Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2012, 21:42   #886
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Hi All,
My passport expires in Nov this year & I wish to renew it from Bangalore, I've saved my application online, yet to submit it.
I've a question:
After getting the ARN is it necessary to book a slot online or can I just walk-in to the PSK? I've read a few pages of this thread but getting conflicting info on whether we need to book a slot online before going to PSK or just walk in with ARN?
thanks,
-R
You would need to book a slot for the appointment to visit the PSK. The walk-in is allowed for students and other emergency cases.
Old 1st October 2012, 00:28   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan
Hi All,
My passport expires in Nov this year & I wish to renew it from Bangalore, I've saved my application online, yet to submit it.
I've a question:
After getting the ARN is it necessary to book a slot online or can I just walk-in to the PSK? I've read a few pages of this thread but getting conflicting info on whether we need to book a slot online before going to PSK or just walk in with ARN?
thanks,
-R
Hi.
I just appeared for the interview on 28/9/12. The slot was taken online.

My slot was 1100-1115. Entered the PSK at 1035 and walked out at 1130. 55 minutes was all it took me to submit my application for renewal. This scheduling seems to be better than walk in. You just have to make sure that all papers are in order.

Everything was so organised that I just cant stop myself from praising it.
Old 9th October 2012, 20:47   #888
BHPian

Guys,
I had asked a question sometime back related to getting my Spouse's address changed in her passport. Post marriage, she does not have any document which has the current address! All we have is our Marriage Certificate and my passport (which has the current address). What do we need to in this case?
Old 9th October 2012, 21:00   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai
Guys,
I had asked a question sometime back related to getting my Spouse's address changed in her passport. Post marriage, she does not have any document which has the current address! All we have is our Marriage Certificate and my passport (which has the current address). What do we need to in this case?
Marriage certificate is useful for spouse name addition only.

Does she work? She can get a letter from company for address proof.

Or if she has post paid bill that would do as well.
Old 10th October 2012, 05:28   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Guys,
Your passport will be more than sufficient as a documentary proof for change of address in her passport.

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...mDOB=DOBVarYes
Old 10th October 2012, 19:09   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Your passport will be more than sufficient as a documentary proof for change of address in her passport.

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...mDOB=DOBVarYes
Nix, it would be valid only if the spouse name is endorsed in the passport.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:15   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Nix, it would be valid only if the spouse name is endorsed in the passport.
So, to get the address changed in my wife's passport, i need to get my name added in her passport and then apply for address change? Or can both - Adding Spouse's name and address changed be done together/at once?
Old 11th October 2012, 12:50   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Yes, you can make multiple changes at the same time. In fact it is preferable since a new booklet will be issued for every change.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:54   #894
Senior - BHPian

A query on similar lines -

Is it mandatory to add your spouse's name on your passport?
Eg: Is it necessary, that I add my wife's name on my passport?
Old 11th October 2012, 13:52   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

From Passport FAQ:
Quote:
Question 8. I got my passport 2 years ago. I got married recently. Should I include my spouse’s name in my passport? If so, what is the procedure?
Ans. It is better to include your spouse’s name in your passport. For this, please file up Form No.II(EAP-II) form and submit it along with marriage certificate, photocopy of spouse’s passport (if she has one) and proof of stay (if the present address is different from the one in the passport). Note : The procedure is the same if one wants to include her husband’s name in the passport.
So yes, it's preferable, but not mandatory.

Last edited by noopster : 11th October 2012 at 13:54.
Old 15th October 2012, 16:20   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
A query on similar lines -

Is it mandatory to add your spouse's name on your passport?
Eg: Is it necessary, that I add my wife's name on my passport?
It is not mandatory, but it would be useful when your wife needs to apply for a passport as your passport could be used as a valid proof of address.
Old 17th October 2012, 21:37   #897
Senior - BHPian

Guys
This may not be the appropriate place for posting this query. But does one have to staple all the old passports to the current one while travelling abroad?

I used to carry my previous passport stapled to the current one, but now there is one more! Kind of bulky to carry 3 passports together. Same is the case with my daughter.
Old 17th October 2012, 23:08   #898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys
This may not be the appropriate place for posting this query. But does one have to staple all the old passports to the current one while travelling abroad?
Staple old passports? Why? I am on my 4th passport. You need to carry only your current passport. The only reason to carry old passport is if you have a valid visa in the older passport.

For example, I got my new passport this year. But my 10 year US visa is in the old passport. So I need to carry the old passport if I am visiting US. And there is no need to staple.
Old 18th October 2012, 09:31   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Staple old passports? Why? I am on my 4th passport. You need to carry only your current passport. The only reason to carry old passport is if you have a valid visa in the older passport.

For example, I got my new passport this year. But my 10 year US visa is in the old passport. So I need to carry the old passport if I am visiting US. And there is no need to staple.
Phew, what a releif! I was told that one needs to carry the old ones too, especially to the US. I've made 3 visits to the US so far, and the immigrationn officer did give a curious glance at the older one stapled to the current one.

But in my case (as with others in my family), the old passport is completely blank. Looks like I was misinformed.

Thanks Samurai.
Old 25th October 2012, 19:03   #900
BHPian

Yesterday when I checked, the appointment slot was saying "Check Oct 25th at 2.00PM". Today (25th) I have been checking all along the day and it shows "Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day". I am not sure why the same message appeared before 2.00PM and after 2.00PM as well. What should I do now? I just keep checking for the available slots?

Most Viewed