Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2014, 11:08   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My passport will expire in ~7 months from now. I am planning to re-new the passport. My current passport was issued with my permanent address in Kerala.

I currently work in Chennai and stay in a PG. I do NOT have a gas connection or a BSNL landline. Neither have I got a passbook from the employer.

I am inclined to applying thru the Cochin office itself, though it requires some extra travel; I doubt I have a choice. What should I do in this case?

I have an SBI Passbook with picture on it (and permanent address of mine (Kerala)) and also transactions for atleast 6 months in the last 1 year .

1. What is the time taken for a normal re-issue application Vs Tatkal application?

2. For re-issue of the passport, do I need to have police verification done?

Please advice.
Please get a letter from you employer on your DOJ and mention your current address as well, this will serve as Address proof No. 1.This could be a damper if your DOJ is not 1 year from the date of your application.If you have not completed 1 year, please avoid mentioning the DOJ in the employers letter.I know couple of guys were asked for appointment letter as DOJ was not mentioned in the employers letter, so beware.

The other address proof would be that you transfer your SBI account to the nearest branch in chennai with your PG address, get a new passbook (with pic) and get bank statements of last one year (endorsed by the bank) and this will serve as your second address proof.

Tatkal takes about 3 days from Date of application and normal re-issue takes one week to 4 weeks.

As there is an address change in your PP, PV will be mandatory in your case.

Waseem.
Old 6th March 2014, 12:09   #1427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Please get a letter from you employer on your DOJ and mention your current address as well, this will serve as Address proof No. 1.This could be a damper if your DOJ is not 1 year from the date of your application.If you have not completed 1 year, please avoid mentioning the DOJ in the employers letter.I know couple of guys were asked for appointment letter as DOJ was not mentioned in the employers letter, so beware...
Thanks Waseem. I am yet to complete 1 year in the current job.

Quote:
... The other address proof would be that you transfer your SBI account to the nearest branch in chennai with your PG address, get a new passbook (with pic) and get bank statements of last one year (endorsed by the bank) and this will serve as your second address proof...
Guess you missed my main concern. I want to apply thru Cochin itself since I do NOT want to change the address. I was asking if that is a possibility since I am in Chennai. And in such a case, will the PV be required as I have my permanent address in the current passport?

I might move out of Chennai also in some time and hence am NOT much inclined for the passport to be taken here.

Quote:
Tatkal takes about 3 days from Date of application and normal re-issue takes one week to 4 weeks.

As there is an address change in your PP, PV will be mandatory in your case...
Guess Tatkal is completely worth the money looking at the ETA.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th March 2014 at 12:11.
Old 6th March 2014, 13:06   #1428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess you missed my main concern. I want to apply thru Cochin itself since I do NOT want to change the address. I was asking if that is a possibility since I am in Chennai. And in such a case, will the PV be required as I have my permanent address in the current passport?
I was giving you an easy option of applying from chennai and saving your $$$ so that we could spend the same in Buhari or Runs the next time i am in Chennai.

Coming back to the point,PV may not be required in your case but It all depends on the granting officer.He/She may grant you a PP with or without PV. In case of renewals,passport dispatches and PV are parallel process.If you apply from Cochin, do not forget to give an authorization letter to your family member for collecting the PP before you come back to Chennai.

PS:Your best bet is to apply from Chennai and save yourself from these hassles.

Waseem.
Old 6th March 2014, 13:42   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
I guess you are lucky, we applied for my Mom's and Dad's passport, its been more than a week and the status still says " passport printing in progress". The appointment at the PSK was on 23rd Jan 2014 and the police verfification got completed on 11th Feb 2014.

I did read the shortage of blank passport booklets but in that particular table hyd seems to have the required number :(
Ya lookslike I am among the lucky few who get the passport without any major delay or hindrance.

Quote:

I might move out of Chennai also in some time and hence am NOT much inclined for the passport to be taken here.
I somehow feel that giving data honestly is the best option for you. And if you are considering Tatkal it is even more imperative that you give true information as someone else will have to vouch for you.

I know quite a few people who wanted their permanent address to be their own place. But if you are not living there nd this come up in police verification it will be an adverse report

Quote:
(A) If an applicant desires to obtain his passport under the Tatkal Scheme, a verification certificate as per the specimen at ANNEXURE ‘F’ and standard affidavit as Annexure “I” should be submitted along with the TATKAAL fee. The Passport Issuing Authority shall retain the right to verify in writing the authenticity of the Verification Certificate from the official who has issued it. All applicants seeking a passport out of turn under the TATKAAL Scheme are advised to submit their application, documentation, colour photographs with white or light background and fee as specified below. No proof of urgency is required for Out-of-Turn issue of passport. Post Police Verification shall be done in respect of all passports issued under the Tatkaal Scheme.
http://passport.gov.in/cpv/TatkalScheme.htm
Old 7th March 2014, 12:37   #1430
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone gotten the documents for Tatkaal application for passport renewal done from the BDA complex in Koramangala recently? Please let me know, as i had some queries.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th March 2014, 20:32   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
Passport mela on FEB 15 and Mar 15 ! these kendras are at Mangalore , Hubli and in Bangalore on Lalbagh road & ORR Marathahalli.

please log on to www.passportindia.gov.in and register , generate an ARN , pay online fees and TAKE AN APPOINTMENT. PLEASE CARRY PRINTOUT OF THIS APPOINTMENT AND A.R.N to the passport seva kendra along with ORIGINALS of required documents and self attested photocopies. FEB 15 APPOINTMENTS open at website on FEB 10 & MAR 15 APPOINTMENTS open at website on MAR 10.

smart hint : Generating ARN with help of Bangalore One centres around Bangalore is possible ! those underconfident of DIY of online stuff , please take their help!

