Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 07:16   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@xtremethunder - I think you played bit too much with the colour selection and total number of colours used. I would go for these kind of colours for childrens room than bed/drawing rooms. But it is your choice, if you liked it nothing else matters.
Yeah..the only selection i made was the green and yellow rest were by family. I could not do much as I am based out of Singapore.In another 2 yrs it will be going for a complete make over as I will be back to India for good.
Old 18th March 2010, 14:16   #32
RVG

@Lateesh, idea of putting black n white photos is just brilliant. Will surely do that. Thanks for suggestion.

@xtremethunder :
Looks like you have already done the glow paint in the ceiling
No, that's the old one itself.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Living room looks cool. Even color combination is very good. After wood work coloring will start. Before that i will decide the color theme for my house. Thanks for support.

@Latheesh,
I was on Ugadi/Gudi Padwa holidays. Back now. My intererior designer "Joy" is from Kerala itself. If you need any suggestion/help from Joy , pl PM.

RVG

Last edited by RVG : 18th March 2010 at 14:33. Reason: Back to back posts, please wait for moderator approval to edit the original post.
Old 18th March 2010, 14:50   #33
RVG

Photo Update : Corner design of false ceiling complete

Hi Friends,
Corner design of false ceiling is complete. Under this design, TV unit will come. For 5.1 channel surround speakers location on the four walls is decided and wire will be concealed.
False ceiling will be having rope lights inside it to give good light effect to ceiling in the light. Also new set of wall lamps and fans will follow.
Also i feel as seating area will be digonally opposite to TV unit area, it's better to move the fan little bit towards the seating area. Then that half circular false ceiling design will also get better space in between.
Also Joy has decided to cut the upper wall portion which separates kitchen and dining. This will really give that Big space feeling. Shown in Photo with comment.

RVG
Attached Thumbnails
Taking up Home Makeover Project-img_7146.jpg  

Taking up Home Makeover Project-img_7149.jpg  

Old 18th March 2010, 15:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

See few pics of string curtains, it looks very nice and really helpfull for small houses as it does help to get maximum natural light inside. Joy will be able to source it easily from Kerala at very less cost as many
small handloom companies in Kerala makes these. Home center Blr was quoting Rs. 600 for a door curtain.
Attached Thumbnails
Taking up Home Makeover Project-string.jpg  

Taking up Home Makeover Project-string1.jpg  

Old 18th March 2010, 15:45   #35
RVG

Quote:
See few pics of string curtains, it looks very nice and really helpfull for small houses as it does help to get maximum natural light inside. Joy will be able to source it easily from Kerala at very less cost as many
small handloom companies in Kerala makes these. Home center Blr was quoting Rs. 600 for a door curtain.
Latheesh, I also love this thing. Even last year i got same kind of curtain from Home Town hyd for 600/-. But my 2+ year daughter loved it so much that u can imagine. All messed up strings. I still have that curtain. So may be once my kids grow up then i will go for those.

RVG
Old 18th March 2010, 16:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

@Latheesh,

These string curtains are exactly what I am looking for my house in Delhi. These need to go between the living room and the lobby and will be perfect, especially the off white/ cream coloured ones shown in the right hand side of the second photo.

Could you advise the shop's contact details where these could be ordered for dispatch to Delhi.

Last edited by khoj : 18th March 2010 at 16:21.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:10   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@Latheesh,

These string curtains are exactly what I am looking for my house in Delhi. These need to go between the living room and the lobby and will be perfect, especially the off white/ cream coloured ones shown in the right hand side of the second photo.

Could you advise the shop's contact details where these could be ordered for dispatch to Delhi.
@Khoj
I got one from Singapore which was approx 3k. You can source it from Singapore if any of ur friends are coming home. If u were in chennai then I can get u one as I m travelling to India in 10 days.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@Latheesh,

You can check @ Home Centre (home solutions division of Lifestyle). I have seen the same in one of their Bangalore store couple of months back. You can check in their delhi store.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:05   #39
RVG

Attn Moderator : Is it a Good idea to interview Joy on Home Interior Designing?

