Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 20:52   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Do you know what is the procedure to get it corrected?
For me, I identified it within a day of receipt, so they just endorsed the correction in next page, with all stamps and signatures as an OBSERVATION correction. No new form or charges, Very simple process intentionally turned complicated by people there, though Passport Officer is very very helpful(at least the one who issued my passport), people under him are hopeless.

If you are getting something corrected after some time, there is a full process for it

ALSO make sure they change it in system as well

Last edited by rkbharat : 11th July 2011 at 20:58.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:29   #362
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, did you face any question during VISA process because of this observation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
If you are getting something corrected after some time, there is a full process for it
Do you have any links/pointers for that process?
Old 12th July 2011, 12:23   #363
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Another update on whats happened to my wife's passport:

My wife's passport application was submitted via normal method on 26th May as was written about earlier on this thread.
After a bit of local pushing she did the verification process at the local police station personally on June 7th. The local police sent off the application and uploaded the data on 9th June. The local chap told us if we wanted to push the paper, that we had to visit the Commissioners office and quote the ref no and they would help out.
Between 9th June and 20th June my wife visited the Police Commissioner's office twice and both times was dealt with in a highly impolite manner by the people there. They dont even have common courtesy to speak to a lady it seems. Obviously nothing happened despite this effort.
We went in the beginning of July to our local police station and asked them the status. They shared all the above details with us. We understood that it had apparently reached the Police Commissioners office and got stuck there for 20 days on account of the backlog. I then got hold of and spoke to the person at the Commissioners office, who actually enters the data and moves the file applications to the RPO. He said he had a daily backlog of 2300 passports to clear and was sorry but this application was delayed. He told me then that he had cleared my wife's application only on 28th June as per the first come first served rule!
The passport application was then sent to the Regional Passport office by 4th July where it is still sitting at the moment.
I guess the RPO will get around to it eventually (probably again on the first come, first served basis). We now hope her passport will reach us sometime in the next 2 weeks.
All in all - it has taken approx 45-60 days procedure under this normal quota.
Possibly on account of the backlog, because as we understand it, the normal time taken should be no more than 35-40 days max!
This was to do with a passport reissual - we simply needed to include spouse name, change of address and have a new jumbo booklet issued.
It has taken absolutely ages!
This is a really lousy state of affairs in Bangalore, I must say!
Old 12th July 2011, 14:47   #364
Senior - BHPian

Is a police verification done in cases of passport renewal/re-issue with address change ? RPO bangalore website says it's not required :

RPO : Reissue Of Passports

No police verification will be necessary for renewal/re-issue of passport. For passports issued at other offices, a confirmation of particulars will be required from the original issuing authority.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 12th July 2011 at 14:48.
Old 12th July 2011, 16:09   #365
Senior - BHPian

Found this on the pib website Press Information Bureau English Releases

Re-issue cases: Passports would be renewed/reissued for a period of 10 years within three working days under Tatkal scheme on payment of additional fee of Rs. 1500/-. Alternatively, passports would be renewed/reissued for 10 years on payment of normal fee of Rs. 1000/- within a maximum period of 15 days from the date of application. Further, in the absence of anything adverse against the applicant in the notice of PIA, no police verification will be required for renewal/reissue of a passport. In the case of change of address of an applicant, only a document establishing the latest address would be insisted upon.

Mere change of address will not warrant police verification.

Old 12th July 2011, 19:19   #366
BANNED

conflicting information everywhere!! the bane of our lives.

In this case my Wife's passport was originally issued in another city prior to her moving to Bangalore.
When we went for passport reissual application I had requested them to upgrade us into the Tatkal mode by paying the difference.
I was upgraded without a problem as my details were already present in their system as my passport had been renewed earlier in Bangalore and all details were present and correct.
I have written about this in the earlier posts.
Unfortunately in my wife's case the passport details were NOT present or accessible in their system and hence they said they absolutely had to go through with the address verification process. Owing to this point they were unable to give her the Tatkal mode and she was forced to go the Normal route.
Unfortunate, but owing to clear and present inconsistencies in this whole governmental process with the passport rigmarole, across the length and breadth of the country, we, the citizens of India, have to go through all this irritation and time wastage! On constantly checking the Passport Seva website for status updates we only come to realize that even the web updates move at a glacial pace!
Our system really is rubbish and I dont think it is going to change in a month of Sundays as long as we have a loutish bureaucracy which encourages babu-dom, tin gods and inefficient business practices! All this after paying bombs of money to the blasted Taxman!
Lousy business indeed!
But as they say, when the process is inevitable, then simply lie back and watch! The virtue of patience is well worth cultivating in the dear old Indian scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Is a police verification done in cases of passport renewal/re-issue with address change ? RPO bangalore website says it's not required :

RPO : Reissue Of Passports

No police verification will be necessary for renewal/re-issue of passport. For passports issued at other offices, a confirmation of particulars will be required from the original issuing authority.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th July 2011 at 19:21.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 13:22   #367
BHPian

The online status for my passport reissue states PR FILED NULL, waited for 1 month for any police verification, but no one turned up. Yesterday went to the police station and asked if there would be any verification for passport reissue, he told YES. Then I searched for the form and I found my application was there, then filled a sheet and put my signature and thumb impression on it. He told that he will return it to the passport office, hope will get my passport soon.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:00   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
The online status for my passport reissue states PR FILED NULL, waited for 1 month for any police verification, but no one turned up. Yesterday went to the police station and asked if there would be any verification for passport reissue, he told YES. Then I searched for the form and I found my application was there, then filled a sheet and put my signature and thumb impression on it. He told that he will return it to the passport office, hope will get my passport soon.
Received the passport last week, though the online status shows the same thing PR FILED NULL.
Though I went to the police station and signed the documents, before itself they have dispatched my passport. So don't know what's the purpose for police verification for reissue of passport. Anyway as committed they have sent the passport within 45 days of applying.
Old 21st July 2011, 19:07   #369
BANNED

so D Day has dawned. Last night my wife received the all important SMS that her passport had finally been despatched from the RPO! Date of issue 18th July. Normal Mode. Original Application done on 26th May. Passport received correct and in order in all respects via Speed Post today. Went and picked it up at the local post office who were good enough to hand it over to us.
All in all, we had applied in early April for the PSK appointment. That appointment was given for a date 45-50 days later. From the date of application 26th May, the passport has finally arrived today 21st July.
Effectively the TAT has been about 56 days.
More importantly the whole process has taken us close to 4 months!!
This is absolutely ridiculous by any standard - regardless of the number and weight of applications and the humongous back-log. I think it is about time the Ministry of External Affairs did something to speed things up at least in Bangalore where it appears the maximum number of applications happen!
Finally one can heave a sigh of relief though in our case. Atleast hopefully for a few more years one wont have to go through this horrible process again!
Old 21st July 2011, 19:29   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Effectively the TAT has been about 56 days.

More importantly the whole process has taken us close to 4 months!!
This is absolutely ridiculous by any standard - regardless of the number and weight of applications and the humongous back-log. I think it is about time the Ministry of External Affairs did something to speed things up at least in Bangalore where it appears the maximum number of applications happen!
Finally one can heave a sigh of relief though in our case. Atleast hopefully for a few more years one wont have to go through this horrible process again!
You are much better off than Hyderabad guys. In my case, I applied for re-issue 3 months ago and have still not received my passport. My status from July 4th (the day it was to be despatched per earlier post on their website) continues to be the same : 'owing to unavoidable circumstances, despatch has been delayed. We hope to despatch in a week's time'.

I am not sure if a 'week' in their lingo means a month or a year, going by the daily horror stories in the Times Of India. People who applied for re-issue in February are also reporting the same issue.

Also, the TOI says that Hyderabad gets the largest number of applications in Southern India---allegedly it is the second-largest in the country.
Old 22nd July 2011, 06:47   #371
BANNED

4 months taken from the date of application for appointment upto the date of receipt of passport is NOT better off in my opinion.
it is about time the MEA took some action to help the weary traveller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
You are much better off than Hyderabad guys. In my case, I applied for re-issue 3 months ago and have still not received my passport. My status from July 4th (the day it was to be despatched per earlier post on their website) continues to be the same : 'owing to unavoidable circumstances, despatch has been delayed. We hope to despatch in a week's time'.

I am not sure if a 'week' in their lingo means a month or a year, going by the daily horror stories in the Times Of India. People who applied for re-issue in February are also reporting the same issue.

Also, the TOI says that Hyderabad gets the largest number of applications in Southern India---allegedly it is the second-largest in the country.
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:56   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
All in all, we had applied in early April for the PSK appointment. That appointment was given for a date 45-50 days later.
I think the issue with appointment delay is resolved now. We will get the appointment in PSK(Bangalore) in very next day if we have tried morning around 8am. Looks like they will open the slots around at that time.

I had a very good experience with them yesterday(July 21st). I had applied for for my wife's passport reissue and my kids fresh passport.
1. Tried the appointment on July 20th 8.30 am after uploading 3 applications(wife, son & daughter)
2. Selected the 3pm to 3.45pm slot on 21st July at PSK outer ring road.
3. Went there at 2.30(that was the reporting time).
4. Since my kids applications are there along with my wife's reissue application, first we need to get a file number for my wife's application and latter use this in kid's application.
5. First verified wife's application and went to counter A, finished scanning, photos and fee payment. Got the file number.
6. Went to the verification counter again with kid's application, got verified.
7. Went to counter A with kid's application, got done.
5. Then to counter B & C, everything happened in proper sync.
6. Came out from there at 4.30pm with the ack receipt. Exactly 2 hours and we have done with 3 applications.

TCS guys are doing a really wonderful job there.
kavu75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:33   #373
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I think the issue with appointment delay is resolved now. We will get the appointment in PSK(Bangalore) in very next day if we have tried morning around 8am. Looks like they will open the slots around at that time.

I had a very good experience with them yesterday(July 21st). I had applied for for my wife's passport reissue and my kids fresh passport.
1. Tried the appointment on July 20th 8.30 am after uploading 3 applications(wife, son & daughter)
4. Since my kids applications are there along with my wife's reissue application, first we need to get a file number for my wife's application and latter use this in kid's application.
5. First verified wife's application and went to counter A, finished scanning, photos and fee payment. Got the file number.
6. Came out from there at 4.30pm with the ack receipt. Exactly 2 hours and we have done with 3 applications.

I have exactly similar situation where in i need to reissue it for my wife and need a fresh passport for my son 1.5 yr old.

Though you have given some info in your last post. Can you please give some detailed pointers about documents/photo specifications/do's/dont's and especially sequence of application to be followed?
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:04   #374
Senior - BHPian

When I was looking for an appointment for my mom's passport re-issue, initially I found the appointments to be available only after 30-40 days. When I tried again the same evening, I found that a slot had opened up the next day and booked it. I was trying for the appointment at PSK, Lalbagh road, but got it in PSK, Outer Ring Road. I was okay with it as long as it was in Bangalore.

And exactly after 20 days, my mom received her Passport.
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:43   #375
BHPian

Hi,

Thank you for posting the details.

I too have a similar case - reissue my passport adding wife and change of address + passport for my daughter. I need to upload 2 applications online right? What about the documents required? My current passport is from a different state. For Bangalore address proof I need to take color prints of bank statement for my old adress (only 6 months in current address). Hope that will suffice.

Apart from the call center do they have anyone at PSK outer ring road you can talk to before embarking on this?

Thank You

VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks