Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 21:53   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

My wife's surname is different in my employers identity certificate (now required for PSU employees and families). Will this create a problem when I apply for her passport renewal. The passport expired a couple of years ago.

Experts, kindly advise.
Old 30th October 2015, 13:30   #1892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
My wife's surname is different in my employers identity certificate (now required for PSU employees and families). Will this create a problem when I apply for her passport renewal. The passport expired a couple of years ago.

Experts, kindly advise.
Please refer to the attached pic and the below mentioned link.Nowhere it is mentioned that IC is compulsory for families.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...ct/pdf/NOC.pdf

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Passport Renewal Procedure-pp.png  

Old 6th November 2015, 22:55   #1893
BHPian

Is a passport renewal / reissue to be done from the same regional office which issued it?
Old 7th November 2015, 13:54   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Is a passport renewal / reissue to be done from the same regional office which issued it?
No, there is no such restriction.
Old 8th November 2015, 23:07   #1895
BHPian

My passport will expire in March 2016. I have been postponing the renewal having heard that Indian biometric/e-passports will be introduced in 2016. but when is a big mystery. The last update in the media was quite sometime ago. Anybody here heard anything lately about it?
Old 8th November 2015, 23:48   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Suggest you get it renewed now. Whenever a biometric based passport is launched you could always switch to it. No point being without a valid passport just waiting for something.
Old 11th November 2015, 01:52   #1897
Senior - BHPian

All hand written Passports will be invalid after 24th November 2015.

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/h...if?language=en

Waseem.....
Old 8th December 2015, 15:55   #1898
BHPian

Hi,

My wife and daughter (infant) applied for the passport wherein both mentioned permanent address same as the current address in Mumbai which is a rented one. We received passport for my daughter (police verification was waived for her). However, it was stipulated for my wife. We went to the police station for the same wherein the dealing person said why permanent address is not mentioned since we are staying at rented premises. We explained to him that the permanent address mentioned in my wife's previous passport was a Central Govt. provided residence to her father who has since retired from service and is not living there anymore. Also, since my wife is living with me in Mumbai since last many years, she can not give address where her parents are staying now and she also doesn't have any residence proof for their new address. However, the Police person sent the report with remarks that "Permanent address not mentioned". Based on the same, passport office status page now states that Police verification report is not clear and is under review. Need help in solving this issue?

There was also a SCN issued with issue date of 19 Nov 2015 but the status is saying "Pending dispatch from PO" even today. Any ideas how to approach passport office to send that SCN and how to reply to that SCN?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 9th December 2015, 08:42   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Hi,

There was also a SCN issued with issue date of 19 Nov 2015 but the status is saying "Pending dispatch from PO" even today. Any ideas how to approach passport office to send that SCN and how to reply to that SCN?

Thanks in advance for the help.
What is SCN.?

Waseem.....
Old 9th December 2015, 10:52   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
What is SCN.?

Waseem.....

Show cause notice.

I have had my rented apartment as permanent address and never been asked a question about it. Not sure why this is being made out as an issue in your case. Do you have sufficient address proof documents like telephone bill, bank statement, aadhar, etc.?
Old 9th December 2015, 13:49   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Show cause notice.

I have had my rented apartment as permanent address and never been asked a question about it. Not sure why this is being made out as an issue in your case. Do you have sufficient address proof documents like telephone bill, bank statement, aadhar, etc.?
Yes. Submitted MTNL Landline Bills, Aadhar, Registered Rent Agreement of 2 years, Bank Passbook etc. but Still... I guess the requirement of documents and interpretation of policies is dynamic and is dependent on person handling your verification. This has been our second encounter with the bureaucracy, first they entered wrong address in birth record of our daughter which took 4 visits to Municipal office to get corrected and now this permanent/present address thing on which we don't know how many days will get wasted. Of all the taxes that we pay, this is the treatment we get
Old 17th December 2015, 20:17   #1902
BHPian

Hello Members!

Request your guidance on my spouse's and my passport renewal.

My wife's passport - Expired in October 2015

My passport - Expires in November 2016, but I want to get it renewed in January 2016 (as I am visiting my hometown during this period) since I won't be able to travel starting March 2016 (6 months' ceiling)

My wife's passport was issued before her marriage - so she needs to change her Given Name as well as Permanent Address

Her Passport was issued from Ahmedabad and mine from Baroda.

I am residing in Bangalore since Dec 2006 and my wife since Dec 2009.

We do not have a permanent address in Bangalore yet, and we just shifted to a new apartment on October 1, 2015. The place before that, we stayed for almost 4 years.

I have a BSNL Landline Bill for my existing address in Bangalore as well for the one where we stayed for almost 4 years.

We hold a joint account in State Bank of Travancore in Bangalore, where in the address on the passbook still reflects our last address (the place where we stayed for about 4 years). We did provide an application to change the address, and it has been changed in the Bank Records, but the passbook being an year old, still carries the old address.

Both of us would like to renew our passports with our Permanent address in Gujarat, since, as I mentioned earlier, we do not own a house here, and any change in rented property in future will only render the passport useless as far as address proof is concerned.

My B1/B2 Visa expires in 2017 as well, and I don't see myself buying a property by that time in Bangalore, so Permanent Address makes more sense to me.

For permanent address I have -

1) My existing passport
2) Aadhar Card
3) Voter id card

My Wife has -

1) Marriage Certificate
2) My passport that should facilitate her Address Change
3) Aadhar Card showing her post-marriage address (My place in Baroda)

What are your suggestions as far as continuing with permanent address is concerned?

I came across information that states - One should be staying at rented premises for at least an year for the address proof to be valid - however, we are staying at the current premises since 75 days only. Moreover, I want to go for permanent address since that is more stable at the moment.

My concern is - Will my wife or I be asked about our Employment location by the Passport Office personnel or during Police Verification? There is a chance they may ask this to the references we provide as well.

Obviously, I do not want to hide any facts, but rented address being dynamic, I don't want my passport to just be a paperweight!

My wife would be renewing her passport next week as she is already in Gujarat.

I would be doing this by January 31.

Awaiting your inputs and thanks!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 17th December 2015 at 20:20.
Old 17th December 2015, 20:57   #1903
Senior - BHPian

The FAQ says only present address and not permanent address will be endorsed on the passport. Still, it is no use at all getting a passport on your bangalore address if you plan to quit it shortly and if you have been there for a very short time as it is.

One thing - very significant - if you don't have anybody at that address (eg: it is rented out or similar) the postman may refuse to give it to you, and police verification might fail.

If it is your father etc you can leave an authority letter and copy of your passport there.

Anyway - As your passport / aadhaar / voter ID are all in Baroda, I would suggest that you try to get your passport there itself. That will mean traveling to baroda and being there for some amount of time so you are around for the police verification. Just make sure that you and your wife have sufficient amounts of ID proof that is all local to baroda and specific to the address that youg ive.
Old 5th January 2016, 17:21   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Hello Members!

Request your guidance on my spouse's and my passport renewal.

Awaiting your inputs and thanks!
Not sure if my inputs are relevant now considering that your wife may have already submitted the application. I recently underwent renewal of my wife's passport with changed name and new address. Considering my experience, the best approach would be:

1. You apply for your passport first with your permanent address which should be same as the address on your existing passport. Get your wife name endorsed in the passport (post marriage/changed name and not the original name). Provide marriage certificate as well as the joint affidavit for change of name of your wife (make two copies-one for your wife's application as well). If there is no address change, chances are that you may be exempted from police verification

2. Once you get your passport renewed, apply for your wife passport and give your passport as address proof, your wife's Aadhar card as identity/address proof (hope she has changed the name on Aadhar card, otherwise get it done and print Aadhar Letter online). Also get Pan card name changed for your wife using your passport and your wife's Aadhar card. Considering that She is changing both name and address (and also has an expired passport), there are high chances of Police verification being mandatory for her. So have couple of good references ready.

All the best and let us know your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Show cause notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
What is SCN.?

Waseem.....
Waseem/reverse_gear: I managed to get the passport renewed for my wife. Since SCN was not dispatched by passport office, I called them up and asked what's there in the SCN. They told me that police report states permanent address is not mentioned in the application. On asking what would be the solution, they asked to send an email explaining why permanent address was not mentioned and what should be the permanent address. I did that and followed up again after two weeks. They again asked to re-send the email which I did and VOILA, we received the passport in another one week. to MEA for saving our time in visiting passport office and chasing the Babus.
Old 5th January 2016, 19:33   #1905
BHPian

Hello,

I am currently staying in a rented accommodation (for past 6 years) and need to get my passport renewed (it had expired, more than 3 years since expiry).

Even if I mention permanent address in application, it would not be mentioned on the passport. Is there any risk/challenge in getting a passport made at an address from which we may move in the future (maybe a few months / year) except that it would not work as an address proof going forward.

Please advice.

Regards,
S

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks