Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2012, 07:49   #61
BHPian

Re: Found feathers in KFC wings and Blood stains in the Bone

You should have asked for their head office's number. That would have been enough for them to cry and beg on their knees. Go back with your bill and see what can be done.
Old 20th May 2012, 07:56   #62
Team-BHP Support

I am not really shocked with this. Off late the fast-food chains are getting a bit of stick. The blood stain bit you mentioned is quite common in fried chicken legs, but the hairs on the winglets is clearly lack of proper QC.
Here is a recent court verdict against the same chain in Australia
KFC fined $8 million for Australia food poisoning - Health - msnbc.com
Old 20th May 2012, 08:36   #63
BHPian

"KFC!! So fresh that you can still see the blood on it..!!"

A friend of mine had narrated a similar incident to me, and the manager there tried to play it down by telling him that it was not a blood stain, it is just the color of the flesh. My friend was way to freaked out to try n touch it..!! She left the food then n there n left the place.
Old 20th May 2012, 09:35   #64
BHPian

Am not sure on KFC's at other parts of the country, but the Bangalore ones have gone to dogs. This is specially with the Forum Mall KFC and the Meenakshi Mall KFC. The place stinks of toilet and has leaking floors. I don't know if they have chocked kitchens or bad staff. The place is simply disgusting to eat at.
Old 20th May 2012, 09:46   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I recently saw that there was a food poisoning case against KFC in Australia.
I submit here that if one eats meat the sight of a bit of blood ought not to cause such consternation. After all blood is an essential part of the meat! Having said that there is no excuse for KFC's poor presentation because their concept is consistency and a predictable experience all over the world.
Feathers etc are a no no and argues a QC failure.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:00   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

I have encountered the blood stains on many occasions across various eateries. Always tried to convince myself that its the colour of the flesh rather than blood ( as pointed above my a member too). The feathers is just not acceptable.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:20   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
My friend was way to freaked out to try n touch it..!! She left the food then n there n left the place.
Perhaps it's time for her to go vegetarian. Fast food outlets serving chicken drumsticks are bound to have blood stains at least once in a while. The blood stains are impossible to spot in QC because they are located further into the meat and are only visible when you separate the meat from the bone - that isn't something that can be done without changing the physical appearance. So, the best option? Go vegetarian.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:46   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Perhaps it's time for her to go vegetarian. Fast food outlets serving chicken drumsticks are bound to have blood stains at least once in a while. The blood stains are impossible to spot in QC because they are located further into the meat and are only visible when you separate the meat from the bone - that isn't something that can be done without changing the physical appearance. So, the best option? Go vegetarian.
Well then what when we buy chicken from a shop and cook it at home? There are leg pieces (everyone's fav!!), where the meat is attached to the bone.. Do you mean to say that it is normal for that to have blood as well? I thought you could get rid of that when the meat is washed (properly)?
Old 20th May 2012, 11:02   #69
BANNED

I have sent an E mail to them last night, yet to receive response, Will keep you guys updated.
@Suhaas thanks for the info, will call them soon.
Old 20th May 2012, 11:09   #70
BHPian

In agreement with nitin. Blood is integral part of meat, and if you like to eat meat, you shouldn't feel disgust by the sight of blood (in above case). Having said that, presence of feathers is not acceptable at all.
Old 20th May 2012, 17:26   #71
AWD
BHPian

KFC in our City doesn't fare well either. I must have fallen ill 6 out of 10 times after having food there. Last time around the folks working there took us to a tour of the Kitchen to showcase quality control. On the outside quality looked ok but there could be some fault in handling, temp. control or procurement.

Non-veg gets contaminated very easily & readily. They did tell us something about destroying stuff if temp. fluctuates, don't know how strictly/religiously they follow it. Things shown by OP, blood, wings, etc. is pretty easy to spot in their stuff. Alternately I don't relish their flavours too, almost bland... Also "Fried-stuff" is not my cuppa-tea.

Not so strangely, the outlets in our City are doing big-business. Maybe because of small-City syndrome & NRI culture.

Quality at McD's is not great either, similar to another members experience, some friends of ours were also served Non-Veg. in lieu of Veg. Personal I don't consider it as a big issue & must be really funny for the MNC's. Guess it happens only in India...!
Old 20th May 2012, 19:35   #72
Senior - BHPian

Oh Damn Totally forgot TBhp is also a place for such non-car talk...

Sometime around April-2012

Me, wife and baby had gone to Bangalore- Jayanagar 4th block KFC and saw something interesting. There were 2 large buckets filled with water and a RED paper (coke cup) 1 each in them - for hand wash

They were out of overhead storage water and they asked customers to wash hand from the bucket water.

Invariably 1 out of 2 customers took a mobile pic or video of that scene that day, I was too occupied with my baby to take a pic/vid.

Sigh!
Old 20th May 2012, 20:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

Really unbelievable! Have not seen this kind of thing even in Muniyandi Vilas! At least there blood is a delicacy and you have to order for it separately!
Old 20th May 2012, 23:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
KFC in our City doesn't fare well either.
BTW which city is yours.
I am a pure veg but sometimes get fascinated by KFC ads and feel like trying it once in a while (call it poor self-control or powerful marketing) but this thread has come at the most perfect time for me.
Old 21st May 2012, 08:27   #75
BHPian

# KFC Guwahati #

Be warned : After eating here get medical insurence or keep money handy for future hospital bills #

The story is same with KFC Guwahati in Assam.

I feel people are so in awe and overwhelmed by the brandname and somewhat feel like American while still in their otherwise not so perfect world that the franchisee's take advantage of it by offering old, rotten, half fried stock that also fried in many days old oil.

I found blood twice in chicken fries offered in KFC Guwahati outlet and never went back since.

Some consumers seem to have realised that the quality of food offered at KFC Guwahati is unhealthy and shall cause serious illness in the long run specially due to reuse of the same old oil for weeks together and use of rotten old stock.

Before there used to be lines of people waiting outside from main road with even hour long wait. Now KFC Guwahati is mostly empty.

But given the small town, new money, new develoment scenerio the big brands with their huge advertising presence stays in the business with newer bakras every day.

People has to realise that our tandoori chicken is hundread times better and safer than American junk that also run by greedy locals who has no respect for health issues or quality control.

I was thinking why many KFC outlts were demanded to be closed in some places by public, when they were yet to open in Guwahati, now i know.

The same goes for Pizza Hut and Dominoz Guwahati as well whose non veg items always has a rotten raw smell.

So stay away from KFC Guwahati or be ready for medical expences.

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 21st May 2012 at 08:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks