Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2011, 18:08   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
1) whats the current process to change address in PP? required documents for the same?

2)also is it mandatory to have at least one of the parent's PP to show the address while applying for a fresh PP for an infant/ child? or should the address be the same in PP for both the parents?

Thanks in advance.

1. Try this link.

Passport Seva Portal

Its very useful.

2. Normally, both passports should be of same address. But it all depends on the APO/RPO in seat.
Old 8th November 2011, 14:04   #452
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,
I have applied for a new passport after I damaged mine, I applied on 20th Sept and everything seems to be progressing well.
Last week when I checked for the status online I got a message saying "Police report is clear and passport will be dispatched by 29 November 2011...".
Since I am in a hurry as I am expected to travel mid December I went to the passport office just to see if I can expedite the procedure.

Spoke to the passport officer about the same and he called for the file but somehow they could not find it, after a lot of waiting and unfortunate palm greasing I was told that if they cannot find the file that means the passport has gone for printing. Happy with this I came back home.

Then around Friday when I checked the status again I now see a message "Your application is in process.". Seeing this I called my agent who tells me that I can now expect my passport any moment.

Not sure whether this is true. Can anyone here help me with what exactly the new status means?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:14   #453
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Any pointers here please? I am really getting very anxious to know the exact status of my passport.

Kind regards
Old 11th November 2011, 10:07   #454
Team-BHP Support

I was trying to book an appointment for resissue of passport, and it seems to be quite a challenging process. First there is the rigmarole of entering the captcha text over and over again! Finally, i got around to the message which said no slots available.

I had some queries :
  • What is the best time to try for slots, and also for how many days is the window between the appointment and the appearance date?
  • Do i need to upload the supporting documents in advance before the interview?
Old 11th November 2011, 11:08   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
What is the best time to try for slots, and also for how many days is the window between the appointment and the appearance date?
Appointments open up at 8 AM in the morning. I think they open up for the next week or so.

Quote:
Do i need to upload the supporting documents in advance before the interview?
Not necessary, the TCS employee in the PSK will do it for you. I uploaded the documents before my interview, but the TCS employee uploaded it again because I had to sign in the copies before uploading. I am not sure if you can sign and upload yourself (before the appointment date) or you have to sign before the TCS employee. It is best if you do not upload at all.
ajayr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 12:54   #456
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Appointments open up at 8 AM in the morning. I think they open up for the next week or so.
So, would it mean that for next week, the appointments would be open from 8AM on Monday, or is it that these would have been opened the previous week itself?
Old 11th November 2011, 12:58   #457
BHPian

Quote:
So, would it mean that for next week, the appointments would be open from 8AM on Monday, or is it that these would have been opened the previous week itself?
I am not sure exactly how it works, but I know that new appointments open at 8 AM. So if you now see that there are no available appointments, just login tomorrow morning at 8 AM and check for which dates appoinments have opened up. You should be able to get a date within a week or max 10 days unlike earlier where we had to wait for more than a month, just to get the appointment.
Old 11th November 2011, 15:02   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • What is the best time to try for slots, and also for how many days is the window between the appointment and the appearance date?
I just did this last week. Officially it is suppose to be open by 8AM of previous day of appointment. But, it mostly opens 6pm one more day before.

So, I just logged in the site on Sunday evening at 6PM, entered the captcha, and boom. I got the slots for 9:00 to 9:45am on Tuesday. it was submitted on this Tuesday 8th nov.

The site is not open for appointment on Friday and Saturday.

Quote:
  • Do i need to upload the supporting documents in advance before the interview?
Better do it. I did this just to avoid delay. But no harm for not doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
I am not sure exactly how it works, but I know that new appointments open at 8 AM. So if you now see that there are no available appointments, just login tomorrow morning at 8 AM and check for which dates appoinments have opened up. You should be able to get a date within a week or max 10 days unlike earlier where we had to wait for more than a month, just to get the appointment.
The first slot for appointment starts from 9AM. Not 8AM.

The reporting time is 30min before the appointment time. So, 8:30am the security will allow you to enter for 9am appointment. 9:30am for 10Am appointment etc...

Also, you cannot get a date of choice. You have no option to choose dates. You can only choose the time slots for THAT one day. If you miss, repeat it every day

Last edited by mjothi : 11th November 2011 at 15:05.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 16:02   #459
BHPian

Man! The re-issue of passport thing is driving me crazy!!

I had submitted my passport for name correction, address change and spouse name inclusion on August 22nd and since then, the status on the passport portal shows "Sent for Police verification" and nothing is happening.

When I called passport support toll free number, they asked me to check if the file has arrived at the police station near my home. But, the police station guys say that they will call me if they get the file!! When I mentioned that it's already more than 2 months since I submitted my passport, they casually say that the people are waiting since 6 months!!

Because of non-availability of my passport, I am facing lots of issues at work place and I am helpless and frustrated. I am regretting my decision to get these corrections done as I could have managed without those changes. . .

Is there a way to find out where my file is???

Last edited by whitesquall : 11th November 2011 at 16:03.
Old 11th November 2011, 17:49   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was trying to book an appointment for resissue of passport, and it seems to be quite a challenging process.....
Do i need to upload the supporting documents in advance before the interview?.....
Benny, probably you are not lucky enough
My wife got the re-issue done in 10 days flat in the normal mode itself. She used the PSK official site for the entire thing. Never uploaded any documents online. Got the appointment on 1st November 10.30am slot (10am reporting) and the passport is home yesterday 10th. Her expired passport had Mumbai address and issued there in the old name (surname difference pre-wedding). So, in brief it was re-issue with name change and address change all in 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
.....it's already more than 2 months since I submitted my passport, they casually say that the people are waiting since 6 months.....
Dont take that statement just like that, there is something fishy. Maximum delay right now is 30 days, it can not go beyond that. Thats the major change I have heard and seen around after PSK is formed and the outsourcing is taken up by TCS. Dont you have a tracking number ? Dont rely on the support numbers, go and meet someone in charge and check the situation. It could be a one off case.
Old 11th November 2011, 18:11   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Benny, probably you are not lucky enough
My wife got the re-issue done in 10 days flat in the normal mode itself. She used the PSK official site for the entire thing. Never uploaded any documents online. Got the appointment on 1st November 10.30am slot (10am reporting) and the passport is home yesterday 10th. Her expired passport had Mumbai address and issued there in the old name (surname difference pre-wedding). So, in brief it was re-issue with name change and address change all in 10 days.
It depends on the pre or post verification of police I guess. Does this 10 days include the police verification?
Old 11th November 2011, 18:13   #462
BHPian

A quick update to those who might be visiting the PSK - Please ensure you carry two address proof documents. It turns out that people who had only one (as mentioned in the online checklist) were not allowed. So to be on safer side, take two address proofs.
Old 11th November 2011, 18:15   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
It depends on the pre or post verification of police I guess. Does this 10 days include the police verification?
No Jothi, nobody called to verify and its the normal mode not tatkal. I heard tatkal skips the verification, not sure how true is that. I had done my re-issue last year before the formation of PSK, submitted through Bangalore One and I was called to the police station for varification, but still the entire process took only 30 days !
Old 12th November 2011, 14:08   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Jothi, nobody called to verify and its the normal mode not tatkal. I heard tatkal skips the verification, not sure how true is that. I had done my re-issue last year before the formation of PSK, submitted through Bangalore One and I was called to the police station for varification, but still the entire process took only 30 days !

You can check the acknowledgement slip. It will mention the mode of police verification. PRE - for pre-verification to be completed before issueing passport, and POST for otherwise.

Its also for Normal.
Old 14th November 2011, 15:50   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Dont take that statement just like that, there is something fishy. Maximum delay right now is 30 days, it can not go beyond that. Thats the major change I have heard and seen around after PSK is formed and the outsourcing is taken up by TCS. Dont you have a tracking number ? Dont rely on the support numbers, go and meet someone in charge and check the situation. It could be a one off case.
@shajufx: Thanks for the response. I also think there is something fishy but, I don't know how to prove it!! I do have tracking number and I regularly check the status of my application in passport portal but, the status is same since day 1.

I police says, I have to go to them ONLY when they call. They are not entertaining me going and enquiring. Is there any other way of tracking the file?

PS: In earlier 2 occassions (fresh, renewal) I got my passport within 10-15 days. But, this time I don't know what's wrong.

Last edited by whitesquall : 14th November 2011 at 15:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks