Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2010, 10:45   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Has it been delhi , i could have easily got it done with single letter . what the rules say wrt to verification for a tatkal application .
I think that smaller passport offices send the documents to the Regional Passport Office for processing, hence at times they insist two sets of documents, one for their office and one for the processing centre. Though in today's computerised age they have all documents in an online database accessible anywhere?
Old 24th December 2010, 12:19   #152

hmm... this site is much better with info: Attachment Advisor

I think a lot of people get delayed because of the ONE YEAR requirement for address proof:
Quote:
One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook of running bank account (Scheduled Commercial bank excluding Regional Rural banks and local area banks)
Old 7th January 2011, 13:54   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats news to me. I might have to visit the passport office if this is the case. But why would a child's passport be still under process if the parents passport are provided as proof. Anyways I will contact the guys and try to find out.
I had visited the Thane pasport office on 24th Dec regarding my son's passport and to my surprise the file had not moved at all since the application. The Asst Passport officer also did not have any convincing reply to the delay. I was later asked to submit my wife's new passport copy to expedite. I was assured by the Asst Passport Officer that the passport would be delivered within a week and before New year but till date I have not recd.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 5th February 2011 at 23:43. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 17th January 2011, 08:10   #154
Senior - BHPian

An Update:

I received my son's passport last Tuesday. However on Saturday I got a note from the local police station regarding the verification of documents for mu son's passport application. Although I have already recd the passport does it make sense to visit the police station for verification. Either the cops dont know that I have recd the passport or they have recd the application form very late.

Very confused, what to do.
Old 17th January 2011, 09:10   #155
BHPian

Quote:
An Update:

I received my son's passport last Tuesday. However on Saturday I got a note from the local police station regarding the verification of documents for mu son's passport application. Although I have already recd the passport does it make sense to visit the police station for verification. Either the cops dont know that I have recd the passport or they have recd the application form very late.

Very confused, what to do.
Visit the police station for verification. It does happen sometimes. Like in my case, I received the PP and later there was a visit by the policeman for verification. They said that my PP application was pushed along with a bunch of tatkaal applications. Now they are doing the verification. Its a different story that they might need something, but its always better to go by the law.
Old 17th January 2011, 10:46   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Visit the police station for verification. It does happen sometimes. Like in my case, I received the PP and later there was a visit by the policeman for verification. They said that my PP application was pushed along with a bunch of tatkaal applications. Now they are doing the verification. Its a different story that they might need something, but its always better to go by the law.
Thanks Lambuhere1 for the info. Just for cross verification I called up the Thane passport office and asked their opinion. They confirmed that I dont need to visit the police station for verification since both me and wife have a valid passport and no verification is required for minor.

I had not applied for the passport in tatkal scheme. When I had a word with the cops regarding the verification, they say in the event of non producing of the documents the file will be sent back to the passport office. I dont think this will in any way affect coz the passport is already issued.

Last edited by ghodlur : 17th January 2011 at 10:48.
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:37   #157
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Need help urgently. I had applied for UK visa under Tier 2 application (intra co transfer) and submitted all the documents to the UK visa VFS centre at Vile Parle on 18th Jan 2011. Today I recd my passport back but the entry refused with the reason being "Damaged passport" I checked the passport and found the last page lamination peeled to half of the page which I am sure was not the case when I had submitted the passport during the application. I am damn sure that my passport was mishandled by the VFS guys.

What options do I have? Will simply sticking the lamination do or would I have to report to the passport office? Do I have to resubmit the application?
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:07   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I checked the passport and found the last page lamination peeled to half of the page
What options do I have? Will simply sticking the lamination do or would I have to report to the passport office? Do I have to resubmit the application?
Apply for a Tatkaal passport immediately. It is never a good idea to try and repair your passport.
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:36   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Apply for a Tatkaal passport immediately. It is never a good idea to try and repair your passport.
I think that the only alternative left, but I would not do it without taking a fight with the VFS guys. Clearly a mismanagment from their side and it needs to brought to their notice.

On Tatkal passport, having a existing passport does it still require a Verification Certificate and notarized affadavit as mentioned in the website along with the other documents. Also the fees for replacing a damaged passport is 2500 + 2500 INR as mentioned in the website.
Curse those VFS guys.
Old 5th February 2011, 21:04   #160
BHPian

I had a similar issue with my Indian passport a few years ago. Took it to the consulate and they re laminated the page in 20 mins. Its a common issue, know of more people who had it.
Old 5th February 2011, 22:37   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Need help urgently. I had applied for UK visa under Tier 2 application (intra co transfer) and submitted all the documents to the UK visa VFS centre at Vile Parle on 18th Jan 2011. Today I recd my passport back but the entry refused with the reason being "Damaged passport" I checked the passport and found the last page lamination peeled to half of the page which I am sure was not the case when I had submitted the passport during the application. I am damn sure that my passport was mishandled by the VFS guys.

Buddy from my past experience on the same issue, the best way is to catch hold of an agent outside the passport office and ask him to get it done. Don't pay more than 3K for the same, he will get it done in 15 mins. The big passport offices(not all) in India have the lamination machine for the same present in their basement, so double check with someone whether the office at your location has that lamination machine or not. Of course under no circumstances should you try to get it laminated from outside.
You are lucky, I got sent back from the airport just before boarding my flight to Europe due to this issue
Old 7th February 2011, 11:36   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Buddy from my past experience on the same issue, the best way is to catch hold of an agent outside the passport office and ask him to get it done. Don't pay more than 3K for the same, he will get it done in 15 mins. The big passport offices(not all) in India have the lamination machine for the same present in their basement, so double check with someone whether the office at your location has that lamination machine or not. Of course under no circumstances should you try to get it laminated from outside.
You are lucky, I got sent back from the airport just before boarding my flight to Europe due to this issue
I checked with the Passport office, Thane. They clearly stated that they dont relaminate the passport. Checked for the same with the agents outside the passport office, same reply. I know the passport guys would not want to waste an oppurtunity to make some big bucks in this case (read Tatkal) but how safe would it be to involve an agent. Also if the lamination quality fails in between my assignment in UK, I would be stranded. Would it not be better to spend 5k to get a new passport and have a peace of mind.
Old 7th February 2011, 19:18   #163
A.R
BHPian

I was going to submit an application for my passport reissue and was told Bangalore One does not accept the applications any more due to the sheer backlog numbe. Is this true?
Old 7th February 2011, 19:40   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
I was going to submit an application for my passport reissue and was told Bangalore One does not accept the applications any more due to the sheer backlog numbe. Is this true?
Are you referring to the manual application or the online registration? If its online registration, then there must be an issue with the website. It cannot be the case that applications are stopped due to backlog.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:09   #165
A.R
BHPian

The manual applications submitted through Bangalore One - a Govt. of Karnataka authorized body for this and many other services like billpay, PAN application etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks