Team-BHP - Passport Renewal Procedure
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Passport Renewal Procedure (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/78424-passport-renewal-procedure-109.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3541696)
Finally, I was 'granted' passport today morning.

However, I am surprised with the remark 'Police Verification: Not required'. I wonder why. Since I am not only renewing my passport, I am also changing the address details. Lucky me (???) !

OMG !:Shockked:

Just for kicks, I checked the status of passport on the website and it says

"Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched."

Mind you, I did not apply for TATKAL passport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazing (Post 3541777)

Is it normal delay ? or am I expected to visit the PS and enquire about it so that after necessary 'oiling' it might move :-) ?

The turnaround is generally 3 weeks.Please visit your local thana with the PSK receipt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3541861)

"Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched."

It depends on the availability of PP booklets with the respective RPO.Tatkaal applicants first.You should get your PP by early next week.My co-bother who stays in Mysore applied for PP in B'lore last year in normal quota along with his cousin who applied in Tatkaal.Both of them got their respective PP's in 5 4 days flat.

Waseem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 3541759)
It depends on the ''MOOD'' of the officer at counter 'C'.

Lucky you....

I doubt! The passport entries have this flag ON/OFF even before you go for renewal, as far as I know! I had mine checked 3-4 months before (with a relative in passport office) and she confirmed that it's marked NO for me. Same was mentioned when I got the acknowledgement form.

Quote:

Just for kicks, I checked the status of passport on the website and it says

Exactly same status for my kid's application as well-within hours of applying! Am really impressed by the speed at which Pune PSK operates.

Incidentally I have been through the renewal/issuance process 4 times since 2010, for each member of the family. The process has changed every single time. In the "good old" days you had to line up outside the shabby RPO on Senapati Bapat Road, come rain or shine, from 6 in the morning. The office would eventually open around 10 and if you were lucky it'd only take you an hour or so to get inside where surly officials yelled at you for not making "sets" of your documents properly. But the good part was if you survived those few hours of discomfort, you were pretty much guaranteed your passport- and I got them pretty fast too, within a month which I thought was good. A couple of years ago, the missus applied for a tatkaal renewal and was made to walk on coals before she got it. They rejected her first address proof submission (company letter) and when we submitted a bank statement on the second visit they accepted that but told her that her previous passport had been flagged in the system as "unverified". Mind you it had been issued nearly 10 years ago in another city but that didn't unmove them- get a verification from the original police station or get an affidavit from Notary etc. We dug into our contacts and managed the latter, so when she landed up for her third and final visit we figured we had everything covered. We did- but for some reason they didn't even ask for the affidavit and nobody mentioned anything about the old passport being flagged. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but that was a true exercise in time-wasting.

This time was the best experience of all. New passport for infant, both parents present, electricity proofs of last month and last year in my name, birth certificate. Got a 9:15 appointment (non-tatkaal) and landed up at 9, was allowed straight in. No issues with any documents but the only irritant was having to wait an hour at counter B. Complained a couple of times (the regular queue was moving faster than the queue for infants and senior citizens, go figure!) but the staff told us there was nothing they could do since it is all automated (yay TCS!:D) Finally our number came up and we moved to counter C. There are 9 C counters at Pune PSK and shockingly only 3 of them were manned that day. Finally at 10:40 three more of the staff landed up and the queue gathered some momentum. We got our turn quite soon after and were out of the PSK with our "Go" confirmation before 11. Not bad at all, though in all honesty it's a bit long for infants and seniors. Pune desperately needs a second PSK soon.

No police verification for minors and the passport is printed and will be dispatched soon as per the website. Fingers crossed.

Hi, I have a query regarding my passport which is due to expire in Oct 2015. Also my address has changed and need to add spouse's name in my passport. My wife's passport has my name. Can I do all these three changes together (i.e., renewal , spouse name addition & address change) or do I have get my personal details changed first and then go for renewal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiler (Post 3542450)
Hi, I have a query regarding my passport which is due to expire in Oct 2015. Also my address has changed and need to add spouse's name in my passport. My wife's passport has my name. Can I do all these three changes together (i.e., renewal , spouse name addition & address change) or do I have get my personal details changed first and then go for renewal.

Yes, you can do all of these together. I did the same just yesterday and the passport is granted. You need Adhaar card on your name, original marriage certificate and all passport application related documents. As per new process, you dont need to carry any photographs, as they click photos at run time.

All the best !

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiler (Post 3542450)

You can get all these three changes together.

Waseem.

Thank You. Will start the procedure by next month when my expiry date will be within the 1 year date range.

Quote:

Holy smoke! :Shockked:

Just received SMS: "Your passport # xxxx has been dispatched on 30/09/2014 by Speed post..."

If a normal passport is delivered within a week, then what is Tatkal? Anyways, I am pretty pleased. :D

12/09/2014 - I apply for renewal of my passport. No change in any details including address.
15/09/14 - I get SMS saying file has been sent for police verification.
17/09/2014 - Cop comes home checks the details and calls me to the police station next day with long list of documents + zerox's.
18/09/2014 - I go to the police station but cop not around. I am told he is gone for the day.
19/09/2014- I go again, get the verification done. I don't pay any bribe. Just say thank you and walk out :).
29/09/2014 - I get SMS saying Passport printing for file no xx initiated. You will receive SMS once passport is printed.
30/09/2014 - I log onto the website to track my passport and it still say's, my file is awaiting police verification.

Why is there a discrepancy between the SMS & what's mentioned on the website even though I gave it 24 hours for getting updated? I am doubtful because I didn't pay the bribe and I can't believe the cops are going to clear my file till i give them chai-pani.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3546669)

If a normal passport is delivered within a week, then what is Tatkal? Anyways, I am pretty pleased. :D

Answering your question via timeline:

4-Aug-2014 :Renewal appointment via tatkal at PSK Andheri, Bombay 10:15 hours
4-Aug-2014: 12:30 hours : Exit PSK.
4-Aug-2014: 13:00 hours : Get an SMS saying that printing has been initiated.
5-Aug-2014: 10:00 hours : Get an SMS saying printing for passport no : XXXXX completed. Will be updated once dispatched.
5-Aug-2014: 15 :00 hours : Next SMS says that passport has been dispatched via Speed Post and tracking number mentioned.
6-Aug-2014 : 10:00 hours : Check the Indian Post website with tracking number and find out that passport has arrived at my local post office.
6-Aug-2014 : 13:00 hours : Passport received at doorstep :)

So, all-in-all it took roughly 48 hours for my passport to come home Was really impressed with the entire process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_flying_B (Post 3548004)
Answering your question.

So, all-in-all it took roughly 48 hours for my passport to come home Was really impressed with the entire process.

Agreed. I lost my mind for a few seconds due to unexpectedly impressive service at PSK. :D

The biggest difference is when you get the appointment. I got mine 4 weeks after i applied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3548035)
The biggest difference is when you get the appointment. I got mine 4 weeks after i applied.

Good to see the PSKs have sped up the passport issue process. The only bottleneck in the machinery is in scheduling an appointment. However, i dont see this improving till more PSKs are opened. After all, they can only take in a certain number of slots a day!

Yippi !! Finally I got my passport delivered on 5th October. The delivery got delayed due to 4 consecutive government holidays.

I am planing to use bank statement as address proof, is it mandatory to present both passbook and account statement or either one of those is enough?