Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 17:18   #1156
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
My passport has been dispatched but as I was out of town I couldn't receive it. Now the status is showing as Delivered to but in Koramangala. What can be the issue? Also it seems they've attempted to deliver it around 10 days back but after that the passport was forwarded to Koramangala. What should I do now? Any help would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Go to RPO Koramangala with the PSK receipt and an ID Card to collect the passport.

Waseem.
RPO has stopped handing over the passport in person, even if you go with all the documents! I had the same issue in January this year.

You will need to write an application to the RPO and request them to send the passport again. The whole process of dispatching shall repeat! The frustrating part is, even though the speed post status shows that the passport has been returned to RPO, RPO will add some delay in acknowledging the reception and this is typically 3-7 days! Then add one more week for dispatch to restart.

I had a painful experience due to this
Old 8th May 2013, 17:52   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for responding guys. RPO is Regional Passport Office or Regional Post Office, slight confusion here. Also, I've applied for passport in Lalbagh office, so do I need to go there with the application?
Old 8th May 2013, 18:11   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Thanks for responding guys. RPO is Regional Passport Office or Regional Post Office, slight confusion here. Also, I've applied for passport in Lalbagh office, so do I need to go there with the application?
RPO in this context is Regional Passport Office (Koramangala, near NGV).

First check the status with Speed Post. If they confirm that the passport has been delivered back to RPO, then you need to go to the RPO and submit the application. You need to take the token number and wait for your turn at the ground floor. I would advise you to go early or if someone can wait for your turn and inform you accordingly, so that you do not lose time just waiting there! Also inquiry is closed on Wednesdays.

Submit the application at the counter. In my case the person was forcing me to check with Speed Post, but I had already been to the post office (Kormanagala, 3rd Block) and had confirmed. Once they have triggerred the delivery to RPO, speed post will no longer come in picture. Keep the tracking number of the speed post handy.

I was asked to wait for 15 days when I submitted the application and it took exactly that much time!
Old 11th May 2013, 15:53   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
RPO in this context is Regional Passport Office (Koramangala, near NGV).

First check the status with Speed Post. If they confirm that the passport has been delivered back to RPO, then you need to go to the RPO and submit the application. You need to take the token number and wait for your turn at the ground floor. I would advise you to go early or if someone can wait for your turn and inform you accordingly, so that you do not lose time just waiting there! Also inquiry is closed on Wednesdays.

Submit the application at the counter. In my case the person was forcing me to check with Speed Post, but I had already been to the post office (Kormanagala, 3rd Block) and had confirmed. Once they have triggerred the delivery to RPO, speed post will no longer come in picture. Keep the tracking number of the speed post handy.

I was asked to wait for 15 days when I submitted the application and it took exactly that much time!
Thanks for the reply. It seems like I'm going to have tough time getting my passport. To complicate matters I've shifted my house also this month and I guess now I'll have to reapply for the passport?
Old 11th May 2013, 23:40   #1160
BHPian

Hi friends my passport application status shows as the "police verification report is under review at the regional passport office and if the report is found correct, the passport will be despatched . You will receive a message after it is despatched "
I see this message close to a week .
What are the next steps and is there any possibility that I can speed up the process .

Last edited by rki2007 : 11th May 2013 at 23:42.
Old 13th May 2013, 20:54   #1161
BHPian

Hi,

I submitted my Re-issue application at PSK, ORR Bangalore (+Spouse Name, -ECR, Address Change). The acknowledgement says Application Status as "On Hold" and Police Verification "NA". There are no additional documents required however there is a comment that says "Verified original documents, however, confirmation from issuing authority is required". The older passport, which has now been stamped "Canceled". was issued in Lucknow.

Can anyone tell me if Police Verification will still happen (because i am now in a different State)? And, how much time will it take ?
Old 14th May 2013, 09:54   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends my passport application status shows as the "police verification report is under review at the regional passport office and if the report is found correct, the passport will be despatched . You will receive a message after it is despatched "
I see this message close to a week .
What are the next steps and is there any possibility that I can speed up the process .
This is very unusual. As soon as the police verification report is received at RPO, the passport should go for printing. It should not take a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
Hi,

I submitted my Re-issue application at PSK, ORR Bangalore (+Spouse Name, -ECR, Address Change). The acknowledgement says Application Status as "On Hold" and Police Verification "NA". There are no additional documents required however there is a comment that says "Verified original documents, however, confirmation from issuing authority is required". The older passport, which has now been stamped "Canceled". was issued in Lucknow.

Can anyone tell me if Police Verification will still happen (because i am now in a different State)? And, how much time will it take ?
Police verification is a must if your current address is different from the one in the old passport.

Police verification may not happen if you are in government service and have submitted identify proof from a government agency.

Rohan
Old 14th May 2013, 10:27   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
This is very unusual. As soon as the police verification report is received at RPO, the passport should go for printing. It should not take a week.
Either the PV report submitted is not legible (or not scanned properly etc) or otherwise the printing center might have run out of booklets and awaiting fresh supply. Both are possibilities and I did experience the latter one last year.
Old 14th May 2013, 11:18   #1164
BANNED

Even if there is no change in address, you are in a quasi govt job and submit the NOC it is at the discretion of the joker (counter C) whether to select No Verification or Post verification. They seem to be veering towards the latter, since then the boot is on the other foot.
Old 14th May 2013, 11:26   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr

Rohan
So what is the relief and how or whom do I approach to solve this .

Thanks in advance .
Old 14th May 2013, 11:58   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Police verification is a must if your current address is different from the one in the old passport.

Police verification may not happen if you are in government service and have submitted identify proof from a government agency.

Rohan
Thanks Rohan. I am not a Govt. Employee. And even i am surprised why the Police Verification says "NA" . The bottom section of Ack says Police Verification to be one of : "Pre" , "Post" or "No" it does not mention NA. Looks like Counter C official made a typo. Just keeping my fingers crossed. God knows how many days of wait.
Old 14th May 2013, 12:07   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
So what is the relief and how or whom do I approach to solve this .
Thanks in advance .
If you are not in a hurry, I would suggest that you wait and watch for a few more days.

If in a hurry, you may contact the police officer who came for verification and explain your case. Or you may call the passport helpline and ask if there is any complication. Finally, you may visit the RPO and request the officer to expedite the process.

My personal experience is that as soon as the police verification report is sent by your police station, your passport application remains under review at RPO for a day or two and then it is approved. A few of my friends who applied for passport recently also had similar experience.

Rohan
Old 14th May 2013, 12:18   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
The acknowledgement says Application Status as "On Hold" and Police Verification "NA".
I suggest you to approach PSK again. Don't take an appointment but can check what needs to be done for this. Any way how many days before you went to PSK ? If it is more than 2 weeks suggest you to approach PSK
My case Original passport issued in Lucknow and for 20 years. I submitted the same for facial and address change and passport came within 10 days with police post verification
Old 14th May 2013, 14:09   #1169
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Rohan. I am not a Govt. Employee. And even i am surprised why the Police Verification says "NA" .
NA -> Not Applicable, ie No. So sleep easy!
Old 14th May 2013, 14:18   #1170
Team-BHP Support

My pass passport has been printed. It took 10 days to print one passport. No wonder there is such a backlog
Now the status says, passport printed, you will receive sms/email when its posted.
Now if a guy walks from Delhi to my city to post the passport, it should take about 10 days (Faster if he uses a horse). So by end May, I should have a passport!

Most Viewed