Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2015, 15:02   #1861
Team-BHP Support

Passport delivered at 1PM today. 72 hours from tatkaal appointment to delivery. Awesome!
Old 12th May 2015, 14:57   #1862
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Now that my Passport has my Bangalore address and my wife's name endorsed, I'm planning to use that as address proof with her application.

The passport helpline says it's sufficient, but I've heard plenty of instances (one on the previous page itself) where such applications get rejected for want of additional proof.

All of my wife's documents have her native address. What should we do now? Are my documents admissible for her if I furnish our marriage certificate and my passport with her name endorsed as spouse?
Old 12th May 2015, 16:06   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Are my documents admissible for her if I furnish our marriage certificate and my passport with her name endorsed as spouse?
It is better to have at least one more document like the Aadhaar card or bank statement which shows your wife is residing at the current address for more than a year. I carried my wife's Aadhaar card along with my passport which was renewed in 2011 and has the new address. No questions asked. Usually, the more documents you carry, the less questions asked. I renewed my wife's and my son's passport recently and carried multiple documents for address proof. The process was so smooth that they gave me back some of the documents saying that you have more than enough supporting evidence
Old 12th May 2015, 16:39   #1864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
It is better to have at least one more document like the Aadhaar card or bank statement which shows your wife is residing at the current address for more than a year.
That's the problem, she doesn't have anything that's valid for a year+ with a Bangalore address on it. Her previous bank account has her previous address listed, so does every other govt.-issued document. She did open an ICICI Bank account recently but we'll need to wait nearly a year to use that as proof.

Ridiculous having to jump through hoops to get a passport even after having all sorts of govt. issued documents.
Old 12th May 2015, 18:44   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

All of my wife's documents have her native address. What should we do now? Are my documents admissible for her if I furnish our marriage certificate and my passport with her name endorsed as spouse?
Quote:
That's the problem, she doesn't have anything that's valid for a year+ with a Bangalore address on it. Her previous bank account has her previous address listed, so does every other govt.-issued document. She did open an ICICI Bank account recently but we'll need to wait nearly a year to use that as proof.

Ridiculous having to jump through hoops to get a passport even after having all sorts of govt. issued documents.
You are right.They dont accept spouse PP as valid address proof and insist on another document.

Please ask her to transfer her bank account from her native place to Bangalore.Go that Bangalore branch and ask them to change the address and issue her a new passbook (with pic) and Bangalore address.

She needs to carry the below mentioned documents for change of address in her bank account.

1, Your PP
2, Rent agreement+ electricity bill (if rented) or registration document

They will change the address and will issue her a new passbook.Once the new address is updated, take statement of account of last one year and you have a valid address proof.

Waseem.....
Old 12th May 2015, 23:03   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
They do accept spouse passport as address proof provided you have your spouse name on the passport. But it is always good to carry one additional address proof. However you can show your passport and then your marriage certificate.

My passport got expired a year back. I could not renew for the past one year but renewed it last week. My wife had her passport reissued with my name in her passport. I used her passport as address proof. But carried my gas bill as well, the process went smoothly without any issues.

It is clearly mentioned that spouse passport is acceptable as address proof in the list of documents that can be submitted for address proof.
Old 12th May 2015, 23:19   #1867
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
It is clearly mentioned that spouse passport is acceptable as address proof in the list of documents that can be submitted for address proof.
I agree with you, but the page containing the list of acceptable proofs is titled 'At least one of the below' and it says further at the bottom 'list is indicative, final decision at RPO's discretion', which in Bangalore PSK-speak turns into "bring more proof". Plenty of examples on this very thread.

If I had additional proofs there won't be a problem, but it turns out the only document my wife has that has both her name and current address on it is MY passport, NOTHING else.

On Waseem's advice, I'm pursuing the option of getting her SBI account transferred to Bangalore and using a running account statement for proof along with my documents to support. Worst case, I'll have her apply at her native if Bangalore PSK refuses to budge.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 12th May 2015 at 23:21.
Old 14th May 2015, 16:37   #1868
BHPian

Fantastic experience with Thane PSK.

Had to get my passport renewed within this month for some reason. So opted for the tatkal way. Process of application completed online. Its a lengthy but fairly easy process. Got an appointment for yesterday (13-may-2015) booked on Monday (11-may-2015).
Appointment time: 9:45 AM,
Reporting time: 9:30 AM

Reached on time to get in the queue. The guard allowed the group a little ahead of assigned time. Tatkal applicants have a separate queue, where they check your documents and ask you to wait in the waiting area. Within 10 minutes, they call your name and you need to collect your file from the same guy with a token number. Immediately saw my token number on the screen and proceeded for the 'A' area - where they check your documents and verify with originals. Here they click your picture (that goes in your new passport) as well. If your documents are in order, you will be required to proceed to area 'B', where they will check the documents again (unnecessary IMHO). After this you will need to be in area 'C' where they will stamp your current passport as "Cancelled and returned".
And finally you will have to go to a window right at the exit where they will give you an acknowledgement receipt of acceptance of the application.

The key is be ready with all the documents. Its not a rocket science and can be pretty easy if you refer to this link: https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in...mentAdvisorInp (you might have to log in to access)

This whole process took roughly 75 mins for me. I was out of PSK by 10:45AM

The best part is that yesterday itself at around 3:30 PM, I got an SMS stating that my passport has been dispatched though speedpost"

This was unbelievable for me. I couldn't have imagined ever that this whole process could be so easy, smooth and trouble-free. And that too without any agent/middleman!

Kudos to MEA for making this so efficient and friendly. Can't be better. This is called as they say "Happy Next"

Cheers!
Old 19th May 2015, 16:14   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a court order is ONLY required if your date of birth is 2 years off and if your place of birth is a different state or country. Has anyone faced issue in changing place of birth or date without court order?
Attached Thumbnails
Passport Renewal Procedure-untitled.jpg  

Old 19th May 2015, 19:32   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On Waseem's advice, I'm pursuing the option of getting her SBI account transferred to Bangalore and using a running account statement for proof along with my documents to support. Worst case, I'll have her apply at her native if Bangalore PSK refuses to budge.
There is no way that they will deny a Nationalized Bank's Account as address proof.This method has helped at least 50 odd people that i know of.

Waseem.....
Old 9th July 2015, 11:04   #1871
BHPian

Now it is not just nationalized banks, in Hyderabad they are accepting address proof of even private banks as well. List of banks is there on the website.

The only requirement is statement should be more than a year on the photo passbook.

Recently we had 4 passports reissued in the family. In all of them there was no police verification. Passports were delivered in 2-5 days time. Address proofs given were Aadhar card and passbooks of private banks.
Old 9th July 2015, 11:39   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
This was unbelievable for me. I couldn't have imagined ever that this whole process could be so easy, smooth and trouble-free. And that too without any agent/middleman!
"Picture abhi baki hai dost!!" (I.e. Not done yet).

That is if the acknowledgement slip mentions "Post Verification". Mumbai police has its own process that is more stringent and "pain in the neck" than PSK.
Old 9th July 2015, 14:38   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
"Picture abhi baki hai dost!!" (I.e. Not done yet).

That is if the acknowledgement slip mentions "Post Verification". Mumbai police has its own process that is more stringent and "pain in the neck" than PSK.
Yes, that was a big pain. It is a big let down. Took me whole day to get through that verification. But I guess it would have been same, even if I had gone through a middleman.
Old 13th July 2015, 08:03   #1874
Senior - BHPian

Police verification for passports to now go online. http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Poli...w/48047091.cms
Old 13th July 2015, 14:55   #1875
BHPian

Guys

Is passport renewal to be done by filling details on 'Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport'???

Please confirm as my passport expires on 25th Jan 2016

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks