Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 15:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Just back after enquiring about the documents required for renewal from bangalore one office. So here goes the list

1. 3 passport photographs with white background
2. Attested SSLC marks card (for DOB proof) - 2 copies
3. copies of the first and last 4 pages the previous passport - 2 copies each
4. In case there is address change from the previous passport then
a. 1 year bank statement which has your current residence address or
b. Gas voucher + Gas bill. In case of gas voucher it needs to be attested or
c. Telephone landline bill statement

5. Case your spouse name has to be included the 2 copies of attested marriage certificates.

you will need to carry all originals while submitting the form.

The charge for this is 1000 Rs and bangalore one claims that one will recieve the renewed passport in 35-40 days after the submission of the forms.
Are all photocopies need to be attested before submission to bangalore one office.
Old 26th May 2010, 11:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my wife applied for her passport renewal on 11th April. We also went to the Bannerghatta police station and got the formalities etc done on 10th May. As per the officer at the PS, the papers were sent back to RPO on 11th May. But so far, the passport application status is still showing that the Passport Office has not received the police verification report.
Any idea what can be done to trace where the bottleneck is?
Tried calling the PP office but no one answers the phone.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:35   #48
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone tried to get the passport in Bangalore using the new online system?
Old 26th May 2010, 12:38   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Guys, my wife applied for her passport renewal on 11th April. We also went to the Bannerghatta police station and got the formalities etc done on 10th May. As per the officer at the PS, the papers were sent back to RPO on 11th May. But so far, the passport application status is still showing that the Passport Office has not received the police verification report.
Any idea what can be done to trace where the bottleneck is?
Tried calling the PP office but no one answers the phone.
Welcome to the world of Passport renewal fiasco that is so rampant in almost all cities of our country.

Every single day I read complaints from folks in TOI who have applied for renewal of their passports have not received it even after 6 months-8 months.

I am not sure why you have to personally go to PS to complete the formalities? Out here in Hyderabad, a policeman will drop into the residence for verification and then submit the report to passport office.

In my case, i have applied for a renewal ( expiring on July 7th, 2010) about a month ago and till date no policeman turned up for even verification and i am sure my passport will not reach me after being renewed for atleast 6 months ( you see, i am mentally prepared)
Old 26th May 2010, 13:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
Hi,

Has anyone tried to get the passport in Bangalore using the new online system?
I thought the online system is only for booking an appointment with the RPO? And that too for a limited types of cases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Welcome to the world of Passport renewal fiasco that is so rampant in almost all cities of our country.

Every single day I read complaints from folks in TOI who have applied for renewal of their passports have not received it even after 6 months-8 months.

I am not sure why you have to personally go to PS to complete the formalities? Out here in Hyderabad, a policeman will drop into the residence for verification and then submit the report to passport office.

In my case, i have applied for a renewal ( expiring on July 7th, 2010) about a month ago and till date no policeman turned up for even verification and i am sure my passport will not reach me after being renewed for atleast 6 months ( you see, i am mentally prepared)
When i had renewed my passport, a police constable had come to my apartment and told me to gather two neighbours as witnesses and come to the police station. The rest of the formalities were completed there.
In my wife's case, we decided to go to the police station on our own, since the system showed that the file had been sent to the PS. And rightly so, the file was sitting there.

You should also try out at your local police station to see if they have received your file.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Just a small question guys

What if you are not living in the present address for last 1 year? My passport is up for renewal towards the end of this year and I have very recently relocated to Bangalore from Delhi (where it was issued). What additional docs / procedures to be followed in this case?
Old 26th May 2010, 14:14   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Just a small question guys

What if you are not living in the present address for last 1 year? My passport is up for renewal towards the end of this year and I have very recently relocated to Bangalore from Delhi (where it was issued). What additional docs / procedures to be followed in this case?
Assuming you have a own house in Delhi including ability to provide 2 neighbours as witness, it is safer to apply for the renewal from home state ( in your case Delhi) along with your Blore residence, proof of your working in the company etc.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