Hi Friends,
Since the beginning of Home Makeover project i got lot of suggestions / questions /why etc from my TeamBHP friends. Can i take a interview of Joy on your questions and post on Team-BHP. I believe the kind of knowledge Joy is having all team-BHP members will definitely get benifited if they wish to do makeover kind of project.Typical questions that i asked were ,
Why somebody need to hire professional interior decorator?
Why false ceiling ?
What color combination ? etc etc.

If all our friends think this will be useful then only i will take permission from joy to join this interview. And i will conduct this interview on my site which is under makeover so that he can tell you the real reasons of taking some major design changes.

Also i need to get confirmation from moderator whether this is right or wrong as per T-BHP rules.

RVG
Old 20th March 2010, 01:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremethunder View Post
@Khoj
I got one from Singapore which was approx 3k. You can source it from Singapore if any of ur friends are coming home. If u were in chennai then I can get u one as I m travelling to India in 10 days.
Hey xtremethunder,

Thank you for your generous offer, I really appreciate it.
Kindly let me have the address/contact details of the outlet in Singapore via pm. A friend of mine is travelling next month to Sing and he can pick it up.

Quote:
You can check @ Home Centre (home solutions division of Lifestyle). I have seen the same in one of their Bangalore store couple of months back. You can check in their delhi store.
Hi Latheesh,
Thank you, I will certainly try out the local Lifestyle store.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:24   #41
RVG

Edit : Attn Moderator : Is it a Good idea to interview Joy .....Dropping this idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVG View Post
Hi Friends,
Since the beginning of Home Makeover project i got lot of suggestions / questions /why etc from my TeamBHP friends. Can i take a interview of Joy on your questions and post on Team-BHP. I believe the kind of knowledge Joy is having all team-BHP members will definitely get benifited if they wish to do makeover kind of project.Typical questions that i asked were ,
Why somebody need to hire professional interior decorator?
Why false ceiling ?
What color combination ? etc etc.

If all our friends think this will be useful then only i will take permission from joy to join this interview. And i will conduct this interview on my site which is under makeover so that he can tell you the real reasons of taking some major design changes.

Also i need to get confirmation from moderator whether this is right or wrong as per T-BHP rules.

RVG
Not a single response on this post. I saw some responses on ordering string curtains etc. Oke then i will continue with my postings wrt make over project. Last 2 days lot of progress is seen. I will upload wooden work progress photos soon.
Thanks to all for kind support .

RVG
Old 20th March 2010, 16:20   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

@RVG, how do you plan to share /post that interview ?

One way is to organize the questions & suggestions you have received, and document Joy's response to these.
Old 20th March 2010, 16:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Progress looks good, RVG! Can't wait to see the pics of the final deal!

Quote:
Not a single response on this post. I saw some responses on ordering string curtains etc. Oke then i will continue with my postings wrt make over project. Last 2 days lot of progress is seen. I will upload wooden work progress photos soon.

RVG
The quickest way to get a mod's attention is to hit the report post button (red triangle) and write a quick note, asking them to see to your issue!
Old 21st March 2010, 12:30   #44

Quote:

RVG
Sorry RVG , was quite busy last few days in search of a new dslr camera.

1.Why somebody need to hire professional interior decorator?
In my case, I did not hire a professional due to 2 reasons.
a. Budget , as I was building a new house whose estimate was quite steep.
b. I could not have much discussion reg the design's as I was staying away from India . Most of the current ones were done based on scans/photos send from home.
I am planning to redo the whole interiors in 2-3 yrs once I m back to India for good.

2.Why false ceiling ?
a. Appearance.
b. Acts as Insulation from heat.
c. Avoids dust collection on the ceiling.
3.What color combination ? etc etc.
It depends on each individual's choice. For bedrooms I prefet Light green on one wall and lighter color on other 3 walls. Green keeps feel fresh and avoid any dark colors on the bed room as it will make the room appear gloomy.

Hope this clears the air.
Old 21st March 2010, 19:35   #45
BHPian

well now that the client has chosen the colours theres nothing that is to be said or done but personally and professionally (am an architect ) these colors are very bold and strong , and although it will look good on a small size shade card , it will not suit the room in the long run when you have to sit hours in it
if you can read psychology of colours you would understand why i would also advise you to go for a lighter shade of colours , believe it or not your moods and feelings will be affected by these colours

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks