Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 11:24   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Just back after enquiring about the documents required for renewal from bangalore one office. So here goes the list

5. Case your spouse name has to be included the 2 copies of attested marriage certificates.

you will need to carry all originals while submitting the form.

The charge for this is 1000 Rs and bangalore one claims that one will recieve the renewed passport in 35-40 days after the submission of the forms.
Should the marriage certificate be only that issued by the sub-registrar, or will an Arya Samaj certificate do? Coz that'll mean one more working day lost for running to the sub-registrar's office.

Prajwal
Old 1st April 2010, 12:12   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Should the marriage certificate be only that issued by the sub-registrar, or will an Arya Samaj certificate do? Coz that'll mean one more working day lost for running to the sub-registrar's office.

Prajwal
I suppose they will accept only the ones issued by the sub-registrar.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Just back after enquiring about the documents required for renewal from bangalore one office. So here goes the list

4. In case there is address change from the previous passport then
a. 1 year bank statement which has your current residence address or
b. Gas voucher + Gas bill. In case of gas voucher it needs to be attested or
c. Telephone landline bill statement

5. Case your spouse name has to be included the 2 copies of attested marriage certificates.
That was quite helpful

My wife's passport needs to be renewed and it involves address change as well spouse name inclusion. My passport has her name as Spouse Name and my passport also has our current address listed there. Can she use my passport's photocopies as proof of marriage as well as address proof?

EDIT: My passport has been issued by Bangalore RPO

Last edited by amitoj : 1st April 2010 at 12:25.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:30   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post

Prajwal
The Arya Samaj certificate is nothing more than a document for getting the 'proper' registration, at least since registration became mandatory a few years ago.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:35   #35
BANNED

If you live more than 30Km from the Passport Office, the best option is to ask a Travel Agent to do it. It's cheaper than spending on Petrol and other stuff. Plus the added headache of standing in a line. I did mine for 500 bucks.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The Arya Samaj certificate is nothing more than a document for getting the 'proper' registration, at least since registration became mandatory a few years ago.
Ah! thanks for that info....

Prajwal
Old 15th April 2010, 07:15   #37
BHPian

hi guys,
My passport expires in July. However, i am due to travel to USA for 2 months starting next week. Can anyone tell me if there is any problem? By the time i return the passport would still be valid - is it ok or should i be worried?
Old 15th April 2010, 07:54   #38
BHPian

I got my passport at Bangalore, but i am now at Kochi. is it possible to renew my passport at Kochi and get my new address added to it?
Old 15th April 2010, 07:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
hi guys,
My passport expires in July. However, i am due to travel to USA for 2 months starting next week. Can anyone tell me if there is any problem? By the time i return the passport would still be valid - is it ok or should i be worried?
I think you need to have a passport valid for 6 months for going to US. I might be wrong but check with the travel desk of your company/agent
Old 15th April 2010, 13:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsasi View Post
I think you need to have a passport valid for 6 months for going to US. I might be wrong but check with the travel desk of your company/agent
hi.. i checked with my travel desk, and they said the 6 month validity is for the VISA. As to the passport, i can travel, as long as both passport and visa are valid when i return back.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:05   #41
BHPian

Guys,

Am planning to get my passport renewed, and the admin people at work sent me various documents to read. One document for ECNR states this:

"Applicants in ECR category will have the ECR Stamp put on their passports. In case the passport booklet does not have ECR stamp, the applicant would be deemed to have been granted ECNR status. No ECNR stamp will be affixed on the passport."

1) My passport does not have ECR/ECNR stamps, Could someone please clarify if I should get the ECNR done.

TIA.
Kandan.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:42   #42
BHPian

I submitted my renewal documents on 3/23, unfortunately i entered wrong police station (Hulimaavu in stead of Mico Layout). What should be done now? Any ways of correcting it? I went to Hulimaavu station, they told me to go to Mico Layout where i went yesterday and couldn't locate my file. Any help would be really appreciated.
Old 14th May 2010, 22:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Guys,

1) My passport does not have ECR/ECNR stamps, Could someone please clarify if I should get the ECNR done.
Earlier you used to have the ECNR stamped on your passport but now it's the other way i.e.you have the ECR stamped on your passport & if you have no stamp then it means no emigration check is required.
Old 15th May 2010, 12:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsasi View Post
I got my passport at Bangalore, but i am now at Kochi. ...
You just have to give proof that you have been living at the current address for more than 1 year. Nowadays they have online access to your file even if it originated at a different city, so they will be able to get the information on the old passport online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
... couldn't locate my file. Any help would be really appreciated.
Go the Asstt. Commissioners office on Infantry Road - you will be able to trace out from there. That is the distribution hub. A smile and a "swalpa help maadi sir" facilitates the process.
Old 15th May 2010, 14:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Earlier you used to have the ECNR stamped on your passport but now it's the other way i.e.you have the ECR stamped on your passport & if you have no stamp then it means no emigration check is required.
Thanks for the clarification, Rishab.

Most Viewed