Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 16:21   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
....Is there any other way of tracking the file?...... But, this time I don't know what's wrong.
The only action I can think about is contacting the regional passport office and explaining the situation. Although majority of the process is systematic, its better to be on the safe side. This site has many helpful links RPO : Home Page
Old 14th November 2011, 16:33   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Benny, probably you are not lucky enough
My wife got the re-issue done in 10 days flat in the normal mode itself. She used the PSK official site for the entire thing. Never uploaded any documents online. Got the appointment on 1st November 10.30am slot (10am reporting) and the passport is home yesterday 10th. Her expired passport had Mumbai address and issued there in the old name (surname difference pre-wedding). So, in brief it was re-issue with name change and address change all in 10 days.
e.
I am in a similar situation. My Wife's passport expired in July 2011, with her Indore address. I am in bangalore for the past 3 years and my passport has Mumbai address. I wanted to get my wife's passport renewed with the Bangalore address.(Im staying in a rented premise). My wife is a homemaker, hence rental agreement carries my name. She cannot get a HR letter. What address proofs did you submit?
Old 14th November 2011, 16:50   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I am in a similar situation......What address proofs did you submit?
Both our situations are very different. Ours is a permanent address of Bangalore as we own the house, mine was done in 2010, so that might have avoided the address verification in wife's reissue process as my PP copies were added to her documents, her name appears in the Spouse column too. House is her asset, therefore BESCOM bill also has her full name.

They dont value anything other than government or partially govt documents. That avoids all the mobile bills (except BSNL), bank statements (except nationalized) and similar docs. Personally I would not prefer a rented house address to appear on my 10 year valid passport if given a choice. Only reason is our tendency to move to a better home every 2 or 3 years.

Does she hold any bank accounts here ? A letter from the Bank stating your address in their record is a valid address proof. I had used AXIS bank letter for my need last year. Ration card, LPG Bill, any of that ? You can check the passport website for detailed list of accepted docs.
Old 15th November 2011, 12:00   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I am in a similar situation. My Wife's passport expired in July 2011, with her Indore address. I am in bangalore for the past 3 years and my passport has Mumbai address. I wanted to get my wife's passport renewed with the Bangalore address.(Im staying in a rented premise). My wife is a homemaker, hence rental agreement carries my name. She cannot get a HR letter. What address proofs did you submit?
I guess she should have a LPG gas connection document. This one is more than enough. Additional docs like bank statement for the previous one year is also good.

P.S. I submitted ONLY the LPG connection proof. And they accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
They dont value anything other than government or partially govt documents. That avoids all the mobile bills (except BSNL), bank statements (except nationalized) and similar docs.
They accept any providers telephone bills or that's what their site says. Only condition is it needs to be a Landline bill.

Last edited by mjothi : 15th November 2011 at 12:02.
Old 15th November 2011, 14:00   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I guess she should have a LPG gas connection document. This one is more than enough. Additional docs like bank statement for the previous one year is also good.

P.S. I submitted ONLY the LPG connection proof. And they accepted.

They accept any providers telephone bills or that's what their site says. Only condition is it needs to be a Landline bill.
Thanks Shaju and Mjothi. Since for a new Gas connection we require ration card (this was the procedure for the past months, may have changed now), so no gas connection in her name currently. I'll try to see if it can be done via bank statement, as landline is in my name too. :-)
Old 17th November 2011, 15:56   #471
BHPian

Quote:
@shajufx: Thanks for the response. I also think there is something fishy but, I don't know how to prove it!! I do have tracking number and I regularly check the status of my application in passport portal but, the status is same since day 1.

I police says, I have to go to them ONLY when they call. They are not entertaining me going and enquiring. Is there any other way of tracking the file?

PS: In earlier 2 occassions (fresh, renewal) I got my passport within 10-15 days. But, this time I don't know what's wrong.
I'd recommend you file an RTI application with the Regional Passport Office and enquire about your application status. If your RTI application needs to be transferred to the police department the passport office will do that for you for free. After waiting 9 months for my passport, I filed an RTI and got my passport just today so I'm speaking from experience. Let me know if you need any help with the RTI appln.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:53   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I'd recommend you file an RTI application with the Regional Passport Office and enquire about your application status. If your RTI application needs to be transferred to the police department the passport office will do that for you for free. After waiting 9 months for my passport, I filed an RTI and got my passport just today so I'm speaking from experience. Let me know if you need any help with the RTI appln.
Hmmm. . .I am not sure if I need to take that route for now. I have actually filed a grievance online and I am waiting for some kind of response from them.

But, please explain how difficult/easy is it to file an RTI application and how the passport office/police station react (hope they do not get offended and harass us even more) for the benefit of myself and other fellow t-bhpians.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:44   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm. . .I am not sure if I need to take that route for now. I have actually filed a grievance online and I am waiting for some kind of response from them.

But, please explain how difficult/easy is it to file an RTI application and how the passport office/police station react (hope they do not get offended and harass us even more) for the benefit of myself and other fellow t-bhpians.
Hi there. The online grievance is of absolutely no use. I filed that several times and nothing happened.

The RTI route is not at all a problem. This is not my first RTI and one of my previous RTI (about traffic signals) was directed to police. I was never harassed by anyone, infact, they are pretty alert and respectful when it comes to RTI applications.

With my passport RTI, I was called on the 29th day of my filing of my RTI application from the passport office from a lady who never identified herself. However, she asked a few questions about the application that took less than a minute. A few days after that I got my passport in hand.

The useless buffoon who processed (and stopped) my application previously could have just spent 30 seconds to call me and avoided me all this super extra hassle.

Again, No, there is nothing to be worried about. We are not unearthing dens of crime or corruption. We're only kicking some hard butts to make sure they do what they're being paid for. You should not have any trouble.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 20:58   #474
Senior - BHPian

Just curious - no one here seems to be raving about the OUTSOURCED Passport Seva Kendras.

The one in Gurgaon (outsourced to TCS/CMC) is brilliant. Tidy place, knowledgeable staff and manageable queues.

SUPER FAST too - gave application for renewal on Thursday - same Sunday policeman came by for verification!

Negatives:
a. They have some random BPO types logic to disallow laptops/iPads and locker/stowaway provisions are obviously not given, of course!!
b. They open at 9, but the granting officers (RPO staff) turn up only at 10. Then there can always be IT problems. So best take afternoon/post lunch slots - less queues.
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:06   #475
BHPian

Here is a thread by GTO which talks about a very efficient grievances cell handling almost all government agencies:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...me-you-do.html

Hope it helps many of us. . .

PS: I am yet to try it out myself for my passport issues.
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:10   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Just curious - no one here seems to be raving about the OUTSOURCED Passport Seva Kendras.
There are 2 PSKs in Bangalore. The one @Sai Arcade on outer ring road is very efficient and fast too. The other one near Lalbagh is heavily crowded because of it's location.

I have my reservations about what happens after you apply for re-issue of passports though
Old 23rd November 2011, 07:14   #477
Team-BHP Support

I'm surprised why Aadhar is still not being included in the list of valid documents as residence proof. For my appointment tomorrow, i am including Aadhar as well as supplementary address proof of residence. Ofcourse, it does not mention the period over which the person is staying at that address.
Old 25th November 2011, 14:53   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I'm surprised why Aadhar is still not being included in the list of valid documents as residence proof. For my appointment tomorrow, i am including Aadhar as well as supplementary address proof of residence. Ofcourse, it does not mention the period over which the person is staying at that address.
Hope everything went fine. How long did it took for you?

Btw, I am not sure if I can post my blog links here. I have penned down the process and experience of renewing my passport in Bangalore.

Travelogues

MODS: If its against forum rules, please remove.
Old 29th November 2011, 14:57   #479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Hope everything went fine. How long did it took for you?
My experience at the Passport office deserves a detailed writeup. Will get around to it soon enough.

I too require the Police Verification to be completed, and the current status reads as follows:

Quote:
Passport application has been granted on 29/11/2011. Police Verification (PV) has been initiated and a PV request has been sent to Commissioner Office, District Bangalore . Your passport will be dispatched after 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at Regional Passport Office. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.
Old 1st December 2011, 18:56   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

The one in Gurgaon (outsourced to TCS/CMC) is brilliant. Tidy place, knowledgeable staff and manageable queues.

SUPER FAST too - gave application for renewal on Thursday - same Sunday policeman came by for verification!
Applied for renewal on 3 Nov - new passport arrived on 30 Nov.

No bribes for the policemen (thanks AH?!) but the postmen still ask for bakshish!

In contrast, I applied for my son's passport on 9-Sep at the RPO in Delhi. The status is "[COLOR=navy]Police Report is clear. Application is under process.[/COLOR]" since 3 Nov but no sight of the passport!

PSKs rock!

Most Viewed