Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2018, 14:54   #2506
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
My landlord isn't interested in giving an noc.
Why do you need landlord's NOC for a passport?
Old 13th August 2018, 17:34   #2507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I think if your address remains the same for passport renewal then they waive it.
Well, not entirely. The cops will not need to come to your house to verify the address if you are not changing it on the new passport, but you will still need to go to the station and show your documents as a part of police verification.

I had to do this recently when renewing my passport. I am at the same address as the old passport, so I thought there will be no need for the police step, but I got a message asking me to visit the station with all documents. Did that and in a week got a message saying the police had given a 'clear' status and the passport was going for printing.

The whole process is very efficient in Bangalore. Apply for an appointment online, show up on time, move through the process between different counters inside the passport kendra and everything else is notified through SMS. Big and positive change from the last time I renewed my passport in 2008.
Old 13th August 2018, 17:54   #2508
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
The cops will not need to come to your house to verify the address if you are not changing it on the new passport, but you will still need to go to the station and show your documents as a part of police verification.
The whole process is very efficient in Bangalore.
Not always. When I renewed last time, I received the new passport in about 2 days flat, no police verification/call from station, etc. I guess the cops make that decision based on the data they have in their system (not all police stations had decent IT infrastructure about 10 years ago) .

True that. I received my new passport in 2 days!

Last edited by NPV : 13th August 2018 at 17:55.
Old 13th August 2018, 18:59   #2509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
When I renewed last time, I received the new passport in about 2 days flat...I guess the cops make that decision based on the data they have in their system
Two days is amazing!

I guess it varies then. In my case, I'm pretty sure it was the passport officer at the last counter I was at in the Passport office and not the cops who made the decision about police verification, I saw the option being indicated while at that counter.
Old 14th August 2018, 16:09   #2510
BHPian

I went for my passport renewal today at Lalbagh road PSK today, my appointment was at 8:30AM, the counter for giving tokens / collecting documents for preliminary verification did not open till 9:30AM post which they took documents and made me wait for 1 hour to give token. Moving to counter A took 1 hour and another 1 hour to B & C. It was relatively quick between B & C. I carried the below documents

1) Original voter card , 2 x photocopies.
2) Certified marriage certificate.
3) Existing passport , 2 x photocopies.

I was granted the passport without police verification, got message an hour back that the passport is printed and due dispatch. The new office / procedure is good when compared to 10 years ago but still has to be improved.

Last edited by mjumrani : 14th August 2018 at 16:11. Reason: Typo.
Old 14th August 2018, 19:27   #2511
Senior - BHPian

I applied for my passport renewal in gurgaon, at a new address. Filled the online form and took the appointment after the payment of 1500 as the fee. I was there dot on time for the appointment with my address proof and Adhar card and Pan card. The entire process across all counters took 10 mins and I was in and out of the center in a total of 15 mins.
Had paid for the SMS udpate service and got a SMS in a couple of days that I needed to go for the Police verification at the police station i had chosen.
I got a call from the police station to come with 2 self attested copies of the adhar card from folks who knew me and had a gurgaon address on the adhar cards, and a copy of my adhar card, self attested.
Went in, gave the docs, the verification officer had a tablet he used to click my photo and we were done.
Then 3 days later i got another sms that my passport was sent for printing.
I am super impressed by the efficiency in the system now.
Old 14th August 2018, 21:23   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Why do you need landlord's NOC for a passport?
That's the problem. The SP office, for their own convenience, I presume, ask for it. It's unfair. I think the only step ahead is to go to court about it but would need legal advice about how long it would take etc. It's a bad world....
Old 22nd August 2018, 23:58   #2513
BHPian

Hello,

Am going for the re-issue of my mother's passport tomorrow (expired more than 3 years ago). Have all the necessary documents but have not made photocopies since got to know that the folks at PSK scan the documents and print their own copies.

Is that correct or should we be carrying photocopies as well (which would mean an early morning trip to the friendly neighbourhood photocopy shop).

Please advise.

Thanks,
S
Old 23rd August 2018, 00:22   #2514
BHPian

PSK scans the photocopies and do not print the same. You have to carry original and 2 photocopies of all documents.
Old 23rd August 2018, 07:32   #2515
BHPian

Does anybody know the name change procedure? My wife's name need to be changed with mine as the middle name and surname. I am from Mumbai. Google states a lot different process which I guess is outdated.
Old 23rd August 2018, 08:54   #2516
BHPian

There procedure I had followed was notarised affidavit stating name change and advertisement of the name change in 1 engglish and 1 local new paper. I had to submit the original affidavit and both the original news papers to PSK.

PSK used to have a specific format to be followed for the affidavit which I am unable to find now in their website. I had got the name change done in generic name change affidavit which my lawyer advised and PSK didn't allow it, so had to re do the entire process, this was 10 years ago.

Last edited by mjumrani : 23rd August 2018 at 08:55. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:15   #2517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Does anybody know the name change procedure? My wife's name need to be changed with mine as the middle name and surname. I am from Mumbai. Google states a lot different process which I guess is outdated.
From https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in...icesAvailable:

Q29: I recently got married/divorced. How do I change my name on my passport?
A: To change the name in the passport, you have to apply for a "Re-issue" of passport and get the specified change done in the personal particulars. To check the complete list of documents to be submitted along with the application form, please click on "Documents Required" link on Home page.

However, unless there is a compelling reason, I would recommend keeping it as it is, and getting the name change done when it's time to re-issue her passport.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 23rd August 2018 at 09:17.
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:23   #2518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Please follow the steps mentioned in the passport office website. It is quite explanatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
However, unless there is a compelling reason, I would recommend keeping it as it is, and getting the name change done when it's time to re-issue her passport.
I agree with this suggestion. In our case, we waited for address change and name change till the time of passport expiry. We had the official marriage certificate handy whenever required as a supporting document. You may want to check what other documents can help you till your wife's passport is due to be renewed. Flight tickets anyway need to be booked using name as on passport.
Old 23rd August 2018, 10:11   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Please follow the steps mentioned in the passport office website. It is quite explanatory.

I agree with this suggestion. In our case, we waited for address change and name change till the time of passport expiry. We had the official marriage certificate handy whenever required as a supporting document. You may want to check what other documents can help you till your wife's passport is due to be renewed. Flight tickets anyway need to be booked using name as on passport.
Ok. They need a gazette notary etc. I meant if there is a process where one can change his/her name in all like Aadhar card, pan card, passport and any other government documents.
Old 25th December 2018, 21:36   #2520
BANNED

According to latest rules, Is adhaar card would be enough for dob change ? so they still demand 10th certificate ?
My passport got bend but its intact so i'm thinking to re-issue it but if I select reason being damaged as a reason for re-issue it asks for 3000 fee, If I select reason as Others, it asks for 1500 fee. which reason should I select ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks