Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2013, 23:23   #991
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I had applied for a tatkal passport application for my 3 year old son on Tuesday (Jan 8th) by availing a walk-in appointment at the Lalbagh RPO. I received the passport on Saturday (Jan 12th).
The documents my wife and myself had taken were:
1.The printout of the online filled form
2.annexure C, signed by both my wife and me
3.1 copy of his birth certificate
4.1 self attested copy of my passport and my wife’s passport (My name was endorsed in my wife’s passport and had the current address and my wife’s name was not endorsed in passport with my address being an address from New York)
5.1 year bank statement serving as my address proof (no add)
6.A copy of our marriage certificate, self attested by both of us
7.Copies of passport size photos of my son, taken against a white background (We needed only one)
We reached the RPO by 8.15 AM and joined the queue. At 9 AM, we were let in after informing that we were there for a walk-in appointment for a minor. We were made to wait in a room for about 15 minutes, before being frisked and let into another room, where we queued for taking an appointment (Please note that the first counter to the right is for the tatkal appointments). We were immediately sent to counter A. She checked our documents, scanned the documents and took my son’s fingerprints. We were soon sent to wait for counter B. Within 15 minutes, we cleared counters B and C and were out of the RPO by 10 M.
We received a message that the passport was shipped on Friday and we received it by Saturday lunch time.
Please note that paid parking is available in the basement .
Thanks Aiel!! This information is very useful for me.

I need to urgently apply for a passport for my 5 month old kid. My wife and I have valid passports. My passport has been issued at Bangalore, has my wife's name endorsed and has my current residential address. My Wife's passport has been issued at Hyderabad, has my name endorsed and carries Hyderabad address.

Above update is quite comprehensive to get me started. However I still have few doubts. It will be great if someone could help me out with some of my doubts.

1. Apart from the above mentioned 7 documents, do I need to carry any other document ? Maybe just for the purpose of producing it and not submitting it. The reason I am asking is that during my passport renewal, the guys at PSK kept coming up with a new list of required documents and made me run 3 times.

2. I see that you got your son's passport in just 4 days even though it was a normal application and not tatkal (I hope I understood correctly). Then I guess there is no real need to apply for a tatkal passport if the lead time for a normal one is just 4 days.

3. What is the validity period of your son's passport?

PS: I need the the passport in a week's time.

Last edited by champ27 : 16th January 2013 at 23:42.
Old 17th January 2013, 00:02   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
Thanks Aiel!! This information is very useful for me.

I need to urgently apply for a passport for my 5 month old kid. My wife and I have valid passports. My passport has been issued at Bangalore, has my wife's name endorsed and has my current residential address. My Wife's passport has been issued at Hyderabad, has my name endorsed and carries Hyderabad address.

Above update is quite comprehensive to get me started. However I still have few doubts. It will be great if someone could help me out with some of my doubts.

1. Apart from the above mentioned 7 documents, do I need to carry any other document ? Maybe just for the purpose of producing it and not submitting it. The reason I am asking is that during my passport renewal, the guys at PSK kept coming up with a new list of required documents and made me run 3 times.

2. I see that you got your son's passport in just 4 days even though it was a normal application and not tatkal (I hope I understood correctly). Then I guess there is no real need to apply for a tatkal passport if the lead time for a normal one is just 4 days.

3. What is the validity period of your son's passport?

PS: I need the the passport in a week's time.
Apart from the above mentioned list of documents, I did not carry any other document and they did not ask for any other document.

I had applied for it under Tatkal, that is why I received it in 4 days. Under a normal case also, the passports for minors are received quickly as there is no need for police verification. Considering your urgency, it would be better to apply under tatkal.

The validity period of the passport is 5 years.
Old 17th January 2013, 10:36   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Apart from the above mentioned list of documents, I did not carry any other document and they did not ask for any other document.

I had applied for it under Tatkal, that is why I received it in 4 days. Under a normal case also, the passports for minors are received quickly as there is no need for police verification. Considering your urgency, it would be better to apply under tatkal.

The validity period of the passport is 5 years.
Thanks for a quick reply Aiel. I will then go for tatkal. I believe Annexure I & F are not required when applying for tatkal for a minor's passport. You just need to pay the extra amount at the counter to convert a normal application into tatkal. Is my understanding correct? How did you convert the application into a tatkal one?

I am facing a slight issue while filling up the application form. I am confused as to what should go in the " Present residential address details" field. Since my daughter is just 5 months old, when I put her date of birth in the "residing since" field, the form asks for previous address details. As it is mandatory to provide your address details for past 1 year. And if I put the exact date since we have been staying at my current address (which is approx 2.5 yrs now), it will amount to wrong information as she wasn't even born then. Anyone who has applied for an infant's passport could help me here.

I tried calling their call center, haven't been able to get through. Read all the form filling guidelines but could not find anything in this regard.

Last edited by champ27 : 17th January 2013 at 10:40.
Old 18th January 2013, 14:41   #994
BHPian

Hi, the corner edges of my passport (both front and back) are peeling. What is the best way to get this fixed/re-laminated? I read in this thread that embassies abroad do it. Should I try the Indian embassy in Bangkok, or a local passport office? I am getting scared about it not being good for travel after some more wear & tear.

The tear is really minor should I try gluing it myself?

Front and back:

http://i.imgur.com/XSUpd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tyj6t.jpg

And I just discovered the last remarks page is slightly torn in a corner too:
http://i.imgur.com/W2BQX.jpg

Last edited by Evil : 18th January 2013 at 15:11.
Old 18th January 2013, 15:05   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
Thanks for a quick reply Aiel. I will then go for tatkal. I believe Annexure I & F are not required when applying for tatkal for a minor's passport. You just need to pay the extra amount at the counter to convert a normal application into tatkal. Is my understanding correct? How did you convert the application into a tatkal one?
Hi

I guess there is no need to apply for tatkal. I also applied passport as a normal application for my kids, one is aged around 2 years and elder one is 4.5 yrs.

01/01/2013 -> Applied passport for my kids through the walk-in appointment. I submitted all the required documents on same day

04/01/2013 -> Received SMS saying the Passport has been dispatched for my younger son.

05/01/2013 -> Received the passport

07/01/2013 -> Received SMS saying the Passport has dispatched for my elder son.

08/01/2013 -> Received the passport

Specially for kids its very quick, I suggest you to go for a normal application provided all the documents are intact.

Cheers,
Raps
Old 24th January 2013, 12:32   #996
Senior - BHPian

Is the standard affidavit (Annexure I) required for passport reissue ? The documents required link on the passport website does not mention it as required.

Similarly, is the standard affidavit (Annexure I) required for fresh passport ? The documents required link on the passport websote does not mention it as required.

For what kind of cases is this standard affidavit required ?

Rohan
Old 24th January 2013, 13:57   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I just came back from Pune passport Seva Kendra.
i was denied token because i made a mistake by taking appointment in Normal quota while my passport re-issue application was for Tatkaal.
Just Take care of this point people.
Why would they do that?

There is a separate queue for tatkal applications even for getting the token.
So, it is just a matter of getting in that queue instead of the Normal one, right?
Old 24th January 2013, 14:06   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Why would they do that?

There is a separate queue for tatkal applications even for getting the token.
So, it is just a matter of getting in that queue instead of the Normal one, right?
that's logically right as applicant. as per officials, if everybody starts doing that, then there is no logic behind putting tatkaal slots for online booking.
Old 28th January 2013, 18:15   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Hi, the corner edges of my passport (both front and back) are peeling. What is the best way to get this fixed/re-laminated?
The tear is really minor should I try gluing it myself?
I would we wary of trying to fix anything myself, primarily because it may be construed as tampering: A friend was once held up at UK immigration because the center-stitch had one or two stitches broken and there was some thread visible. When my friend casually remarked that he could trim those small threads, the immigration officer looked at him in amazement and strongly advised him not to do anything like that.
Old 20th February 2013, 18:20   #1000
BHPian

How long does it take to get an appointment online for Bangalore PSV ? how many days does one need to try regularly at 6pm or is there any other way? any pointers are appreciated.Thx
Old 20th February 2013, 18:32   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
How long does it take to get an appointment online for Bangalore PSV ? how many days does one need to try regularly at 6pm or is there any other way? any pointers are appreciated.Thx
Hi raihan, getting appointment online is a matter of luck. At about 6:03 pm, the slots are all booked.
I would prefer the manual way of getting appointment. Though you will need to spend around half a day but it ensures your work is done (including visit to PSK!).
Reach early in the morning (7:30/ 8 am) at RPO, Koramangala. Join the queue. The counter opens at 9:00 and you can get a manual appointment for the same day either at Lalbagh/ Maratahalli. Please ensure that you have all the documents in place. Once you get the appointment, even if there is something wrong in your application/ document, the appointment is valid for next 3 working days. This half day struggle shall at least guarantee you a slot unlike the online booking
Old 20th February 2013, 21:59   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, i had absolutely no issues at all in getting an appointment online. I had to renew mine and my wife's passport and apply for a fresh one for my son, aged 9 years. I logged in at 5.57. Waited till the Passport portal server time hit 5.59, and hit the refresh button. Lo , it showed up the months and dates and i could get that real quick. At 6.05, i was done with my appointment time and date.

Once done, it was a breeze at the lalbagh centre. My son's passport came home in exactly 8 days and mine and my wife's took 33 days. Didnt take the tatkal route here.

My experience is that the counter C is where maximum wait time goes. I assume that A and B windows are manned by the TCS teams and C window is still staffed by the ministry of external affairs.
Old 20th February 2013, 22:54   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Reach early in the morning (7:30/ 8 am) at RPO, Koramangala. Join the queue. The counter opens at 9:00 and you can get a manual appointment for the same day either at Lalbagh/ Maratahalli. Please ensure that you have all the documents in place.
MotoNanu - I am trying to get an ONLINE appointment (for my mother) since last 3 days, without any luck. I have filled the application online.
  1. So when I visit the RPO to get the appointment, I will be carrying all other documents, but do I need to fill manual application form separately or is the form filled ONLINE enough.
  2. Also should my mother also come along (I know she has to come along to PSK), but what about to RPO?

Note: I was lucky last year and got an ONLINE appointment in 2 days try, but this time though it is not allowing me to see the appointments page so far (all 3 days 3-5 mins and all gone)
Old 21st February 2013, 08:52   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
My experience is that the counter C is where maximum wait time goes. I assume that A and B windows are manned by the TCS teams and C window is still staffed by the ministry of external affairs.
Only the reception and Counter A are staffed by TCS. MEA Babus rule B and C counters.
Old 21st February 2013, 10:59   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
MotoNanu - I am trying to get an ONLINE appointment (for my mother) since last 3 days, without any luck. I have filled the application online.
  1. So when I visit the RPO to get the appointment, I will be carrying all other documents, but do I need to fill manual application form separately or is the form filled ONLINE enough.
  2. Also should my mother also come along (I know she has to come along to PSK), but what about to RPO?
Note: I was lucky last year and got an ONLINE appointment in 2 days try, but this time though it is not allowing me to see the appointments page so far (all 3 days 3-5 mins and all gone)
1. You need to take the print out of the ARN (Application Receipt Number) which is the online form you had submitted. It is mandatory!
2. Yes I think so. My suggestion would be to ask her to wait in the waiting are (there are seats) and you take her only after you get the form from teh counter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks