Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 15:11   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Can you kindly clarify if this is only on the photocopies?
I hope by photocopies you mean the supporting documents reqd along with the main forms. If so, then no. However for minor's passport application, parents have to sign on each supporting document (Self attestation).

And should the signature of both the parents required ? Or only of the parent whose passport is attached with the application form ?

Yes both parents signatures are required even if only one parent has a passport .

And on the photocopies also, should the thumb impression be horizontal ?

No not on photocopies, on the personal particular form (in duplicate) the thumb impression should be vertical, whereas on the form 1 first page on the left hand side of the photo there is a box where the thumb impression has to be in horizontal.

Do we need to carry any photos ?
Its always better to keep some spare photo copies.
My comments in bold. Hope this helps.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:15   #137
BHPian

I have renewed my passport recently. It was initially issued from Kerala and got it renewed/reissued from Bangalore. I have submitted my address proof in Bangalore and marriage certificate to add my spouse in the passport. I did it via Bangalore One (Indira Nagar) and it took around 25 days.
Old 3rd December 2010, 22:52   #138
BHPian

My sister got her passport renewed abroad & she has been issued a passport starting with the Z series in Oct 2010(passport no starts with Z 02).

Should that be a matter of concern now in 2010,as many of you would know that the Z series passports had been recalled in 2008.
Old 4th December 2010, 00:34   #139
BHPian

Nope, I renewed my passport in Chennai in April 2010 - my # starts with the Z series.

I have made at-least 20 trips overseas since April this year.....no worries.
Old 13th December 2010, 08:41   #140
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Finally the applications for my wife's reissue and son's new passport were submitted yesterday. Learnt a lot of things in process:
1) In wife's application case - any residence proof in name of husband not accepted. Had to submit Bank Joint account passbook copies (3 trips to bank to get the passbook, hadn't taken for the past 2.5 yrs since account opening)
2) In son's case: Left hand thumb impression has to be accompanied by parent's signatures. Also I had got the thumb print on the first page of Form1 vertically whereas horizontal impression is required. The charges were in fact 600/- only whereas the online application showed 1000/-.
3) In both case where ever applicable No should be written instead of putting a dash mark.
4) The Thane office have files of different colour for normal & tatkal processing. In our case both the applications were put in tatkal files. Had to get it changed to normal processing.

Finally got the File nos, now the wait begins for the process to start & end.
Finally my wife's new passport arrived. Was suprised to receive it within 15 working days and that too without any Police verification. One thing which made me uneasy was the absence of the ECNR Not required page. I was zapped to see it missing. Called up the Passport office and enquired about the same and was told that ECNR has been discontinued for professionals and is applicable only for illiterates & below 10th pass people. Can some one who recently got their passport confirm the same please?

The mere thought of a missing page gave me goosebumps of revisiting the passport office for correction means a possibility of delay.

Meanwhile my son's passport is awaited.
Old 13th December 2010, 09:00   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally my wife's new passport arrived. Was suprised to receive it within 15 working days and that too without any Police verification. One thing which made me uneasy was the absence of the ECNR Not required page. I was zapped to see it missing. Called up the Passport office and enquired about the same and was told that ECNR has been discontinued for professionals and is applicable only for illiterates & below 10th pass people. Can some one who recently got their passport confirm the same please?

The mere thought of a missing page gave me goosebumps of revisiting the passport office for correction means a possibility of delay.

Meanwhile my son's passport is awaited.

ECNR is not stamped for a while now. Only for ECR they explicitly stamp it. So, dont worry.

Whats your sons age? I heard minors do not need Police verification, but see that my son & daughter [8 and 5 yrs resp] file is under process and waiting for police verification.

Did you had any police verification done for minors as well?

Anyone recently renewed their passport from chennai office? I applied for my kids on October 12 and still its not done. Just wondering why so much delay. Is it normal for chennai?

Last edited by mjothi : 13th December 2010 at 09:03.
Old 13th December 2010, 09:29   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ECNR is not stamped for a while now. Only for ECR they explicitly stamp it. So, dont worry.
Thanks for the info. Relieved now.

Quote:
Whats your sons age? I heard minors do not need Police verification, but see that my son & daughter [8 and 5 yrs resp] file is under process and waiting for police verification
You are right, minors dont need any police verification if both parents have their passports. But otherwise also minor's dont need police verific ation. My son is 3.5 yrs old. The status on the website shows to be despatched on 7th Dec, but till date no despatch details.

Quote:
Anyone recently renewed their passport from chennai office? I applied for my kids on October 12 and still its not done. Just wondering why so much delay. Is it normal for chennai?
Did you check at Chennai passport office status website?
Old 13th December 2010, 16:49   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Relieved now.

You are right, minors dont need any police verification if both parents have their passports. But otherwise also minor's dont need police verific ation. My son is 3.5 yrs old. The status on the website shows to be despatched on 7th Dec, but till date no despatch details.

Did you check at Chennai passport office status website?
Thats strange. Both of us have the passport and have provided the copy while applying. So, wondering why police verification. Not just now, last time when I first applied for my son when he was 5yrs, same procedure.

Anyway, the status page keeps smiling saying its under process. And they never update it on time.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:26   #144
BHPian

Quote:
1) In wife's application case - any residence proof in name of husband not accepted. Had to submit Bank Joint account passbook copies (3 trips to bank to get the passbook, hadn't taken for the past 2.5 yrs since account opening)
can someone please confirm if a joint bank account passbook copies are mandatory. I was informed by bangaloreone guys that only the husband's residence proof and bank statement is sufficient.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:36   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
can someone please confirm if a joint bank account passbook copies are mandatory. I was informed by bangaloreone guys that only the husband's residence proof and bank statement is sufficient.
If the husband is applying then the proof in the name of husband is sufficient, if its for wife then the proof bearing wife's name is mandatory. For eg electricity bill or property tax bill in the name of the wife is enough as proof.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:48   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
can someone please confirm if a joint bank account passbook copies are mandatory.
Quote:
If the husband is applying then the proof in the name of husband is sufficient, if its for wife then the proof bearing wife's name is mandatory. For eg electricity bill or property tax bill in the name of the wife is enough as proof.
The bank passbook copy is not mandatory if you have three other proofs.

1] Ration card - wife's name on it
2] wife's driving lisc if the name is as applied for passport
3] election voting card,

If you do not have one or more from above list, then bank passbook with one year record is checked, if its joint account or wife's saving account, that will be sufficient.

If you do not have proper records, affidavit will work, the proforma of that affidavit is available on passport site.
Old 13th December 2010, 18:22   #147
Senior - BHPian

Guys, if the status of your application in the website is being shown as 'in process', please visit the passport office and see the officer in person. They are not issuing passports in Pune without meeting the applicant first.

It happened to me when I renewed my passport a few months back. I waited for over a month after the police verification. All that time, the status was 'in process'.

Once I met the officer and signed the application again before him, my passport was processed and I got it delivered in 6 days.
Old 13th December 2010, 19:59   #148
Senior - BHPian

I do not know about other cities, but Delhi Passport Office has an excellent site http://passport.gov.in/delhi.html
Some useful links
Instructions-Guidelines and Instructions
Check list
Frequently Asked Questions

I applied online for renewal. Filled the form, and got a date. Submitted all the documents required (photo copies), and got them verified against originals. That was all. Got the passport back in two months! My son got it in 3 working days under Tatkal Scheme.

Some other offices taken at random
Regional Passport Office, Chennai
:: Welcome to Passport Office Kolkata ::
Trivandrum Passport - External Ministry

You can get relevant link by typing "passport office xxxxxxxx", where the last word is the city.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:18   #149
BHPian

I too applied for the passport of My wife and kid In shimla. to me it appears that rules are different for each passport office. I was keen to get the passport in tatkal for both of them and has got the verification letter from SDM of my area confirming her identity . Same was duly attached with application and annexture I ( affidavit ) but the officer accepting the application, rejected it saying that there should be 2 original copies of SD M's letter along with annexture . In the End , i has to go with normal application only as passport office is 6 hours drive from my place. on confirming with RPO the rule was confirmed and he assured me that it can be converted to Tatkal later on .

Has it been delhi , i could have easily got it done with single letter . what the rules say wrt to verification for a tatkal application .

Another thing is they insisted on getting my 3 year old son's police verification done as address in my passport is of DELHI . Is this true. do the kids needs to go through police verifications. another worrying factor is that where as my wife has received her police verification done , we are still waiting for Kid's application . both were applied on same day . pls help what can be done in this case...
Old 14th December 2010, 08:37   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
The bank passbook copy is not mandatory if you have three other proofs.

1] Ration card - wife's name on it
2] wife's driving lisc if the name is as applied for passport
3] election voting card,

If you do not have one or more from above list, then bank passbook with one year record is checked, if its joint account or wife's saving account, that will be sufficient.

If you do not have proper records, affidavit will work, the proforma of that affidavit is available on passport site.
+1 to that. In my case all the above three were not applicable, hence the joint account statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Guys, if the status of your application in the website is being shown as 'in process', please visit the passport office and see the officer in person. They are not issuing passports in Pune without meeting the applicant first.

It happened to me when I renewed my passport a few months back. I waited for over a month after the police verification. All that time, the status was 'in process'.

Once I met the officer and signed the application again before him, my passport was processed and I got it delivered in 6 days.
Thats news to me. I might have to visit the passport office if this is the case. But why would a child's passport be still under process if the parents passport are provided as proof. Anyways I will contact the guys and try to find out.

Most Viewed