IMPORTANTLY, I HOPE THE PASSPORTS ARRIVE BEFORE SUMMER VACATION !
gentle reminder to seek appointment early on Monday morning if you needed a passport FAST !
Old 13th March 2014, 22:16   #1432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
December I decided to get my wife's passport corrected and remade ( hers was before marriage with her maiden name ), 8 years down the line she never travelled abroad and in the mean while we had 2 kids - aged 5 and 1 ). So now family vacations abroad were long due and it was high time I got this out of the way.

I had no marriage certificate also.

My first phonecall was to an agent who helps you with all this and gets you an appointment at PSK Ghaziabad. Getting 3 together at the same time / day is a pain and since I was in no hurry I said no problem. We got a date after 2 months on Feb 18th for all 3 at 9:30 AM.

I got a marriage cert made in 200 rupees. All original documents + birth certificates + pass books etc etc and made a bunch and at 9:30 presented ourselves in the PSK. A total of 3 sections - A/B/C - and all 3 together so a total of 9 stops with a lot of documents in arm and we were out by 10 : 45. A record time.

In 2 weeks the Police Verification done by a young Cop from the local Station. And today LIU investigator came.

But these were fresh passports hence the enquiry otherwise I am told it needs no enquiry also.

Now I will wait for the passports to arrive ( fingers crossed soon )

Will update.
So exactly 25 days later I have the 3 passports with me. All are ok and no mistakes. The new passports are different than the older ones.

Brilliant job by PSK and TATA.
Old 18th March 2014, 18:46   #1433
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to get a date with the PSK Pune but the dates are 45 days apart. If I apply today, I am getting an appointment for 6th of May.

If I apply under Tatkal, will the appointment date be earlier ?
Old 18th March 2014, 20:01   #1434
Distinguished - BHPian

From what I have gone thru in the PSK website, seems we can NOT schedule a date as per our convenience. We need to select the date which is available and then later re-schedule it if the date is not OK for us.

Is it the same in both normal scheme and Tatkal too ?
Old 20th March 2014, 11:01   #1435
BHPian

Hi Guys!

I have applied for my Wife's passport renewal at Thane PSK under "General" category (Also paid online for General fee). However due to some exigency I wish to change that to "Tatkal".

Can I do this online or at the PSK counter. Is it possible to change that at all?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 24th March 2014, 15:15   #1436
Distinguished - BHPian

I have submitted my application and want to schedule an appointment. While selecting, I see the date for which slot is available. And then I see the instruction that "Make payment..."

Can I choose the slots atleast? Coz, I am planning to schedule a "Tatkaal" appointment for Saturday, preferably in the afternoon. Would I be able to choose a good slot, based on the availability?
Old 24th March 2014, 15:56   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
I have submitted my application and want to schedule an appointment. While selecting, I see the date for which slot is available. And then I see the instruction that "Make payment..."

Can I choose the slots atleast? Coz, I am planning to schedule a "Tatkaal" appointment for Saturday, preferably in the afternoon. Would I be able to choose a good slot, based on the availability?
For normal appointment, you dont have a say in the "slot" timings. After making payment, the system will give you the generated slot.

For tatkaal, understand the bookings are open only after 18:30 hours in BLR. Correct me if I am wrong, and in that doubt if you have a choice of time slot choosing. Never explored tatkaal though.
Old 27th March 2014, 14:38   #1438
BHPian

Hi All,

My friend who has stayed who has stayed more than a year in US has come back to Bangalore. He needs to travel back but his visa stamping will not happen since he has less than 6 months of validity and needs to renew the passport. In the document advisor requirements, he has only an active bank account and nothing else. Also, his previous passport was issued from hyderabad and he doesn't have any proofs for his hyderabad address also. How can he get his visa extended ?

Thanks,
Krishna
Old 28th March 2014, 17:46   #1439
BHPian

Hi All, I have applied for my wife's renewal and son's passport (minor) today at 4:00 PM at Thane PSK and at 5:30 PM I have received SMS that both the passports have gone for printing. Does it mean that my wife's passport would be dispatched before police verification?
Old 28th March 2014, 18:44   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevanur View Post
Hi All,

My friend who has stayed who has stayed more than a year in US has come back to Bangalore. He needs to travel back but his visa stamping will not happen since he has less than 6 months of validity and needs to renew the passport. In the document advisor requirements, he has only an active bank account and nothing else. Also, his previous passport was issued from hyderabad and he doesn't have any proofs for his hyderabad address also. How can he get his visa extended ?

Thanks,
Krishna
His bank statements for last one year (endorsed by the bank)+ bank passbook (with pic) will serve as address proof.Ask him to take a letter from his current employer mentioning his DOJ and his current address, this will serve as second address proof.Ask him to carry employer's letter and bank statements in original to the PSK.

Waseem

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hi All, I have applied for my wife's renewal and son's passport (minor) today at 4:00 PM at Thane PSK and at 5:30 PM I have received SMS that both the passports have gone for printing. Does it mean that my wife's passport would be dispatched before police verification?

Yes.Passport dispatches for renewals and PV are parallel process.

Waseem.

Most Viewed