Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 16:56   #1
BHPian

Your Dreams - All that you have dreamt about automobiles

I don’t know how to say this. I often have dreams regarding cars. Lots of crazy stuffs. Some are frightening, some joy. I am sure, a lot of TBHP members too have dreams regarding Automobiles. Can we have a thread dedicated to that?
To start with, last night I had a wonderful dream. I drive an Alto. But I was dreaming I was driving a Mahindra Jeep. Sky blue in colour (And those who think that dreams cannot be in colour, you are wrong). There is a rail road crossing near our home. I was driving pretty fast towards it. Just before the level crossing, there were two cars, which were ahead of me, and broken down. I was pretty jubilant with the power of the Jeep, the way it handled. And I was driving and testing its capacity for quite some time. (Obviously in my dream) So, I overtook the stranded cars from the wrong side, and went ahead towards the crossing. But to my horror, after going there, I saw the level crossing was closed on the opposite side, with my side gate opened, as there was some work going on in the lines. So, to avoid impact, a swerve towards left, on the line. The Jeep plunges ahead towards the line, and gets stuck in something where in the lines the tracks interchange (that mechanism with lever). Now, I was scared, thinking what if a train comes. So I tried to set free. But I was stuck. Then I just put my hand towards the gear lever, and find that the Jeep is a 4*4, with small 4wd gears jutting out the main gear lever. Then I press the clutch, and push the small lever towards front. But it did not engage. Then, reversed the Jeep, and Put the small lever towards left (calculating between 4h and 4l). Please note, I have never ridden a Jeep, and have no idea about 4h and 4l and how to handle. All hazy theory to me. And to my delight, the Jeep roared back, and boy it did roll back hard, pulling the track changing equipment attached with a chain to it. It roared and dragged the stuff along with it, and I was free to ride.
Call me crazy. I don’t mind.

Most Viewed