Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 14:43   #121
BHPian

A valid passport can also be used as an address proof if there is no change in the address AND the passport must be valid at the time of police verification which usually occurs a couple of months after the application is filed, and in tatkal schemes, after the passport is issued also (as in my case).

The address proof that I provided was the same address as on the old passport, but since the passport was expired at the time of police verification (it was valid at the time of renewal application and passport issual), it was still a requirement for me to supply another document as an address proof. The inspector mentioned that had the old passport been still valid, he could have accepted the address on the old passport as address proof.

Prajwal
Old 16th September 2010, 17:13   #122
Senior - BHPian

Thank you everyone for your timely help.
Old 20th September 2010, 22:00   #123
Senior - BHPian

I had my appointment today.

I had applied online for renewal with change of address. I had submitted the application on Sep 4th, and booked an appointment for Sep 20th 3 PM (today). Today was the earliest free slot I could find.

Today, i reached the PSK Marathahalli at 3:15 pm. Was a bit tensed as i was late. But reaching there, was relieved to find that everything was under control. Showed the online appointment receipt at the entrance. Got the token issued and entered the waiting lounge at 3:25 pm. There were around 30-35 people there, all in different queues. So i had around 30 minutes to get settled. Had some tea.

At 4:10 PM, I was let in. Showed my token and appointment receipt to the lady at the counter (Counter A). She saw my application and noticed that it was not under 'Tatkaal'. I said that i wanted to apply under Tatkaal, but the website didn't allow that. So she checked with her higher officer and came back informing that it can be converted to Tatkaal. Nice!
She took my photo and finger prints.
Showed the original documents and gave the attested copies. She scanned all of them. I had 3 documents for address proof and marks card for removing ECR.
Signed on the printed application, which she then scanned and showed how it looked with the photo and signature. After verifying everything is fine, finally she prepared a file. Paid Rs3000/- fee and got the receipt. Collected all my documents back and left the counter with passport and the application file.

Waited for another 5 minutes for step 2 (Counter B). The guy there again verified if all the documents are correct and then asked me to proceed to last step.

Another 5 minute wait for step 3 (Counter C). There was an elder lady in this counter, who asked me some questions like where do i work, why do i want it under Tatkaal etc. She took the application file, stamped the current passport as 'cancelled' and returned it to me. As the last step, signed on the acknowledgement form.

Finally at the exit, showed the fee receipt and appointment receipt. The lady there printed the final acknowledgement letter with status 'Granted'.

So at 4:55 pm i was ready to leave. The whole process took less than two hours in my case. I found the entire process smooth and it actually exceeded my expectations.

The best part for me was that my application was converted to Tatkaal.

Update:
Currently the tracking website shows status as 'Printed' so hoping to get the passport soon.
Old 3rd October 2010, 16:11   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally after 5 months after applying for a renewal through normal procedure, my passport ordeal came to an end today.

I got my passport today ( through some special contacts) or else it would have been pending even more.

Time to party..err...to take a vacation abroad
Old 6th October 2010, 22:33   #125
BHPian

Guys from Bangalore need a quick help.

I applied for reissue/renewal of passport on 1st Oct at PSK Outer ring road, received an SMS this morning and the tracking number of speed post. But remark against speed post tracking number says "Package Undelivered".

I checked with my security, there had been no postman visits today

Package is mentioned to be in Koramanagala, can someone let me know where's the speed post office is. Could find 3 online, but was not sure which one to be visited.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:34   #126
Senior - BHPian

Raghu, did you apply under tatkal scheme? I am still waiting for my passport after about 2 months of application under normal scheme at the same PSK!
Old 7th October 2010, 15:04   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Raghu, did you apply under tatkal scheme? I am still waiting for my passport after about 2 months of application under normal scheme at the same PSK!
Hi Vasoo,

It was under Tatkal, passport has been delivered today at home.

2months is too long time, I read few more such delays and hence opted for Tatkal. Did they mention a reason for the delay? One issue which my friend faced was due to Pre-verification, Police guy confirms report has been loaded, PSK says no. He visited passport office if I remember correctly and in their actual/central database it was uploaded a month ago.

Regards
Raghu
Old 9th November 2010, 11:26   #128
BHPian

Passport Reissue for Minors BLR PSK

Hi

I need to apply for RE-ISSUE of my sons passport [ age 6 + years ].
I have a couple of questions on the same.

1. Do minors need to be present physically at the PSK in Bangalore ?
2. Can I make online appointment in his name, even though the registration/login is in my name ?
3. Can the documents be self attested by parents ? My passport has the current address, but wifeys is from a different address ?
4. BSNL telephone bills are in my name. Will it affect in any way
5. Can the birth certificate be self attested by the parents ?
6. Do all the documents have to be in PDF format when filling online ? In here, I have 2 sub questions, Does online FILLING and online
APPOINTMENT two different things ?
7. Do I need to take a printout of the filled online application to PSK ?
8. Do they take photographs and finger prints of minors at PSK ?
9. Duration for re-issued passport without police verification
Appreicate your kind inputs on the same. My sons passport is for expiry in Mar 2011.
THanks a ton
Old 9th November 2010, 11:34   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Vasoo: What an agony, I had applied for Re-issue on 3rd Oct, Got an appointment on 28th Oct and had my passport issued on 30th Oct.

I didn't apply under tatkal. It was under normal scheme. May be it's time check what's really happening with your application.
Old 17th November 2010, 11:32   #130
Senior - BHPian

Need advise urgently. Applying for wife's passport re-issue & sons fresh passport.

1) While applying new passport for minor (my son aged 3.5 yrs) do I have to take his thumb impressions on Form No1 & personal particular form or as an guardian I can sign. Also whether the same is to be done on the pasted photos too ( total 3 photos)
2) Does Form no 2 needs to be filled for minor?
3) I have got info from the enquiry counter that minor need not be present during application form submission. Is this true?
4) Does Form no 2 needs to be filled for my wife's re-issue passport application? Also whether the existing ECNR status will be carried forward to the new passport?

I am planning to take an online appointment today. Whats the min/max period of time gap between application & actual submission. Need fast response from experts.
Old 17th November 2010, 11:52   #131
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I need to update address on my passport. I really don't want to go to the passport office. When I was in Pune, I was able to do the same using an agent. I never had to go to the passport office at all for the address change.
Can someone recommend a good passport agent in Mumbai for the same?
Old 17th November 2010, 12:47   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Need advise urgently. Applying for wife's passport re-issue & sons fresh passport.

1) While applying new passport for minor (my son aged 3.5 yrs) do I have to take his thumb impressions on Form No1 & personal particular form or as an guardian I can sign. Also whether the same is to be done on the pasted photos too ( total 3 photos)
2) Does Form no 2 needs to be filled for minor?
3) I have got info from the enquiry counter that minor need not be present during application form submission. Is this true?
4) Does Form no 2 needs to be filled for my wife's re-issue passport application? Also whether the existing ECNR status will be carried forward to the new passport?

I am planning to take an online appointment today. Whats the min/max period of time gap between application & actual submission. Need fast response from experts.
Got an appointment on Monday 22nd Nov 2010 at 10 am. Lets see how much time it will take on that day.

One thing I noticed even through my son is minor and applied for a fresh passport the charges are mentioned in the online application form as 1000/- whereas the website says its Rs 600/-. Can some one clarify the correct cost please.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:54   #133
Senior - BHPian

Finally the applications for my wife's reissue and son's new passport were submitted yesterday. Learnt a lot of things in process:
1) In wife's application case - any residence proof in name of husband not accepted. Had to submit Bank Joint account passbook copies (3 trips to bank to get the passbook, hadn't taken for the past 2.5 yrs since account opening)
2) In son's case: Left hand thumb impression has to be accompanied by parent's signatures. Also I had got the thumb print on the first page of Form1 vertically whereas horizontal impression is required. The charges were in fact 600/- only whereas the online application showed 1000/-.
3) In both case where ever applicable No should be written instead of putting a dash mark.
4) The Thane office have files of different colour for normal & tatkal processing. In our case both the applications were put in tatkal files. Had to get it changed to normal processing.

Finally got the File nos, now the wait begins for the process to start & end.
Old 23rd November 2010, 13:43   #134
AWD
BHPian

Gave my Passport for Re-issue today. Phew...what a tedious process! Did not take the agent route, had to wait for ~ 4hrs in the PO. They could easily manage if they employed more staff but lines & ques are a way in India I guess!

BTW, try the online option, its far more easy & time saving. I could not do so because Printer at home is out of order.
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:46   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
2) In son's case: Left hand thumb impression has to be accompanied by parent's signatures. Also I had got the thumb print on the first page of Form1 vertically whereas horizontal impression is required. The charges were in fact 600/- only whereas the online application showed 1000/-.
3) In both case where ever applicable No should be written instead of putting a dash mark.

Can you kindly clarify if this is only on the photocopies ?

And should the signature of both the parents required ? Or only of the parent whose passport is attached with the application form ?

And on the photocopies also, should the thumb impression be horizontal ?

Do we need to carry any photos ?

Most Viewed