My daughter's passport need to be renewed and I require extra booklet for my passport. Is attestation mandatory for the document copies? Why do they need it when we are also submitting the original documents for verification? How do you guys get them attested?
Old 27th May 2010, 19:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

I talked to passport officer here in Blore. For renewal, if the previous address of stay is the same as that of the passport (assuming the stay at current address is less than 1 year) police verification is not required for the previous address.
Old 29th May 2010, 21:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I thought the online system is only for booking an appointment with the RPO? And that too for a limited types of cases?
the online system is for all services (new passport, reissue and PCC). you've mentioned you went to Bannerghatta police station. Do you stay anywhere near Gottigere.
Old 31st May 2010, 15:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
I talked to passport officer here in Blore. For renewal, if the previous address of stay is the same as that of the passport (assuming the stay at current address is less than 1 year) police verification is not required for the previous address.
So how do they veify if the previous address is same as that mentioned in the passport? A person might have changed addresses umpteen number of times in the last 10 years.

I cant understand why even current address is required!! Why cant they just take the permanant address and be happy (and let people also be happy). Nobody is sure of remaining at a single place their whole life. (Although permanant address can also change in strictest sense but still it is going to be a bit more 'permanant' than current address!)
Old 31st May 2010, 15:49   #57
BHPian

I suggest a simple method.

just apply in tatkal and you will get your passport delivered in 4 working days. ( you will pay 1000 bucks more thats it )

You need one recomendation letter from the manager of any nationalised banks or a DCP of police and an Affidatvit as per annexure 4.

or you need min 3 documents out of the 14 listed in the application form and 1 being an Photo ID card and an affidavit as per annexure 4.

2 self attested copies of all support documents, copies of old passport

If married and Spouse has a passport of your current residing address then attach it.

this should be enough and no hazzles of police verification and other headaches.

this is how i got my passport renewed which had expired.

there is new passport seva kendra that is opened near Urvashi theater.
enquire there for more details.

And for renewal of Passports, applications has to be submitted in the RPO and bangalore one centers will not accept it.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the online system is for all services (new passport, reissue and PCC). you've mentioned you went to Bannerghatta police station. Do you stay anywhere near Gottigere.
Can you provide a link please?
Yes. I stay at Mantri Residency, close to Meenakshi temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmohankumar View Post
I suggest a simple method.

just apply in tatkal and you will get your passport delivered in 4 working days. ( you will pay 1000 bucks more thats it )

You need one recomendation letter from the manager of any nationalised banks or a DCP of police and an Affidatvit as per annexure 4.

or you need min 3 documents out of the 14 listed in the application form and 1 being an Photo ID card and an affidavit as per annexure 4.

2 self attested copies of all support documents, copies of old passport

If married and Spouse has a passport of your current residing address then attach it.

this should be enough and no hazzles of police verification and other headaches.

this is how i got my passport renewed which had expired.

there is new passport seva kendra that is opened near Urvashi theater.
enquire there for more details.

And for renewal of Passports, applications has to be submitted in the RPO and bangalore one centers will not accept it.
Thats very helpful!
But the BangaloreOne center in JP Nagar accepted my wife's application for renewal. Maybe because it was more a re-issue (address change) than a renewal.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:39   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Can you provide a link please?
Yes. I stay at Mantri Residency, close to Meenakshi temple.
you can chk the following link.
http://www.passportindia.gov.in/
Can you please tell me the complete address of Bannerghatta police station that you mentioned in your application. I need to mention in my PCC form.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you can chk the following link.
http://www.passportindia.gov.in/
Can you please tell me the complete address of Bannerghatta police station that you mentioned in your application. I need to mention in my PCC form.
Thanks.
I had mentioned it as "Bannerghatta Road Police Station" only on the application

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks