Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2017, 11:25   #2266
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

I had to renew my daughter's passport here in Australia.
Process involved the usual address proof, photo to be provided, as well as attested copies of both parents passports to be provided.

I had the option to either send these via courier to the Indian embassy in Canberra or walk into the VFS centre in my city with a prior appointment. I did the latter, and also got the passport pic for my daughter taken at the same venue. In addition, I got my daughter's address updated with the current Australian address, for which i had to provide an attested utility bill copy.

Process was extremely quick and we were done in about 10 mins, without any wait at all. The new passport was sent to us along with the old one via registered mail. Stated time was 3-5 weeks, but we got the new passport in 2 weeks flat.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th March 2017 at 11:26.
Old 12th March 2017, 19:20   #2267
BHPian

I find myself in a tricky situation because of a mistake I made when filling up the passport application. I said that I have been living at my permanent address for the past 1 year, but in reality I have my office in Pune, where I used to stay for a few days every week. I told this during the police verification, because of which they have sent my file to the RPO with the police verification as 'not clear'. From what I understand, I will have to pay a fine at the RPO for suppression of information, which I have no issue with as I am on the wrong side. However, will they revoke this passport and make me apply for a new one once I pay the fine? If not, what is the procedure in my case?
Old 19th March 2017, 17:41   #2268
Team-BHP Support

My wife has applied for passport renewal. The only address proof we have with our present address is the BSNL bill. However, it only has my name. Can she use it as address proof? Her current passport does have my name in it, and our old addresses match.

Last edited by Samurai : 19th March 2017 at 17:46.
Old 19th March 2017, 19:54   #2269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My wife has applied for passport renewal. The only address proof we have with our present address is the BSNL bill. However, it only has my name. Can she use it as address proof? Her current passport does have my name in it, and our old addresses match.
What about your passport? Does it have the current address. As per the passport site, if your passport has the correct address & your passport reflects her as your spouse, then your passport can be address proof for her.

My sister is also in a similar situation. I wrote to the passport site for clarification if just her husband's passport is enough proof - but they answered query after 20 days & said that please check the passport site for documentation requirements.

Anyway, please update her as to what worked.
Old 19th March 2017, 23:08   #2270
BHPian

Quote:
That may not be enough (or for that matter marriage certificate + your address proof). She will need an address proof of her own. Easiest to get is a nationalized bank passbook / statement of her account with the new address.

I faced the same issue. I was told to get my passport renewed with the new address and then use that for my wife. I did that. The whole process did not take more than 2 months (mine + wife's renewal).

But it is best to call up the passport call center and confirm the requirement. They are quite helpful over the phone.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:47   #2271
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I faced the same issue. I was told to get my passport renewed with the new address and then use that for my wife. I did that. The whole process did not take more than 2 months (mine + wife's renewal).
So the only address proof your wife used was your passport? Or did she also need any other address proof to supplement that?
Old 20th March 2017, 10:24   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
So the only address proof your wife used was your passport? Or did she also need any other address proof to supplement that?
This was in 2014. But AFAIR, yes, apart from the marriage certificate.

Address proof for my application: BSNL bills for last one year.
Address proof for my wife's application: my passport after renewal.
Old 20th March 2017, 10:39   #2273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What about your passport? Does it have the current address. As per the passport site, if your passport has the correct address & your passport reflects her as your spouse, then your passport can be address proof for her.
Both our passports have our permanent address in Manipal. But my wife lives in Bangalore since 7 years because of our son's treatment. I spend 50% time of my time in both homes. All her address proofs are showing permanent address. But the passport office wants proof for current temporary address, for which we only have BSNL bill in my name, and her HDFC statement. She has decided to go ahead anyway. The interview is this week, and we can't do anything else.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:28   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Do you have any kind of address at Pune or are you staying at a company guest house or hotel?

If you don't have any address at Pune you are going there on business trips that is all. That is no concern of the police or passport office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I find myself in a tricky situation because of a mistake I made when filling up the passport application. I said that I have been living at my permanent address for the past 1 year, but in reality I have my office in Pune, where I used to stay for a few days every week. I told this during the police verification, because of which they have sent my file to the RPO with the police verification as 'not clear'. From what I understand, I will have to pay a fine at the RPO for suppression of information, which I have no issue with as I am on the wrong side. However, will they revoke this passport and make me apply for a new one once I pay the fine? If not, what is the procedure in my case?
Old 20th March 2017, 12:32   #2275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and her HDFC statement..
The passport office rejected a HDFC statement when we used it for my wife's passport.
We then had her Indian Bank passbook updated and they accepted it.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:42   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The passport office rejected a HDFC statement when we used it for my wife's passport.
We then had her Indian Bank passbook updated and they accepted it.
I think bank statement is not acceptable but bank passbook (private banks or PSU banks both) with stamped photograph is. I had submitted ICICI bank passbook and it was accepted as address proof. Here's a link to official circular:
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin..._Add_Proof.pdf
Old 20th March 2017, 13:22   #2277
BANNED

Let is take a slightly different view. At every stage they are trying to simplify procedures and make getting a PP as transparent as possible. Now the biggest key to unlocking things is the Aadhar card. Except for proof of citizenship it covers all other angles.
Old 20th March 2017, 13:25   #2278
Team-BHP Support

Aadhar card accepts any bank statement as address proof. So we have submitted that as address proof to change it on aadhar card. If it works, then we are good.
Old 20th March 2017, 14:39   #2279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
I think bank statement is not acceptable but bank passbook (private banks or PSU banks both) with stamped photograph is. I had submitted ICICI bank passbook and it was accepted as address proof. Here's a link to official circular:
Did you directly submit the passbook or did you have to take a photocopy of the passbook to submit along with taking the passbook for verification?
Old 20th March 2017, 14:49   #2280
BHPian

Quote:
Did you directly submit the passbook or did you have to take a photocopy of the passbook to submit along with taking the passbook for verification?
Photocopy of passbook was required to be submitted and original was checked for verification by both TCS staff and government official.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks