Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 08:15   #1
BANNED

Any info about Country Vacations Club membership

Guys,

I need some info about an offer i recieved this morning regarding the Country Club-Country Vactions.

Membership entitles 4 free holidays a year(Only accomodation) + Country Club membership and access to all resorts of Country club throughout. All this at Rs. 36000/-

I would want to know if this membership is worth the money or do you have to expect some other gimmickery after paying up the said money.

Kindly shed some light ASAP.
Old 14th March 2010, 21:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

@Pavan, if you subscribe to Deccan Herald, in every consumer case report, you will see at least one Country Club issue. My advise would be to tread carefully with these guys, if possible, avoid them altogether.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Pavan,

Based on what I know, I would say, stay away. At Rs. 36000, you may be getting the lowest of their deals. The days that would be available to you would be in the most inappropriate seasons. The premium season rates are usually in lakhs. Getting accomodation often according to your convenient dates would not be possible. Also you would generally need to pay some upkeep charges every year, whether you use their accomodation or not.

-Biju
Old 21st March 2010, 11:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from these guys today. They promised three free gifts - kitchen set (a set of few glasses, holiday worth 25k and 7 day accomodation in hotels). They wanted us to attend a presentation about the holiday - related to the free gifts - and collect the gifts. The condition is that attendance is mandatory for husband and wife.

They told me that they are not from country club. That itself shows that these guys are frauds.

I decided to do some research as I had got a call from them 3 years back. As expected, there are plenty of customer complaints all over the net. They are supposed to be frauds. Keep away from them.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 21st March 2010 at 11:53.
Old 24th December 2014, 16:24   #5
BANNED

Re: Any info about Country Vacations Club membership

Bumping up a very old thread.

I am one of those who got the country club membership back in 2007, as I was lured (read fooled) with the free plot offer.
Anyone here has any contacts or information pertaining to how to get the refund of the membership? I tried going to their office in Bangalore, but they said they do not offer any refunds. I have not received the site either. TIA.
Old 25th December 2014, 01:51   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Bumping up a very old thread.

I am one of those who got the country club membership back in 2007, as I was lured (read fooled) with the free plot offer.
Anyone here has any contacts or information pertaining to how to get the refund of the membership? I tried going to their office in Bangalore, but they said they do not offer any refunds. I have not received the site either. TIA.
Refund with these guys is next to impossible. I went to their Indira Nagar office many years ago and the front desk is staffed by junior people.

Your best bet would be Consumer Forum if you have any documentary evidence that you are eligible for the free plot offer. The free plot offer from what I could make it is not worth the paper it is printed on. The plots are basically on dry land many kilometers away from Bangalore quite close to the Andhra Pradesh border.

I am a member of 3 Country Clubs in Bangalore since around 2004. They pester me for annual fees of around Rs. 1,200 once a while. I pay the fees and go there maybe once a year if I am in the mood as the clubs are all located far away from where I live. In any case, it doesn't work like a traditional club as they charge typical restaurant prices for F&B nor is there any great variety in F&B.

I may stop paying the annual fees next time as your post made me realize that I have been throwing money down a drain.
Old 20th August 2016, 11:40   #7
BHPian

Don't know if this thread can be revived, but I also was called for this usual "presentation" of theirs because I filled up a small chit of theirs in a shopping mall just for the heck of it. And I got "lucky" as they call it. Some haywire vouchers included and 2 hours after their sales team almost made me a sales rep myself, I decided to bite the deal though didn't pay anything upfront except 12k registration fees. Got temporary id and told my id's will arrive from hyderabad HO in some weeks. Told them I'll check out their facilities and service before going for vacation package.

So the deal in todays date is 72k for club membership with a 3N-4D holiday stay thrown in. I have to pay taxes for the stay only. F&B plus travel is mine. They claim 4 star facilities everywhere. Vacation package added would take the bill to 1,25,000/- . 7k and 8k annual fees respectively.

Apart from this I also got a 6N-7D holiday in the vouchers. Same thing: pay taxes only. They only offer the accomodation.

There was no plot offer this time. From all the negative feedback seen online, it looks like there are some rogue sales guys among them working secretly to harass/dupe customers maybe. There are plenty of happy customers too, apparently. That's odd. The sinister thing though, was that at the club, the only people I could see milling around were sales people. I didnt go in to explore the whole club though. Have not made time to visit the clubs around yet. Lets see....

Last edited by pixantz : 20th August 2016 at 11:42. Reason: Correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks