Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2011, 10:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Best Cancer hospital in India

Dear Ranjan,
If travelling to Bombay wont be an issue, i suggest you meet Dr. Sultan Pradhan. He's a the best Onco Surgeon & specializes in Head & Neck. He works out of Hinduja Hospital, Prince Aly Khan Hospital & Breach Candy Hospital. I suggest you meet him as, according to me, he's right up there with the best. He's a very compassionate doctor & will never misguide you into something wrong. Appointments though an issue, you can just walk in, though you may have to wait. Also one of the best Radiation Onclogists Dr. Kannan works out of Hinduja Hospital so i suggest you keep that contact handy, just in case.

Also, if you don't want to travel to Bombay, remember one thing, don't go for the hospital, go for the doctor's reputation. God bless & hope the report shows not malignancy & is simply benign. If malignant, it may be Carcinoma which grows & spreads very fast, so please be pro-active & prompt in getting the best treatment. PM me if you would like to share something, always ready to help.

Regards,
Anil

SORRY, I JUST SAW THE DATE OF THIS MESSAGE. HOPE YOUR FATHER IS FINE NOW RANJAN.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 26th March 2011 at 10:16. Reason: Ignore or Delete this message Mods, my mistake
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:36   #32
BANNED

Hello All,
My cousin grandmother has been diagnosed with the cancer of the tongue. She is currently at Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh.

Can someone please suggest a good Oncologist across the country who can be contacted for this at the earliest?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:17   #33
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hello All,
My cousin grandmother has been diagnosed with the cancer of the tongue. She is currently at Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh.

Can someone please suggest a good Oncologist across the country who can be contacted for this at the earliest?

here is the list of RCC in india.

Regional Cancer Centres in the Country
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:40   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Best Cancer hospital in Hyderabad?

My friend's mom has been reported positive for Colon Cancer. Her prelim surgery was done in Yashoda Hospital in the start of this month. She would be undergoing chemotherapy followed by radiation-therapy starting for first week of July (after the wound heals).

I wanted suggestion about most suitable and trusted hospital in Hyderabad.

He has shortlisted a few hospitals e.g. Appollo, KIMS, Yashoda, Indo-american cancer institute, Asian institute of gastro and Omega hospital. But, he is in confused state at present. Due to traveling inconveniences, he had decided to continue the treatment in Hyderabad only.

Thanks a lot
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:41   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Try taking openion of Dr. VP Gangadharan at Lakeshore Hospital Kochi. (Lakeshore Hospital, Cochin,Kerala,India.) . Google with his name, you will get his home/mobile number. He usually take calls in the evening after 9pm.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

[] Tata Memorial Bombay was good . I do not know the state of affairs now.

[] Dr Kuchipillai( I hope the spellings are correct) is one of the best there is. She used to be at Rotary Cancer, AIIMS.

[] Sanjay Gandhi Hospital in Rohini, Delhi is said to be v good. I use the words "said to be". No long waiting or queues like in AIIMS and expensive.

I will any day go to Dr K. She kept my Dad alive for a good 12 years. The day we ventured out of AIIMS we signed his death warrant. A fact I have regretted for the past 18 years. My best wishes for your grand mother's speedy recovery.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:03   #37
BHPian

Any feedback on the Apollo Banergetta Bangalore for Breast Cancer ?
Old 6th July 2015, 18:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Any feedback on the Apollo Banergetta Bangalore for Breast Cancer ?
Not sure about the Apollo , the following hospitals are really good in Bangalore.

1. BGS gobal hospital.
2.HCG
3.Bangalore institute of Oncology
4. Manipal
Old 6th July 2015, 19:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Not sure about the Apollo , the following hospitals are really good in Bangalore.

1. BGS gobal hospital.
2.HCG
3.Bangalore institute of Oncology
4. Manipal
Is Blr Institute of Oncology and HCG same? I noticed Bangalore Institute of Oncology on Double Road, BLR carrying HCG boards.
Old 6th July 2015, 20:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Is Blr Institute of Oncology and HCG same? I noticed Bangalore Institute of Oncology on Double Road, BLR carrying HCG boards.
Yes. BIO has been renamed as HCG after a change in ownership structure. It has been corporatized and a bit unethical, especially if you don't have insurance. I would personally recommend Shankara run by Shankar Math, the renowned surgical oncologist Dr.Sreenath is running the show. He is not only highly competent but also extremely ethical.

Best of luck.

Regardz.
Old 6th July 2015, 20:19   #41
BHPian

For breast cancer, Tata Memorial Hospital.

It may not be as convenient as a private hospital, but the experience and knowledge that the doctors possess is leagues ahead.

Dr. Rajendra Badwe is the dean of TMH, and also the Head of the Breast Cancer unit at TMH and is a a Padma Shri recipient.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks