Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 15:15   #751
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Hi All,

I am trying to get an appointment. Anytime of the day, i get a message saying "Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day". Any idea at what time of the day do i need to try?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rgds
Suhas
Try booking your appointment after 6pm.

From the passportindia.gov website (only relevant for B'lore) :
Quote:
(iv) With effect from 14th January 2012, appointments are open at 6:00 PM.
Check this link for some more updates regarding Bangalore PSKs:
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...p#bangaloreRPO
Old 10th May 2012, 15:31   #752
BHPian

I think the appointment part is relaxed. At least that's what I heard in news. You can go in person without the appointment. This is after a protest from the people who said they don't get appointment easily online.
Old 11th May 2012, 11:24   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
I think the appointment part is relaxed. At least that's what I heard in news. You can go in person without the appointment. This is after a protest from the people who said they don't get appointment easily online.
This is applicable only to the RPO and not to the PSKs. You still need an appointment to visit a PSK.

Last edited by whitesquall : 11th May 2012 at 11:25.
Old 11th May 2012, 16:50   #754
BHPian

I have a few queries.
1. I need to apply for a PP for my daughter who is 4 mths old. Do I need to take her to PSK for the appointment.

2. If not reqd, what is the PP photo specification of the daughter I need to take.

3. Any other docs other than Annexure H, birth certificate of the baby and a photocopy of the PP of one of the parent.

4. I read in one of the post that we need to take a photo copy of either of the parents passport. What is this requirement for? My Passport has expired and my wife's address on PP is different from the current address.

5. My Passport has expired in Feb 2010 and there is a change in address. Can I opt for Tatkal when i go for re issue.

6. Do I need to book two slots in this case or one will suffice where I can submit both mine and the daughter's application.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by bkishore_77 : 11th May 2012 at 16:54.
Old 11th May 2012, 17:10   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
I have a few queries.
1. I need to apply for a PP for my daughter who is 4 mths old. Do I need to take her to PSK for the appointment.

2. If not reqd, what is the PP photo specification of the daughter I need to take.

3. Any other docs other than Annexure H, birth certificate of the baby and a photocopy of the PP of one of the parent.

4. I read in one of the post that we need to take a photo copy of either of the parents passport. What is this requirement for? My Passport has expired and my wife's address on PP is different from the current address.

5. My Passport has expired in Feb 2010 and there is a change in address. Can I opt for Tatkal when i go for re issue.

6. Do I need to book two slots in this case or one will suffice where I can submit both mine and the daughter's application.

Thanks in advance
Yes, you have to take your daughter to PSK for submitting the passport application. You can take appointment online, no need to go to PSK.

Keep passport size photos of your daughter.

You need to have passport photocopies of both the parents. Besides, address in baby’s passport application should reflect the address mentioned in your passport. They will not consider address mentioned in your wife’s passport (I have seen this happening for one of my relative).
Since you passport has already expired in 2010, you have to renew your passport first before applying for your daughter. Make sure spouse name mention in your passport as well as in your wife’s passport.

You can apply for renewal of passport from your present address provided you are staying at the same place from last one year. You have to give documents of your current address while submitting the application for police verification purpose.

One slot per person.
Old 11th May 2012, 17:22   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Yes, you have to take your daughter to PSK for submitting the passport application. You can take appointment online, no need to go to PSK.
One slot per person...
Thanks mate. How about applying for Tatkal for me in case of re issue having address change.
Old 11th May 2012, 17:23   #757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Hi All,

I am trying to get an appointment. Anytime of the day, i get a message saying "Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day". Any idea at what time of the day do i need to try?

Rgds
Suhas
Previously it was at 4PM that the slots are open. Had tried for some 3 days to get a slot after a week for Chennai PSK. However some TBHPian has mentioned that its now 6PM. Once you login you may be able to make that out from the message displayed. Anyway, even if you have any option to go directly without taking the appointment (which Iam not sure of) I guess its better to go with appointment since the time you will have to spend in queue without appointment will be huge.
Old 11th May 2012, 17:26   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If your passport has already expired in Feb 2010 then I guess now you will have to go for a completely new passport. It will not be a re-issue.
Old 11th May 2012, 17:54   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
If your passport has already expired in Feb 2010 then I guess now you will have to go for a completely new passport. It will not be a re-issue.
Quoting from PSK portal
"Apply for re-issue of passport

You should apply for re-issue of passport in case you want to get a new passport and that you already hold a passport. You can apply for re-issue of passport in following cases:

2.Validity Expired within 3 years/ Due to Expire
"

Since the validity of my PP expired within 3 yrs, it becomes a re issue.

I wish I could have gone for a fresh PP coz, there is one alphabet missing in my 2nd name in the expired PP. If I have to change that in the re issue I have to go to great lengths in issuing an advt in the news paper and affix different annexures.
Old 11th May 2012, 18:09   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Previously it was at 4PM that the slots are open. Had tried for some 3 days to get a slot after a week for Chennai PSK. However some TBHPian has mentioned that its now 6PM. Once you login you may be able to make that out from the message displayed. Anyway, even if you have any option to go directly without taking the appointment (which Iam not sure of) I guess its better to go with appointment since the time you will have to spend in queue without appointment will be huge.
Yes, now it is 6 pm and it gets filled within10-15 mins. There is an option of going to PSK directly. People stands in queue from 2-3 am to get token at 9 am for approaching with appointment. Why to take that hassle, login at passportindia.gov at around 5.55 pm and book an appointment after 6.

Quote:
Thanks mate. How about applying for Tatkal for me in case of re issue having address change.
Kishore you can apply for Tatkal with new address, however it requires some additional documents from gazetted officers. As Joslicx has mentioned, since your passport has already expired in 2010, I even think you have to apply for a fresh one (not sure though). Call at passport office call centre for guidance.
Old 11th May 2012, 18:24   #761
Team-BHP Support

I have been checking with the police station through a contact, and I found that my file has come. It came in just 4 weeks. Today I visited the police station, the fellow looked surprised that I knew about the arrival of the file.

He didn't accept my wife's passport as address proof, although passport office and RTO found it good enough. But he accepted voted ID and ration card as address proof, despite them having wrong addresses. He said he wants to visit my house to verify it.

Now there is a twist. I will be travelling tomorrow, and will be back only after two weeks. When I told him that, he said it is a problem. Although I was in no hurry, he said he has to process it within a week, apparently that is a deadline. I found it very curious since they would have taken months to call me if I hadn't checked with the station myself. I know couple people in my office who recently waited 3 months to receive that call from the police. Then he agreed to come and verify my home today itself. I am skeptical, it is beyond 6PM and I haven't got any call.

I am going to leave it alone. I will be come back after two weeks and check the status again.
Old 11th May 2012, 19:26   #762
BHPian

Quote:
I wish I could have gone for a fresh PP coz, there is one alphabet missing in my 2nd name in the expired PP. If I have to change that in the re issue I have to go to great lengths in issuing an advt in the news paper and affix different annexures.
Once you have had a passport, there is no concept of "fresh" or "new" passport wherein you would be able to start afresh (like update your name with different spelling etc.). Even if your passport has expired >3 years ago, your application will be processed in sync with the expired one and only a few details like address, spouse name etc. could be updated/changed. "Your name" is not one of them.

If it is just a matter of one or two letters in the name to be changed, it will be treated as a minor change, it may not be so complex if you go well prepared. For minor name changes - paper ad clippings are not required as per the PSK website. You need to have your 10th class certificate with the correct spelling though.
Old 11th May 2012, 19:38   #763
Team-BHP Support

At the police station, I have submitted two PP photos, copy of my passport, voted ID and ration card as requested. They didn't take any signatures from me on anything.

Is there anything I need to do beyond this? I will be out of town for two weeks starting tomorrow.
Old 11th May 2012, 20:14   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Is there anything I need to do beyond this?
Typically, you need to sign in 2 or 3 slots in the PV form. May be they will ask you to sign when they meet you tonight/later.
Old 12th May 2012, 19:37   #765
NAK

Folks,

Need some urgent help. My passport is expiring on 4th June 2012 and I need to travel to US on 20th May for a week. Although I will be back by 26th May, I still need to have a passport valid for at least 6 months to be able to travel. My US Visa is valid for another 3-4 yrs.

I am really looking for help to see how I can get my passport renewed within the coming Friday 18th May so that I can travel on 20th May. I have filled the online application form through the website and have chosen the TATKAAL option. Unfortunately I tried getting the Monday appointment today at 6pm but as mentioned by few others on this thread, the appointments were booked by 6.01 pm. Now I am really worried that even if I get the appointment for Tuesday by trying tomorrow at 6pm, will I get the passport back by Friday?

Please note that my earlier passport was issued in Mumbai and I have been staying at my current address for more than a year now. I have more than 3 supporting address proofs out of the 11 mentioned on their website.

Can someone suggest what can be done to expedite this whole process so that I can travel next weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed