Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 23:42   #1831
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Have my passport due for renewal.
Are we required to carry passport photographs?
Old 11th March 2015, 00:30   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Have my passport due for renewal.
Are we required to carry passport photographs?
They click a photo of your's then and there at the PSK.

However, would suggest to carry one or two photos, incase they have some issues.
Old 11th March 2015, 10:54   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Had a bad day going to the PSK, Lalbagh Road. I had given the Aadhar card for address proof. The 3rd person who checks had a problem saying they need the whole card (as it was mailed when we received it) and just the card is not accepted.
I am sorry you had to go through this. The full aadhar card requirement is a known issue and has been highlighted on this thread in an earlier post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3637288

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3622007

Anybody going for passport appointment should keep this in mind.
Old 11th March 2015, 21:40   #1834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Thanks Waseem.

Do they accept E-Aadhaar as a Valid Document ?
They are suppose to accept E-Aadhaar & there is a notification to this effect as well but the sad part is that they dont.

Waseem
Old 11th March 2015, 21:48   #1835
BHPian

Thanks Waseem. I will post the updates here once my BIL finishes his appointment at PSK.

I have another Q. Can he change his Bank Account address and get the new passbook with the new address printed on it and get last one year statements printed? Will this be a valid document? I remember they will also print the date of passbook issued.
Old 12th March 2015, 11:54   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Thanks Waseem. I will post the updates here once my BIL finishes his appointment at PSK.

I have another Q. Can he change his Bank Account address and get the new passbook with the new address printed on it and get last one year statements printed? Will this be a valid document? I remember they will also print the date of passbook issued.
Yup.He can do that.All he needs to do is carry address proof (rent agreement+electricity bill),Aadhar Card and they will immediately change the address and issue him a new pass book.Ensure that they affix his PIC on the PB as well with bank seal.

The statements should be endorsed by the bank if they are printed online.

Waseem.....
Old 18th March 2015, 19:35   #1837
BHPian

Got my passport renewed. The appointment was on 13th March. Passport recieved on 18th.
Took my IT returns (Which had a date of July 14), last 3 months airtel bill (was not endorsed by Airtel), Gas bill from Dec 14 and Jan 15.
Got in at 11 AM and was able to get out by 2 PM.
The token issue took quite some time.
the A counter was pretty quick; this is where they take the snap.
At the B counter, The officer wanted my PAN card original which I was not carrying. So he sent me to the C counter.
The officer at C counter checked my proofs and he was satisfied. He put the police verification as Post verify.
I had moved to my current residence about an year back, hence did not have much proofs.
DUring police verification, I was able to find my gas bill from April 14. THey also asked for my sale deed which had a 2013 date.

Thanks for all the advice and warning guys, else I would have taken this lightly.
Old 8th April 2015, 12:30   #1838
BANNED

Hi Bhpians,

I need some information regarding Police clearance certificate (PCC).

Last year I was in Bangalore and my passport was due expire and I got it renewed there. Hence my renewed passport has Bangalore address (rental house).
This year I moved to Pune as a part of change in Job. Now I need PCC for visa processing.

1. I am neither a native of Bangalore nor of Pune
2. My Passport has address of a rental accommodation in Bangalore
3. Passport has been renewed last June
4. I am in Pune for last one month only, as per address proof I have registered rental agreement and GAS connection.

Can I apply for PCC in Pune? As I am not in Pune for last 1 year, I suppose there will be a police verification process in Bangalore and Pune. How I can handle police verification in Bangalore?

Any input is highly appreciated.
Old 8th April 2015, 17:05   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post

Any input is highly appreciated.
In which month was your PP issued in Bangalore. (dd/mm/yy)

Waseem.....
Old 8th April 2015, 17:20   #1840
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
In which month was your PP issued in Bangalore. (dd/mm/yy)
Passport was renewed in 10/06/2014 in Bangalore.

Even if I want to wait for 2 more months till June 2015, I just shifted to Pune. I don't have any address proof of last year for Pune.
Old 29th April 2015, 15:15   #1841
Senior - BHPian

Received Notice from RPO for Police Verification

Hi guys,

I have come across a very weird situation.

I had my passport renewed in April 2013 and even traveled abroad in December the same year. In Aug/Sept 2014 I received a letter from the Mumbai Regional Passport Office stating 'Clarifications Required Regarding Issuance of Passport Facilities to Shri XXXXXX' in which it states that the applicant has not attended the verification at the Police Station.

However, after I received my passport in 2013, a police officer from the local police station did visit my residence for a verification. He was attended to by my Mom as I was at work.

I am hence confused about this entire situation as to what verification is required now after I have already received my passport and traveled abroad too. I also tried contacting the RPO regarding this issue but the telephones are never answered.

Has anyone come across this situation? What am I supposed to do now as I will be traveling abroad again by the end of this year.

Please help!
Old 29th April 2015, 23:00   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

I have come across a very weird situation.

However, after I received my passport in 2013, a police officer from the local police station did visit my residence for a verification. He was attended to by my Mom as I was at work.

Has anyone come across this situation? What am I supposed to do now as I will be traveling abroad again by the end of this year.

Please help!
Did you apply for the passport in Tatkal? In Tatkal, passport is issued pending PV. Even if the officer visited your house, that doesn't Complete the verification. You will have to personally go with all possible documents and some more.
Old 30th April 2015, 22:52   #1843
Team-BHP Support

I'm applying to renew my passport. Original was issued in Bhopal, M.P. I need the following changes made during renewal:

1. Address Change (Bhopal to Bangalore)
2. Addition of Spouse name

The document adviser says I need these:

1. Original Passport
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Address Proof (any one of the list)

For address proof I can provide the following from the prescribed list: my IT Returns, Bank Statement for last one/two years (ICICI Bank), proof of gas connection, postpaid mobile bills (Airtel).

Will these be sufficient?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th April 2015 at 23:01.
Old 30th April 2015, 23:40   #1844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
For address proof I can provide the following from the prescribed list: my IT Returns, Bank Statement for last one/two years (ICICI Bank), proof of gas connection, postpaid mobile bills (Airtel).

Should be good. But carry 2/3 from above just to be safe. I had renewed with Icici stmt and gas connection. ( 1.5 years back). The bank statement should have the bank seal. Along with gas connection doc, carry couple of the recent bills also.
Old 4th May 2015, 17:49   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Couple of things that you may want to keep in mind:
- they may want to see the originals of the bank statement as well as telephone bill (not a PDF print out or a web download statement) for verification.
- In the case of phone bill, you need to give 2 bills with the address - of which 1 is a year old. I presume you have taken care of these.
- the requirement is not IT returns, but IT assessment order. Important difference between the two.

Most Viewed