Old 5th September 2012, 17:55   #856
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post

1. Is this process correct?

Yes, this is correct.

2. What do i need to do to get my name added in my spouse's passport, Her passport is fine, no damage.

Your wife needs to fill in the e-form available in the website, but instead of selecting "Application for Fresh Passport", she needs to select "Re-issue of Passport". Then select "Change in Particulars" under that and "Add Spouse Name" under that further. Then generate the xml and upload it and get an appointment. She needs to take your marriage certificate there to prove that you are her husband, and submit a copy of it there.

3. What do we need to do to get the address changed? Addres needs to be changed from her earlier address to my address where she is staying currently. Re-issue of a passport or a fresh passport? What additional documents do we need in this case?

Same as mentioned above in my reply to query 2. Along with the "Add Spouse Name" as mentioned above, also select "Change in Address". Fill details accordingly and carry an address proof to the PSK.

Any help/suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks!
My replies in bold. Hope it helps.

PS: Also, in your case, I don't see the need to apply for a new passport. AFAIK, there is an option called "Passport Damaged" or something similar in that e-form when you select "Re-issue of Passport".

Last edited by Oxy : 5th September 2012 at 18:00.
Old 5th September 2012, 18:19   #857
Team-BHP Support

Every time I try to schedule an appointment, I get the following error
Currently no appointment slots are available for the selected Passport Seva Kendra , please try after 4:00pm (next day date)

my Passport silly kendra is Ghaziabad
Anybody else facing this problem?

I am renewing my passport due to expiry. So how do I go about adding spouse name? I did not find anything during online application process
Old 6th September 2012, 01:19   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Currently no appointment slots are available for the selected Passport Seva Kendra , please try after 4:00pm (next day date)
Try it after regular business hrs say around 6 pm , also try to schedule appointment well in advance to avoid "no appointment slots" message. Make sure you have all the relevant original documents in place before you visit the passport office.
Old 6th September 2012, 07:17   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody else facing this problem?...
Been there. Done that.

Just login into to the account NOW and try to schedule the appointment. Most likely you will not able to proceed. But just make sure you note down the date and time when you should try again.

For instance if the page says try 4.00 pm onwards on 06/09/12. Make sure you login into your account atleast by 3.45.

All you need to do is keep navigating thru' the links once logged in just to keep the page active. Because you will not be able log in to at 4.00 pm.

At 3.59 pm navigate to the schedule appointment page and check out the free slots. You should be able to do the same. Good luck.

BTW.... I somehow feel that the whole process is being rigged. Just like you would run out of train tickets IRCTC train tickets even before the reservation would open.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:31   #860
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am renewing my passport due to expiry. So how do I go about adding spouse name? I did not find anything during online application process
You need to follow the procedures for 'Change in Particulars' to be able to add the spouse name. I had done so when renewing my passport.
Old 9th September 2012, 18:28   #861
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I finally got an appointment on September 12th for re-issue of my daughter's passport.
I had uploaded using e-Filing method on 25th July and took nearly a month of trials to get those darned slots (always faced 'no slots available, try at 730 pm tomorrow' message).
Since so many days have passed by, I forgot what I need to take on the appointed day. Can someone please answer the questions below:-
  1. Will I be allowed to accompany my daughter as she is now a major (19 years old)
  2. What should I take along? Apart from old passport in original, should I carry even address proof and photographs? The address has not changed from what is in the old passport.
  3. What about DD for Rs 1000? Should i carry it? In whose name should it be?
  4. Any other thing to keep in mind?
Thanks in advance.
Old 10th September 2012, 11:40   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

my Passport silly kendra is Ghaziabad
Anybody else facing this problem?

You are not alone. I've been trying for an appointment since July 25th for the re-issue of my daughter's passport. I uploaded the xml file on that day, but could not manage an appointment for a month and a half.

Every day I used to get a message stating 'sorry, there are no available slots at xx location on the chosen date. Please try again at 7.30 pm tomorrow'.

I found that even when I logged in around 7.32 pm, I used to get the same message. So I logged in at 7.28 pm and tried to submit at 7.30 pm sharp. On my first trial, I found some empty slots, but when I picked one and clicked on submit (after feeding that darned random number which took ages to display), the page hung for 3 minutes and finally gave me a 'page not found' error.

Not to be undone, I planned my second trial the next day, by directly connecting my 15 MBPS connection to my laptop, instead of using the wireless router. But when I found the page hanging again, I logged in with a different browser and tried to submit there again. After 3 minutes or so, I got a message stating ' multiple logins not allowed'. By the time I could re-submit, all slots were over.

Finally I asked my daughter to undergo the rigmarole on the following day.
She too got a 'page not found' error after choosing a date and submitting, but when she refreshed the page, the appointment got confirmed on Sep 12th. Man, what a pain that was.

By the way, can someone please respond to my query in the earlier post?

Last edited by vnabhi : 10th September 2012 at 11:41.
Old 10th September 2012, 11:59   #863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can someone please answer the questions below:-
  1. Will I be allowed to accompany my daughter as she is now a major (19 years old)
  2. What should I take along? Apart from old passport in original, should I carry even address proof and photographs? The address has not changed from what is in the old passport.
  3. What about DD for Rs 1000? Should i carry it? In whose name should it be?
  4. Any other thing to keep in mind?
Thanks in advance.
Answers as per my knowledge :
1.) You may not be able to accompany your daughter inside. It should be a fairly simple process, so dont worry, she should be fine on her own.
2.) I would recommend you carry address proofs along with copies. All depends on the whims and fancies of the people who verify the documents. Last thing you'd want is to have to come back some other time.
3.) At the PSK, the DD for the amount is not required. You can pay in cash, but please carry the exact change.
4.) With a government process, its always better to carry as many documents as possible, so be prepared for that. Dont forget to ask your daughter to carry the 10th mark sheet (for ECNR), as well as Birth Certificate - these may come in handy.
Old 10th September 2012, 12:05   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Answers as per my knowledge :
1.) You may not be able to accompany your daughter inside. It should be a fairly simple process, so dont worry, she should be fine on her own.
2.) I would recommend you carry address proofs along with copies. All depends on the whims and fancies of the people who verify the documents. Last thing you'd want is to have to come back some other time.
3.) At the PSK, the DD for the amount is not required. You can pay in cash, but please carry the exact change.
4.) With a government process, its always better to carry as many documents as possible, so be prepared for that. Dont forget to ask your daughter to carry the 10th mark sheet (for ECNR), as well as Birth Certificate - these may come in handy.
Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, I agree it is better to carry as many docs as possible if one does not want to be turned away.
Thanks for the 10th class certificate reminder. Had forgotten about it.
I will also carry a xerox of that as well as xerox of the 1st 4 and last 4 pages of the existing passport.
As regards fee, I think it is Rs 1000. Has it changed?
Old 10th September 2012, 12:11   #865
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, I agree it is better to carry as many docs as possible if one does not want to be turned away.
Thanks for the 10th class certificate reminder. Had forgotten about it.
I will also carry a xerox of that as well as xerox of the 1st 4 and last 4 pages of the existing passport.
As regards fee, I think it is Rs 1000. Has it changed?
You can check for the current applicable fee using the Fee Calculator on the website.

You would need to carry the copies of the existing passport as well.

All the best!
Old 10th September 2012, 17:03   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
BTW.... I somehow feel that the whole process is being rigged. Just like you would run out of train tickets IRCTC train tickets even before the reservation would open.
Absolutely my thoughts. Been trying to get an appointment for the last one month but to no avail. And the system does seem a bit weird. Let me explain.

When I tried booking an appointment on 10th Aug, I got a message saying that booking option will be available at 2-00 clock on 12th Aug. So, when I logged in on 12th, found that system was showing only 21st Aug as available. And there is no calender option where you can select a later date of your choice. Since, I had some other work planned on that day, I did not book any slot. But, when I tried booking the next day at 2-00 pm sharp, the system showed next available day as 30th Aug. My query is, how did the other dates between 22nd and 30th Aug vanish, i.e., shown as blocked when the website shows only one date at a time. Is there any other channel apart from the Passport seva website to which these intervening dates are allotted? I don't think so. And it is not a one off case either. Everytime I try to book a convenient date for me (as I am at a different location from the PSK and need to travel overnight), this same thing is happenning with many intervening dates vanishing as blocked. I have a hunch it is going the same railway reservation way. (Touts and agents are the biggest money spinners for the Passport office and I don't think they will let some "silly computer" come in their way of looting the public)
Old 10th September 2012, 20:06   #867
Senior - BHPian

I was checking the documents needed for re-issue, and the website says no photograph of the applicant is needed.

But when I wanted to start printing the form, I could clearly see an space for affixing the photograph.

God, when will the govt. bodies learn to be clear and concise in their instructions?
Old 10th September 2012, 20:09   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Photographs are needed for EVERY passport application. The only difference is that if you apply at a PSK they shoot the pic themselves so you don't need to carry them along. Those are needed only when applying at RPOs or any other dumb terminals like Bangalore One.

But I heartily agree with your last statement!!!
Old 10th September 2012, 20:22   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ Photographs are needed for EVERY passport application. The only difference is that if you apply at a PSK they shoot the pic themselves so you don't need to carry them along. Those are needed only when applying at RPOs or any other dumb terminals like Bangalore One.

But I heartily agree with your last statement!!!
Thanks, that is very heartening to know.
Here is my final list:-
  1. Original passport
  2. Original 10th certificate for Non-ECR status change, with 2 self-attested copies
  3. Self-attested copy of 1st 2, last 2 and ECR page of original passport.
  4. Cash of Rs 1000, and also change for Rs 100 in Re 10 notes (never know when the change would be needed)
  5. Print out of the appointment time (forgot it so far)
To be on the safe side, I am also carrying:-
  1. 3 copies of latest photo in passport size
  2. BSNL telephone bill (latest)--original and photostat for address proof, though address has not changed
  3. Print out of the submitted form
  4. Birth certificate in original and photostat.
Hope I've not forgotten anything.
Old 10th September 2012, 23:45   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi

Thanks, that is very heartening to know.
Here is my final list:-
[*]Original passport[*]Original 10th certificate for Non-ECR status change, with 2 self-attested copies[*]Self-attested copy of 1st 2, last 2 and ECR page of original passport.[*]Cash of Rs 1000, and also change for Rs 100 in Re 10 notes (never know when the change would be needed)[*]Print out of the appointment time (forgot it so far)To be on the safe side, I am also carrying:-
[*]3 copies of latest photo in passport size[*]BSNL telephone bill (latest)--original and photostat for address proof, though address has not changed[*]Print out of the submitted form[*]Birth certificate in original and photostat.Hope I've not forgotten anything.
That should suffice IMO. You may like to try the document advsior wizard on the side pane ofa the website to be doubly sure that you dont miss out anything

Also take note of some notary/ passport agents in the nearby vicinity which could come handy in case they ask for a affidavite of some sort. You can get it done in no time if the agent fella is close by.

That appointment sheet is crucial without which you will not be let into the premises at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks