Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 11:12   #166
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
I was going to submit an application for my passport reissue and was told Bangalore One does not accept the applications any more due to the sheer backlog numbe. Is this true?
For Renewing your Passport, now you book an online appointment and then go on the Appointed day to the nearest Passport Seva Kendra and submit the necessary documents and get it done. The Process is very clear and good.

Here is the Website:
http://passportindia.gov.in/
Old 8th February 2011, 14:13   #167
BHPian

if in Bangalore bangaloreone would be the best choice ,

I had done my renewals for the passport and applied for a new one in bangalore one ,

very prompt if you have all the documents ready .

i think there would not accpet renewals of passport which have a valid visa.

Also one applied you can track it on the net
Old 10th February 2011, 08:20   #168
Senior - BHPian

Applied for a tatkal passport yesterday at the Thane passport office. Unusual rush was witnessed and the verfying authorities were literally sweating even in the AC cabins. The verfying authority had some issues with my application esp the photo on the main page. Asked me to stick a new one with proper size. Met the Passport officer to expedite, he laughed when I said I want tatkal in tatkal service.
The depatch date was give as 17th Feb, I would probably receive it by 18th.

The old passport was returned back since it had a valid visa but nothing was done for the lamination peel off. When I enquired they said that the valid visa would be mentioned in the new passport but I need to carry the old passport along with the new one. The old passport has been stamped "Cancelled and returned".
Old 10th February 2011, 09:30   #169
Senior - BHPian

I did a renewal of my family's passports last week at PP Seva Kendra in ORR and I must say that experience has been excellent. Kudos to the authorities and TCS who make the process painless in spite of a large crowd. It took about 1.5 hrs for us to complete the whole process.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:17   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I did a renewal of my family's passports last week at PP Seva Kendra in ORR and I must say that experience has been excellent. Kudos to the authorities and TCS who make the process painless in spite of a large crowd. It took about 1.5 hrs for us to complete the whole process.
Vasoo, Can you confirm if we need to take any photographs to the PSK ? Or do they take the snaps and the fingerprints thereitself ?

How soon should we reach the PSK before the appointment time ?

Thanks a ton
Old 11th February 2011, 17:56   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Vasoo, Can you confirm if we need to take any photographs to the PSK ? Or do they take the snaps and the fingerprints thereitself ?

How soon should we reach the PSK before the appointment time ?

Thanks a ton
You dont need to carry photographs. They will take photo and fingerprints in the first counter itself. Just take the documents as mentioned in the website and make sure you have at least two photostat copies of all of them, including your old passport, if any. Reaching about 10 mins before appointment is good enough.
Old 13th February 2011, 12:19   #172
BHPian

@ Vasoo, Thanks a ton for your information and help
Old 15th February 2011, 08:34   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Applied for a tatkal passport yesterday at the Thane passport office. The depatch date was give as 17th Feb, I would probably receive it by 18th.
I tried to check the status of my passport application on the status page of the Thane passport office but the message comes as "The File no is either wrong or no information is available". Are Tatkal application's status are not displayed on the status page. Any ideas?
Old 15th February 2011, 08:48   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I tried to check the status of my passport application on the status page of the Thane passport office but the message comes as "The File no is either wrong or no information is available". Are Tatkal application's status are not displayed on the status page. Any ideas?
Usually wait for a week time and the system will display the details.
Old 15th February 2011, 09:30   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Usually wait for a week time and the system will display the details.
Boss, I have been promised the delivery of the passport after a week's time, when do I then check the status?

I applied on 9th feb, the receipt carries a comment that the passport will be despatched on 17th. Out of curiosity I wanted to see the status.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:34   #176
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I need your help on this one.

My mother was issued a passport which was valid for 20 years (12 years back). Her passport is still in the old style where all the particulars like name address etc were written by hand and then laminated. AFAIK, passports are now issued only for 10 years.

Recently when she travelled to Dubai she was made to wait for a while before leaving immigration in Bangalore Airport. Her passport had to be checked by a senior officer before she was passed. Apparently, such passports are not/will not be accepted. The same thing happened when she arrived in Bangalore. The immigration officer asked her to get her passport changed immediately after returning to Bangalore.

Has anybody faced this kind of situation? What do they mean by changing the passport? Does she have to renew her passport or get it re-issued? It is still valid for 8 years though.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:40   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Guys, I need your help on this one.

My mother was issued a passport which was valid for 20 years (12 years back). Her passport is still in the old style where all the particulars like name address etc were written by hand and then laminated. AFAIK, passports are now issued only for 10 years.

Recently when she travelled to Dubai she was made to wait for a while before leaving immigration in Bangalore Airport. Her passport had to be checked by a senior officer before she was passed. Apparently, such passports are not/will not be accepted. The same thing happened when she arrived in Bangalore. The immigration officer asked her to get her passport changed immediately after returning to Bangalore.

Has anybody faced this kind of situation? What do they mean by changing the passport? Does she have to renew her passport or get it re-issued? It is still valid for 8 years though.
My mother also had a similar passport. You have to immediately apply for a re-issue. Traveling with that passport can attract many issues. Both passports should be clipped together.Any valid visas on the old passport will remain valid. See the link below

http://rpobangalore.gov.in/frm_validity_change.asp

Apparently Schengen countries and US has stopped accepting 20 yr passport as a valid travel document.

Last edited by vasoo : 15th February 2011 at 11:45.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:02   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
My mother also had a similar passport. You have to immediately apply for a re-issue. Traveling with that passport can attract many issues. Both passports should be clipped together.Any valid visas on the old passport will remain valid. See the link below

RPO : Extension of Validity

Apparently Schengen countries and US has stopped accepting 20 yr passport as a valid travel document.
Thanks Vasoo. Any idea how long this procedure will take?
Old 15th February 2011, 12:05   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Thanks Vasoo. Any idea how long this procedure will take?
Should be just like any other re-issue. If there is a change of address, then it may take longer due to PV. Else you should get it done in about 2 weeks for Normal processing.
Old 18th February 2011, 18:24   #180
BHPian

I want to renew my passport. But the problem is I am based out of Calcutta now and the passport was issued in Hyderabad. Is it necessary that I have to physically visit Hyd to get it renewed?

I called an agent here in Calcutta and he clearly told me that it cannot be renewed through Cal passport office. Can anyone guide me on this? I have an upcoming travel in April 1st week and I have to get the renewed passport by then

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks