Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 13:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

With the increase in petro prices and the new slab rates, inflation will go up.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@dar3dev|l: consider the EV's bought by hotels and other industries. Numbers are high and zilch tax. So why not tax a lil.
@mkh: roll back to previous, which is higher
This is the statement from budget website regarding EV's

"Full exemption from Central Excise duty was provided to electric cars and vehicles that offer an eco-friendly alternative to petrol or diesel vehicles. The manufacturers of such vehicles have expressed difficulty in neutralising the duty paid on their inputs and components. I propose to remedy this by imposing a nominal duty of 4 per cent on such vehicles. I also propose to exempt some critical parts or sub-assemblies of such vehicles from basic customs duty and special additional duty subject to actual user condition. These parts would also enjoy a concessional CVD of 4 per cent."

Source: Government of India : Union Budget and Economic Survey (http://indiabudget.nic.in)

Note sure if it was an increase or a rationalisation ?
Old 26th February 2010, 13:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Will a person fill that much fuel and buy that many cars that he/she ends up paying 4K a month???( using my example of 8 lacs income) Not really - its more about getting from corporates. If a person spends more, companies earn more and the tax companies pay is more,so thats the cycle.
And no compulsion to spend more - just keep it with you
12:47Net revenue gain of Rs 43,500 cr from customs, excise proposal12:47Direct tax proposals result in Rs 26,000 cr loss; indirect tax yield Rs 45,000 cr gain
source budget feed at Budget 2010

MAT increase will reflect just about everywhere. Of course you can reduce on spending but for what? to spend at a later time?

I have a question
12:34Full excise cut on electric cars
does this include hybrids?
Old 26th February 2010, 14:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
More disposable income in hand of people means boost to spending? More cars, houses
More modifications and more trips to the Khopoli Track I would assume
Old 26th February 2010, 20:33   #20
mkh
Senior - BHPian

hikes

hike in car prices announced by all car manufacturers- looks like those who bought to beat the budget this time really made some savings. Again the same question- when budget recommendations take effect post march, why hike now? Is there no regulation in place to ensure the right thing happens??

Most Viewed