Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2012, 20:57   #766
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAK View Post
Now I am really worried that even if I get the appointment for Tuesday by trying tomorrow at 6pm, will I get the passport back by Friday?
Assuming that Blre PSKs go by the norms on the website and don't ask for additional stuff (IAS/IPS certificate etc.) for a tatkal application, the first thing you need to do is get an appointment for Tuesday and submit the application. There have been instances where tatkal passports were printed and dispatched on same/next day.

In case you have any connections at RPO, you could try your luck on monday at RPO (not PSK).
Old 12th May 2012, 21:14   #767
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Tatkaal seems the only way out for you. No other suggestions will meet the case.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:54   #768
NAK

Many thanks skumare & Shankar. With the help of an agent, I was able to get today's appointment at ORR PSK at 11.00. Quite amazed that the agent was able to book it for me on Sunday evening at 6pm whereas I could not book it on my own when I tried on Saturday.

Went to the PSK exactly at 10.30 and submitted all the required forms in the Tatkal section. After about 30 mins, I was given a token which I had to take inside to the second section where scanning and fingerprinting takes place. Post this there are 2 levels of govt authority verifications that happen and finally you come out of the PSK office through a small exit door.

I found the whole process extremely efficient and well structured. So much better than my previous experiences with mine and my daughter's passport.

For delivery of passport, I have gotten mixed responses with few authorities saying I will get it in 3-4 working days while others mentioning it as 5-6 days. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get the passport by Friday this week.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:55   #769
Senior - BHPian

O my god

Finally came out of the PSK (On Outer Ring Road) after 3.5 Hours. My wife went in on 13:30 and came out on 17:00 hrs. It was a reissue of passport, she had
  • Older Passport mentioning my name
  • 2 Address proofs (BSNL + ICICI Bank Statement)
  • My Passport mentioning her name
  • Multiple copies of the above
30 Mins after getting in she called me saying that they are asking for 10th, 12th and Graduation certificates and Degree. I opinion was this is not needed as this was already supplied before for the earlier passport.

I rush home to get the certificates and degree and came back to PSK in 20 mins giving her all these documents. Anyway she gets done in the front area and then proceeds to the area behind.

At around 16:30 she calls again that they need marriage certificate. I was furious as both of our passports (Mine issued in Bangalore) mention our relationship, which is 11 years old. She then argued with the lady at the counter and she relented and asked her to go back the previous counter asking them to upload the related documents.

30 Mins later she gets done, gets acknowledgement and comes out.

The whole process feels so unsure, although i am happy this PSK has cleansed the system of under the table dealings but folks need to be sure as to what all documents are needed.

Advise to folks going to PSK, carry everything, since your birth till now if you can (or rather whatever you can), apart from this folks coming on two wheelers do not park your bikes opposite to the PSK on outer ring road as i saw traffic police folks lifting them up and taking them away (Leaving the four wheelers as they are).

Three months more and then i need to visit the PSK again for my daughter.
Old 16th May 2012, 14:23   #770
Senior - BHPian

Nice! This is the update I see on the Passport Seva page in my account - "Passport application has been granted and Police Verification Report has been submitted. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched". Sounds good and hopefully I will be receiving my passport soon.

Thankfully it has all been smooth so far. One question though - do they still send the passport via Registered/Speed post? And will I have to be physically present to receive the passport? Or can I collect it from the local post office?
Old 16th May 2012, 15:53   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
One question though - do they still send the passport via Registered/Speed post? And will I have to be physically present to receive the passport? Or can I collect it from the local post office?
Yes, they send it thru SPEEDPOST only. Somebody at home could sign for it on your behalf, that is the case when I got mine delivered recently.
Old 16th May 2012, 16:09   #772
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One question though - do they still send the passport via Registered/Speed post? And will I have to be physically present to receive the passport? Or can I collect it from the local post office?
Passport comes through speed post. You will need to personally collect it from the post office mentioned on the slip they leave behind, if you are not at home. In my case, i had to collect it from the Koramangala Post office.
Old 16th May 2012, 16:52   #773
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the updates - skumare and benbsb29!

Hopefully it will be within the next few days.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:16   #774

Folks who have been to ORR passport office - is there sufficient 4 wheeler parking?
Old 17th May 2012, 11:28   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alli.gator View Post
Folks who have been to ORR passport office - is there sufficient 4 wheeler parking?
I don't think there are enough car parking places around PSK on Outer Ring Road. I have seen folks park their cars on the road sides, under the bridge and i have seen cops picking up and taking away two wheelers, so assumed its a no parking area.

If you live close and are going alone, try going there by Volvo, alternatively ask someone at home to drop and pick you up. If neither of this is possible i would recommend park the car on the lane after taking left after the PSK. There must be some space there.
Old 17th May 2012, 11:31   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alli.gator View Post
there is more than ample parking available at the PSK @ 20rs for 2 hours
take the left after PSK, there is huge parking lot.
which has an internal bridge to directly reach the PSK by walk.
very convenient and absolutely hassle free .
Old 17th May 2012, 15:31   #777
Senior - BHPian

Aasome stuff! Got the passport delivered to me early today morning. Got a call from the SpeedPost delivery guy at around 9 AM and he turned up at my new address - thankfully no issues with that. Received it and checked - all fine. I am a happy man! Really happy to see that it all went smoothly.

Thanks again to everyone who helped here!
Old 17th May 2012, 16:24   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Aasome stuff! Got the passport delivered to me early today morning. Got a call from the SpeedPost delivery guy at around 9 AM and he turned up at my new address - thankfully no issues with that. Received it and checked - all fine. I am a happy man! Really happy to see that it all went smoothly.
!
Hi Naveen, was this a tatkal application or a normal one ? I had submitted mine on April 11 (in the normal mode) , did police verification on May 4, still, the RPO status shows as awaiting police clearance.On a daily basis, I am checking the Bangalore city police website (http://www.bcp.gov.in/english/passpo...ort-index.html) to see whether my file has returned after verification, only to see that it hasn't.
Old 17th May 2012, 17:14   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Hi Naveen, was this a tatkal application or a normal one ? I had submitted mine on April 11 (in the normal mode) , did police verification on May 4, still, the RPO status shows as awaiting police clearance.On a daily basis, I am checking the Bangalore city police website (http://www.bcp.gov.in/english/passpo...ort-index.html) to see whether my file has returned after verification, only to see that it hasn't.
Hello!

Mine was a normal application. Did you meet the responsible person at the police station to move the file to the next level. Perhaps he is sitting on it and that is why it is getting delayed? I am not sure but you can approach him to send the file back since verification is already done.
Old 18th May 2012, 14:25   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Sigh- that time of year again. Each member of my family has a passport expiring in successive years! First it was mine (2010), then my little one (2011) and now the missus (2012). The only good thing is I don't have to go to the damn passport office for another 4 years (kids' passports have 5 year validity).

The online application process is incredibly fast. I only wish they'd allow scanning of attested documents directly rather than carry sets of those when going to apply.

Any updates on the process in Pune? From Maverick's post about 2 months ago, nothing seems to have changed. Though someone did tell me there is a centre in Mundhwa where you can apply as well.

Most Viewed