Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2019, 16:33   #2536
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
They should have subscribed for the SMS at the desk A where they were fleeced for the cover.
Which they have Uday. The only update was soon after the acknowledgement was generated at the PSK itself. After that no updates.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:03   #2537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Is again long indeed.

You may want to call the passport helpline as the_skyliner advises.
So I called up the helpline and got through after a few attempts. The polite gentleman provided two numbers of RPO Delhi and advised the timing. As feared, upon dialing these numbers I time- traveled to 90s and kept on hearing the agonizing long beeps (engaged tone) during the 3 hours in which I was supposed to call.

Frustrated, I filed the RTI a few days ago and yet to see any traction.

I'd heard a lot of appreciation for MEA in this regard but it's still the same inefficient state of affairs.

Last edited by wangdu : 23rd January 2019 at 11:04. Reason: typo
Old 23rd January 2019, 13:38   #2538
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
My parents visited the one of the PSKs at Bangalore as per appointment on 1st of Jan this year. It was for renewal of their passports with change in address.
Very surprising. I had my appointment on 16-Jan and there is change of address as well but got an update yesterday that it was sent for printing after police verification was completed on the 19th.

File an RTI, costs about Rs. 11. We saw things move really fast on my wife's passport application once the RTI was filed.

Quote:
Another thing. At the PSK, both my parents were insisted to buy the hard cover for the passport, costing 500 INR and when I told my parents that they were fleeced, they said the person at the desk said it is now compulsory!!!
Nope; they've been fleeced. I was asked if I wanted the cover at Counter A and when I said no, I was just reminded that I won't get the opportunity to opt for it again. But nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by get2bid View Post
Only marriage certificate is required to get the name changed or get spouse name added in your passport. Nothing else is required.
I got my wife's name added to my passport; they didn't check nor collect a copy of the marriage certificate.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 23rd January 2019 at 13:39.
Old 24th January 2019, 09:21   #2539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Very surprising. I had my appointment on 16-Jan and there is change of address as well but got an update yesterday that it was sent for printing after police verification was completed on the 19th.
Exactly why I am surprised with the delay, that too for both the passports. My Tatkal renewal happened in under 3 working days, for the same reason - Renewal with change of address and that too with 2 addresses in last 12 months and hence police verification at 2 stations. However, 24 days since the appointment and there has been no change in status at all even for normal renewal seems just not right.

I even got an email regarding the police verification post delivery of the passport (as it was Tatkal) and everything was quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Frustrated, I filed the RTI a few days ago and yet to see any traction.
Quote:
File an RTI, costs about Rs. 11. We saw things move really fast on my wife's passport application once the RTI was filed.
Thank you guys! I just filed the RTI for both the applications. Let me see how things move, or for that matter if there is a change in status at all.

In fact, last Friday I logged in, went to the section where you lodge a grievance and submitted my query too and absolutely nothing happened after that.
Quote:
Nope; they've been fleeced. I was asked if I wanted the cover at Counter A
Indeed they were, like I mentioned strange are the ways to con victims at the passport office too. Simply not done!! I would have instead spent little more and changed normal application to tatkal instead .

The best part was since my email was given for both the forms when applying online (Phone numbers were of my parents'), I received 2 emails in 2 days after the appointment and I was amused that things were super quick even with normal renewals but the excitement settled down soon after I realised that these were dispatch status of the passport covers .

Passport Renewal Procedure-email.jpg
Old 26th January 2019, 12:09   #2540
BANNED

By and large opting for information helps. My wife's passport did get stuck since she did not visit Counter C (was never asked to!). So after checking we had to go again. I was never asked to visit C, B did it!
Old 28th January 2019, 09:16   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
..Frustrated, I filed the RTI a few days ago and yet to see any traction....
A week or so after the RTI, I've got notifications of police verification for kids and wife. Finally, some movement. Why do they need a wake up call?

And when I went to get the forms I was taken aback in disbelief for few moments but was pleasantly surprised by the extremely polite tone & words from policemen and that too of "rough" Haryana reputation no other. Surreal!
Old 30th January 2019, 19:25   #2542
Team-BHP Support

Just went through the renewal procedure, along with address change and addition of spouse's name.

16-Jan: Appointment. Had to go through A - B - C. They checked the original and took a photocopy of Aadhar, electricity bill, PAN card and 10th standard marksheet. Done in two hours. No one asked/checked the Marriage Certificate.

18-Jan: Got a text message for police verification
19-Jan: Police verification
28-Jan: Message that passport has been dispatched

29-Jan: Passport delivery apparently attempted as tracking status on website shows "Out of delivery" and then "Item on hold"
30-Jan: I collected it at the post office with the post woman enthusiastically asking for bakshish
Old 31st January 2019, 08:47   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I got my wife's name added to my passport; they didn't check nor collect a copy of the marriage certificate.
I remember this very well since I did not have my Marriage Certificate with me and I was asked to come back with the certificate.
I had to take another half day from work to go and submit the marriage certificate.
Looks like it is up to the whims and fancy of the person sitting at the counter.
Old 31st January 2019, 11:20   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by get2bid View Post
I remember this very well since I did not have my Marriage Certificate with me and I was asked to come back with the certificate.
I had to take another half day from work to go and submit the marriage certificate.
Looks like it is up to the whims and fancy of the person sitting at the counter.
I spoke to the passport support/call centre the other day about this, they said that now, if you are including spouse's name, you need not carry a marriage certificate.
Old 31st January 2019, 13:43   #2545
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore, Passport appointments are booked till 19th Feb for Tatkaal and 14th March for Normal. This is the longest waiting period in any large PSK in India. I intend to renew mine and my wife's already expired passports. Have tweeted to the MEA and EA Minister. Dont know if they plan to hold Melas to clear this backlog.
Old 1st February 2019, 13:54   #2546
Senior - BHPian

I need to renew my passport, spouse's and my son's. I remember filling some Annexure I or II for my son, 5 years ago. Is it still in existance? I could not find it on the website. can someone guide me?
Old 1st February 2019, 14:36   #2547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I need to renew my passport, spouse's and my son's. I remember filling some Annexure I or II for my son, 5 years ago. Is it still in existance? I could not find it on the website. can someone guide me?
Until you get a response here, you could try calling the helpline\callcentre and speak to an associate. They are very informative.
Old 1st February 2019, 16:06   #2548
R.G
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
You can try the documents advisor link to know which all documents are required

Last edited by R.G : 1st February 2019 at 16:08. Reason: format
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:30   #2549
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal - Typo in Re-issued Passport

I went for a passport renewal recently and received the new passport with incorrect address. The have mentioned the house no. as 2098 instead of 2095. Didn't know what to do immediately, so lodged a grievance on their website which is still pending. Spoke to them on the phone yesterday and got to know the next step in the process. Going to get it corrected soon, but for those who might face this issue in the future, this is what you have to do:
  • Login to your account of passport seva website
  • Select the application number listed through which you applied for renewal
  • Select "Schedule Appointment for Enquiry at Passport Office"

You now have to go to the Passport Office at which the appointment is booked. I will have to put up my case that this is a typo error on their part but will still have to deal with the questioning about delivery of passport by the postman and receipt of the same by me at wrong address. Lets see how it goes.

Will update it soon.
Old 4th February 2019, 11:14   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
In Bangalore, Passport appointments are booked till 19th Feb for Tatkaal and 14th March for Normal. This is the longest waiting period in any large PSK in India. I intend to renew mine and my wife's already expired passports. Have tweeted to the MEA and EA Minister. Dont know if they plan to hold Melas to clear this backlog.
I was applying for my renewal and saw that the dates are now 22nd Feb and 19th March for tatkal and normal process respectively. While trying to book the appointment (at 10:30 AM today), I am getting the following error "No Tatkaal appointments are available for the selected Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Please try scheduling an appointment later on 04/02/2019 04:30 PM onward".

Is this normal?

So now I'll try at 4:30 PM. I hope I am able to book it then. I was not expecting such a long wait for tatkal appointments. With a travel being planned in April that need a visa (which takes about a month for processing), this has suddenly become an urgent issue. Any suggestions regarding the appointment process?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks