Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 16:01   #151

Re: The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread

Gosh! Cant believe it, this is shocking!! I mean I frequently visit Mantra (about 3-4 times a month) and places nearby. I don't think anyone would even touch my current ride, which is a pretty banged up silver indica turbo diesel 2007. But I sure am Not driving my new car (a black i20 asta diesel) which I would get on Nov' 20th.

I'll surely keep an eye out, but I'd also hereby, give u a few tips to find it:
- The best way to hide a big mobile stolen object, like a car, is to hide it in plain sight! So please visit any nearby malls like Eternity, Korum, etc. and check with the security guards since they maintain tabs (note down car nos.) of each car that comes in, and out.

- There are a lot of places in Thane, like for eg. Yeoor Hills near Upvan; since once you enter a place like that, no one would care about What is parked, Where is it parked and how long its parked there for!

- Also check if there are any cars in places like Bandra Linking, Chor Bazaar, near Dharaavi and other shady places which would be covered. (if it'd be the same size as a bolero, please lift the front cover and check.
However, just to ensure this doesnt happen, sometimes these theives remove the all tyres so as to make a big car like Bolero, appear like an i20! (hope u get the picture.)

From the time your car is stolen, you'd have a 72hr. window to find the car (as supposed to what the cops may think!). The chances of you finding the car is less post that time-line; however, do not give up hope!

Cheers Man! & Best of Luck.
Old 20th November 2011, 20:53   #152
BHPian

My Friends Bajaj Pulsar 220F was stolen yesterday afternoon from his building compound. Its a black bike in mint condition. Details of the same are as below.

Bike: Bajaj Pulsar 220F
Colour: Black
Model/year: 2010
Registration Number: MH 02 BS 3113

Was stolen from Orlem, Malad west. So people from Andheri-malad-Borivali please keep a watch on any pulsar 220 which looks abandoned/dusty as it looks like some dude took the bike for a Saturday night "Joy" Ride and would trash it once done with it. Any information in this regard would be helpful in this case.

Some key changes/mods.
1) Rossi 46 and xBhp.com - India's Most Popular Motorcycling/Biker's Community | India's First Motorcycling Biking Lifestyle Magazine sticker on the front visor.
2) White rim highlighters
3) High security number plates.
4) Has a Rosary attached to the handle bar.
5) Heat shields powder coated black.

Kindly contact
Rohan: 9 9 2 0 0 1 1 9 8 3
Mark: 9 8 2 0 4 7 8 1 0 9 / 9 8 1 9 6 1 8 1 0 9
Attached Thumbnails
The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread-300653_233146303414905_100001586117712_650392_683036213_n.jpg  

The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread-302235_233146000081602_100001586117712_650390_335858773_n.jpg  

Last edited by Ripper : 20th November 2011 at 20:56.
Old 21st November 2011, 09:08   #153
BHPian

Darling Swift stolen

My 2010 Swift Vdi stolen from Mumbai Dadar West area early Sunday morning.

Autocop and iCAT = uselsss. I have lodged a FIR and going for a insurance claim.

After reading about horror stories about stolen car discussions on this forum, I can imagine what they must have done to my baby by now . It would not make sense for me to keep her if the police manage to trace her.

Since this is first experience for me I would be very thankful if you guys can share some tips and warnings regarding the claim and police handling process.
This is always a mess and terrible experience in our corrupt country. :(

Regards,
Samigo
Old 21st November 2011, 10:25   #154
Senior - BHPian

Re: Darling Swift stolen

Did the previous gen Swift come with rolling code electronic keys?

Somehow I never trusted AutoCop and iCat.

Unless you have a GPS tracker hidden somewhere in the car it is indeed going to be a tough thing to track it down.

The best you can do is to go to Merrut and scour the spare car markets there.

Cops, FIR and all that jazz simply won't work unless you have some connections.

Insurance will be the path of least financial damage.

Sorry for you loss.
"But life still goes on" if that makes you feel a little better.
Move on.
Old 21st November 2011, 13:58   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought iCat is one of the best security arrangement. When I lost my car key, even the dealership didn't have a spare key to start the car & they told me that I will have to get the spare key or order new keys to start the car!

SO how come your car was stolen? New keys can be ordered only by the owner showing the proof via RT card.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:05   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I thought iCat is one of the best security arrangement.
No idea, but I know of atleast 3 swift diesels that have been stolen in past 6 months. One also had a bloody gear lock in it. They must have cut it with gas cutter or they would have got the duplicate key (people give keys to parking guys and they get a duplicate one done).

None of them have been traced by the delhi police. 2 cars have got their insurance claim and one is still to get it...
Old 21st November 2011, 14:07   #157
Senior - BHPian

ditto. i thought they could never start the car? do you still have both the keys with you?

what did they do? tow the car away?
Old 21st November 2011, 14:08   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
..or they would have got the duplicate key (people give keys to parking guys and they get a duplicate one done).
This is NOT possible is what I have been told by the Maruti guys. Even if you make a duplicate key, all you can do is to open / lock the doors and NOT ignite the engine. For that, the keys need to be registered to iCats by the dealership to activate the immobilizer code.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:11   #159
Senior - BHPian

Very sad indeed. But one thing i don't understand is if your car is traced back, why don't you want to keep it ?

I also thought that with iCats it will be impossible to steal the car! Does anyone know the modus operandi of these car lifters ?

Last edited by shashank.nk : 21st November 2011 at 14:13.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:23   #160
BHPian

This is scary! Feel sorry for your loss Samigo.

Can someone throw some light on how exactly iCats works. And how can it be broken in to. AutoCop I know is not much use. Gear locks help delay the stealing process. So do steering-clutch locks. They are deterrents, not something that makes your car theft proof. How much does the GPS tracker cost? I am not sure if everyone can afford to put in a GPS tracker in their car. And if thieves can disarm iCats, they sure can disarm the GPS tracker.

Waiting for Gurus to throw some light on this.

Regards,
D
Old 25th November 2011, 21:28   #161
BHPian

Just noticed my post got merged here. Thanks TeamBHp, I thought it got deleted.

No news of my car, friends. Police asking me to go for insurance Insurance is from National and was a pain doing the formalities. It takes 90 days to get the untraceable certificate from Police and there is a Court visit too.

The car was on loan and I foreclosed it just recently on 14th November. :-( By now my beloved car must have been ruined by these thugs. I heard they have their hub in Antop Hill near Wadala. The coincident is, I returned home late night watching last show in Imax Wadala. Maybe the group followed me to Dadar. I still can't believe they managed to unlock the steering lock and breakin iCAT. Not sure if I should sue Maruti?

Anyways, I have to arrange a new ride and going to book a punto diesel this time. Maruti's are too much in demand in black markets.

Regards,
Samigo
samigo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 16:02   #162
BHPian

My friend's Yamaha R15 2.0 got stolen today early morning from his house in Ulsoor, Bangalore.

Bike Details:

Model: Yamaha R15 Version 2.0
Color: Red and White
Regn. No.: KA 03 HL 7105

If anyone tries to sell you this bike or you spot it anywhere or if you spot a suspicious similar model, do PM me immediately or call me @9740881381.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pavan
Attached Thumbnails
The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread-r15.jpg  

Old 5th June 2012, 12:00   #163
BHPian

We got the Yamaha R15 back! The thief got caught stealing another bike and this bike was recovered at his house.

Coincidentally, he had one more R15 with him - regn. no KA03HM3739 and color White-Red - which hasn't even been reported as stolen in Bangalore. If any of you know the person who lost this Yamaha R15, please ask him to head to Hennur Police Station immediately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
My friend's Yamaha R15 2.0 got stolen today early morning from his house in Ulsoor, Bangalore.

Bike Details:

Model: Yamaha R15 Version 2.0
Color: Red and White
Regn. No.: KA 03 HL 7105

If anyone tries to sell you this bike or you spot it anywhere or if you spot a suspicious similar model, do PM me immediately or call me @9740881381.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pavan
Old 5th June 2012, 13:13   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
Coincidentally, he had one more R15 with him - regn. no KA03HM3739 and color White-Red - which hasn't even been reported as stolen in Bangalore. If any of you know the person who lost this Yamaha R15, please ask him to head to Hennur Police Station immediately!
Follow the 1st post here , you might get lucky and find the owner.
Old 17th July 2012, 01:42   #165
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My Friends Bike Black Apache RTR160cc (MH02 CC 8129) is stolen
Please call the below number if you see the bike anywhere

Rizwan 9 8 3 3 1 3 8 0 0 7

Most Viewed