Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2017, 21:52   #2311
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I don't think that happens frequently. One proof of identity & One proof address is all you need. The address proof needs to prove you have spent one year at that address otherwise you will need address proof for your previous address also.
I had the following:

For reissue passport of my wife with no changes: The document advisor says self attested copies of current passport and ECNR proof are required. But what was asked for at the PSK were: Spouse's self attested copy of passport, electricity/telephone bill to show the current address is the same as that printed in the passport.

For reissue passport of my minor daughter with no changes: The document advisor says attested copies (by both parents) of passport, Annexure H. But what was asked for at the PSK wereattested copies of both parents, electricity/telephone bill to show parent's current address.

The bottom line is: Be prepared to submit two different documents each for identity and address (as a back up) although there might be no changes. The least that one would like is get turned away and asked to come the next day.

Last edited by ampere : 16th September 2017 at 22:44.
Old 16th September 2017, 21:55   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
There have been quite a few changes in the application process off late.

1. ........
8. Aadhaar mandatory.

Are you quite sure that Aadhaar is mandatory?

I had visited the Passport Seva website a couple of days ago to download the form to renew my wife's passport and it didn't appear to be mandatory. At least there was no asterisk against the Aadhaar No. to indicate that the it is mandatory to fill the field.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...oadEFormStatic
Old 16th September 2017, 22:44   #2313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
You can apply within the last year of the passport's validity.

Procedure is pretty simple with everything (fee payment, appointments, documents advisory etc.) moved online. Staff is usually professional and helpful on-site, plus the phone helpline answers questions clearly.

My renewal was done within 2 weeks in 2015 and wife's new passport done within 10 days in 2016 (including police verification, passport itself was received on the third day in both cases).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
It's altogether an optimal experience now as the process has been relatively simple after it has been outsourced to the Tata group.
To conclude, you'd just have to see what's the closest Passport Service Kendra (PSK), and pop in to get this done- you could also accompany children or Senior Citizens as well.
Thanks to you both. Now I'm really relaxed! I was worried based on my experience in 2011 when I had applied for reissue. It took nearly 3 months for the re-issued passport to reach me.
Old 30th September 2017, 15:36   #2314
BANNED

A year back, I got my renewed passport even before the passport verification was done. I got my passport within 3-4 days of applying.

Now for a friend, it's been 2.5 weeks after applying & 1 week after police verification is done but the status still shows police verification pending and he hasn't got his renewed passport. Same city as me (Bombay), same PSK (Andheri) and same police station.

What's changed? Why did they start waiting for police verification before mailing your passport? Also how many days does it take for the police to inform the PSK that verification is done?

Last edited by carboy : 30th September 2017 at 15:37.
Old 30th September 2017, 17:26   #2315
BANNED

@carboy; I think the process has become faster. By the looks of it, your friend's police verification has fallen into the crack. Give it another couple of weeks.
Old 30th September 2017, 17:30   #2316
BHPian

I was just wondering, considering that everyone wouldn't be having his own house or either dad/mom's house and landlord doesn't want to allow in his house address, what happens then??
Old 30th September 2017, 18:01   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
A year back, I got my renewed passport even before the passport verification was done. I got my passport within 3-4 days of applying.

Now for a friend, it's been 2.5 weeks after applying & 1 week after police verification is done but the status still shows police verification pending and he hasn't got his renewed passport. Same city as me (Bombay), same PSK (Andheri) and same police station.

What's changed? Why did they start waiting for police verification before mailing your passport? Also how many days does it take for the police to inform the PSK that verification is done?

I think those applications which are supported by Aadhar are processed faster. At least you this is what is mention in the Passport Seva site. I have renewed my parents passport a few months back and took just 2 weeks. Even my daughter's fresh was issued within the same duration.
Old 30th September 2017, 18:04   #2318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
I think those applications which are supported by Aadhar are processed faster.

Was the opposite actually. Mine was without Aadhaar. My friend's was with Aadhaar.
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:43   #2319
BHPian

Need a small help from people here. My mother stays with me and needs to update the address in her passport to my address. She doesnt have any government document/proof of this address. Any suggestions on how to go about this?
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:23   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Need a small help from people here. My mother stays with me and needs to update the address in her passport to my address. She doesnt have any government document/proof of this address. Any suggestions on how to go about this?
Does your passport contains your mother's name and your current address? Then you can submit that as an address proof, it should be acceptable.

Alternatively you can apply for Aadhaar card for your mother if she does not have it already. Wait till you get the E-Aadhaar and then apply. It is a long process though.
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:26   #2321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of the proof of address items in the instruction booklet on the PP website is this:

Passport Renewal Procedure-proof.jpg

If you can portray that your mother is staying as a tenant at your address with a valid and registered rent agreement, that might be one option that could be used. But bear in mind that police verification does take place for only address change applications too, even if it is not a fresh/reissue of PP case.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:54   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
Does your passport contains your mother's name and your current address? Then you can submit that as an address proof, it should be acceptable..
No, my passport doesnt have her name in it

Quote:
Alternatively you can apply for Aadhaar card for your mother if she does not have it already.
She has an Aadhaar but it has another address. Even to change it in the Aadhar I would need some address proof and that is what I have been looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
One of the proof of address items in the instruction booklet on the PP website is this:

If you can portray that your mother is staying as a tenant at your address with a valid and registered rent agreement, that might be one option that could be used. But bear in mind that police verification does take place for only address change applications too, even if it is not a fresh/reissue of PP case.
Police verification is fine because she is actually staying with me. Unfortunately we dont have a rent agreement because I too reside at the same address.

Can a joint account passbook work as an address proof?
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:08   #2323
BANNED

Quote:
Does your passport contains your mother's name and your current address? Then you can submit that as an address proof, it should be acceptable.
I don't think so. That is only valid for spouse.
Old 3rd October 2017, 16:06   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think so. That is only valid for spouse.
Quote:
Senior Citizens can be issued a passport on post police verification basis if they submit copy of child's (Age greater than 18) passport, who is staying abroad (with page having parent's name) as an additional document along with their application form.
The above text is what I got from the PSK website. Though the above is a different case where the child is staying abroad but along with additional documents (phone bill, rent agreement) this should be an acceptable address proof is what I believe.

Quote:
Can a joint account passbook work as an address proof?
Yes, joint account passbook should be acceptable if they are from the specified list of banks mentioned on the PSK website, you need to take a copy of the page and have to get a seal from the bank on it. Along with that you may need one additional address proof as well.

My wife submitted the joint account passbook with bank seal along with mobile postpaid bills (with telecom company seal) for the last one year. This was in Bangalore PSK.

Last edited by jayantvs : 3rd October 2017 at 16:14.
Old 3rd October 2017, 17:04   #2325
BANNED

Quote:
The above text is what I got from the PSK website. Though the above is a different case where the child is staying abroad but along with additional documents (phone bill, rent agreement) this should be an acceptable address proof is what I believe.
Even for the child abroad case, this is an additional document - not a substitute for Proof of Address

https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in...entAdvFreshInp

That said, I have no idea what's the point of an additional document.

Last edited by carboy : 3rd October 2017 at 17:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks