Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 10:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
nonsense!!
this is nothing but pouring salt over open wounds.
a man trying to blame his mistakes on a company already facing heat.
I have known of 'n' number of instances involving people pushing the accelerator instead of the brakes.
Cruise control on my camry is designed to switch off the moment you depress the brake.
if there is a problem with it, the vehicle ecu gives you advance warning regarding the situation.
a failure to assess the problem may lead to accidents.
Completely agree. This is all a matter of encashing a beleaguered company's woes.

Everyone of us has made mistakes in driving - its only unfortunate that this gent's mistake costed lives. While he could be true - I personally find it media driven ... though of course, it does merit an investigation
Old 1st March 2010, 19:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I know that CC should automatically disable when you hit the brakes. It should have happened in case of the man who got sentenced too. What I meant is that i mostly disable it manually when I need to brake urgently and use the manual downshift of the autobox in coordination. All in all a 1/2 sec job, but almost guarantees better stopping of my Toyota.
perfectly fine. But you are totally defeating the purpose of your autobox and cruise control . These are supposed to do all that for you automatically.

you could be driving a manual transmission and not notice a difference.

Most Viewed