Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 16:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

With Delhi heat, don't they dry up?
Old 26th March 2009, 16:40   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I am missing my swimming, but there is nowhere to go except the clubs, which I dont know, whether non members are allowed
Any of the DDA Sports Complexes will allow you to become a seasonal temporary member and use their swimming pools - charges are higher than for permanent members, and some time-slot restrictions may apply, but yes, you can swim.
Old 26th March 2009, 18:25   #18
BHPian

well you do have the mighty Yamuna available FOC ... although You might also have to deal with different species of organic and inorganic matter . O what a rush it would be! .

On a seriuos note I think access to a club/hotel would be your best bet. If you could get hold of a member @ soem club you could get away quite economically as compared hotel pool.
Old 26th March 2009, 22:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
I suppose the Chemsford's club is the nearest one.
And its membership fee is too high

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
What are options available to non members.
I used to go for swimming at Hotel Siddhartha. They used to charge around 12k for a season. But the pool is now closed for the past 3-4 years.
I am missing my swimming, but there is nowhere to go except the clubs, which I dont know, whether non members are allowed
Yeah i know Hotel Siddhartha is right behind my house but is closed now. i know dude how it feels but swimming pools are slowly vanishing away from delhi :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
With Delhi heat, don't they dry up?
Yes they do, and hence they require fillings at regular intervals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
well you do have the mighty Yamuna available FOC ... although You might also have to deal with different species of organic and inorganic matter . O what a rush it would be! .

Thanks guys for your suggestions.
Old 8th May 2009, 19:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
You can call them at 011-25221082.
PBC charge Rs 500/week or Rs 5000 for entire season till Sept per person. And minimum age limit for Swimming pool is 8yrs plus. So if you have any kids around they won't allow.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:29   #21
BHPian

The public Swimming Pools thread

Come summer and there is no better activity to beat the heat than heading to a pool and doing a lap or two in the cool clear water and also indirectly doing a favor to our bodies to shed that extra flab.

Now the question is where to head to and which is a good place to swim in a city like Bangalore? I live in Bangalore east and have no idea of the current condition of swimming pools in Bangalore.

So guys, please chip in your comments, advice, about what is the best option for someone to head out over the weekend and swim a lap or two.
  1. Which is the best (read "Clean") swimming pool in Bangalore
  2. What is the best time to visit during the day as we all know this is summer and have seen the crowds at the pools.
  3. Which pool has decent crowds? We all have seen people get crazy once they are in water :-)
  4. Any suggestions about private pools in places like country club or resorts nearby?
Old 8th March 2010, 10:01   #22
BHPian

Ya people please pitch it with your recommendations. I am desperately on the look out for a decent pool where i can go for say once a week.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:24   #23
BHPian

I go to the KC Reddy pool in Sadhashivanagar from Monday to Thursday at 6'o clock in the morning. Nowadays, its a bit crowded, but ok, if one swims the full length laps in the lanes. There are three lanes and the rest of the pool is free for all and everyone swims lengths and breadths here, and is also crowded. Its a holiday on Friday, and on the weekends, they remove the lanes, so I do not go. The pool is relatively clean compared to other pools in Bangalore. It costs 16 bucks for an adult and 8 bucks for children.

Guys do let me know about any pools in clubs which have Olympic size pools and they allow non members for a fee.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well, I have no idea about pools in Bangalore East. But if you can come upto Sadashivanagar, you can try out KC Reddy Swim Center next to Sankey Tank. It has a very nice pool and the crowd is decent.

The only other 'good' pool I know is the Basavanagudi Aquatics Center, but it will be too far for you I guess.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:18   #25
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions Guys :-) Initially my intention is to go only on Saturdays and Sundays so I don't mind driving to any place as long as the pool is decent with clean changing areas. Of course, the crowd should be tolerable too.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:22   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, I have been searching for a good pool for like ages in Bangalore. The only reason I used to head to Chennai in the summer before was because I could cool off in my pool there!

But I found something even better! There's this club called Patel's INN in RT Nagar next to White House Apartments. Absolutely fantastic pool. Very very clean! Water drained and cleaned every Monday or something. Attendants by the pool side 24/7. Not many people know, so very few people in an almost olympic sized pool (trust me, it takes a LOT of effort to complete a lap).

Its not too cheap, about 150 bucks a day, but it helps cut out the crowd. Sometimes, its like a private pool. Even better with a girl friend around. And nobody stares.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

In South Bangalore,
Cleanest + superbly maintained one is Bangalore International Public School 's swimming pool near Uttarahalli.
It's open for public too. They have toddler+learner+big pool.
cost is 1K/month.

The other public swimming pools in south bangalore are Jayanagar swimming complex & Basavangudi Aquatics center, both are crowded
Old 8th March 2010, 12:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

But I found something even better! There's this club called Patel's INN in RT Nagar next to White House Apartments. Absolutely fantastic pool.
@Red Liner - This place looks interesting. Will try out over the next weekend. RT Nagar is not too far from my place. Yes! the cost is a little on the higher side but that offsets the downsides in a regular public swimming pool in terms of usage time, privacy, cleanliness, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
In South Bangalore,
Cleanest + superbly maintained one is Bangalore International Public School 's swimming pool near Uttarahalli.
@Sushrutha - Uttarahalli is quite far from my place but I will keep a note of this pool. Maybe I can visit that pool occasionally if its really good.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

I use to go to the Gurukul pool on the varthur road just opposite to the New Frosty's.

Its well maintained. Can't compare with others because, I haven't been to any others than this
Old 8th March 2010, 16:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
In South Bangalore,
It's open for public too. They have toddler+learner+big pool.
cost is 1K/month.
Brilliant! I've been going to the Jayanagar pool and hate the fact that its so crowded. 1k a month is very reasonable if you swim everyday. Thanks!

Most Viewed