Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 23:22   #811
Senior - BHPian

Police Clearance Cert - Chennai - Procedure?

Hello all, need some urgent advice.

What is the procedure to get PCC. I reside in Hosur (TN), and it comes under chennai circle.

1) Should I visit Chennai PSK for this?
2) Can this be done online?
3) Can this be done walk-in to local police stn without going thru PSK/Online?

Santosh

PS _ Kind of urgent request... so please help.
Old 4th June 2012, 13:40   #812
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

For those who have obtained a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) from PSKs in Bangalore, do i need to book an appointment online before going there in person?
On the site it mentions that having appointment helps avoid delay, but wasnt mentioned as mandatory.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th June 2012, 13:51   #813
Team-BHP Support

Finally some movement. Now the status says "Police has completed verification process on 04/06/2012. Your passport will be dispatched after 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at Regional Passport Office. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched."

The Police took 24 days to update the status after I met them. But the RPO still doesn't know whether it is a 'Clear' status or not. This bureaucracy is mind-numbing.
Old 5th June 2012, 04:01   #814
BHPian

Quote:
The Police took 24 days to update the status after I met them. But the RPO still doesn't know whether it is a 'Clear' status or not. This bureaucracy is mind-numbing.
Samurai your are lucky ! my application status after almost SIX months is still "Police report is incomplete , the case is being examined".
There is absoutely no accountability at all. Lodged a complaint on www.pgportal.gov.in and they simply forwarded it to the rpo concerned !
Old 5th June 2012, 11:26   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Finally some movement. Now the status says "Police has completed verification process on 04/06/2012. Your passport will be dispatched after 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at Regional Passport Office. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched."

Please check with the Regional Passport office ( not call center ). Same thing happened in my case too. I waited for more than 15 days and used to call the call center every alternative days to get different answers ( 1. we received the soft copy from commissioner office, but not the hard copy , 2. we received only the confirmation but not the final one 3. we received it from commissioner office and waiting for the confirmation from SP office ) . Went to commissioner office and they have asked me to visit the regional passport office in person to get the details.

I went to the passport office and came to know that it has been sent for printing and inquired about the "Clear Status ". Even the RPO doesn't know about the same
Old 12th June 2012, 14:20   #816
BHPian

Got my passport today. It took exactly 2 weeks after the status had changed to the below on 29th May.

"Police has completed verification process on 29/05/2012. Your passport will be dispatched after 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at Regional Passport Office. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched."

Overall it took two months since date of application with Pre-Police verification. Policeman came to my house 10 days after the application. So it looks like it took nearly 1.5 months for them to submit the report.

Regards,
R
Old 12th June 2012, 14:25   #817
Team-BHP Support

Today I completed 2 months since the visit to the PSK. So I checked the status:

Quote:
Passport application has been granted and Police Verification Report has been submitted. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.
Wait continues...
Old 12th June 2012, 14:35   #818
Team-BHP Support

I don't know if I'm lucky or something is awry.

I visited the PSK office on 1st June and passport was granted with the receipt mentioning post verification.

On 8th June status changed to:

Quote:
Passport application has been granted to applicant on 08/06/2012. Your application is under processing. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.
On Sunday 10th June the police inspector came home for address verification. He took a letter from my neighbour and told me to submit docs at the station. I am doing that today.

Based on my understanding since it is POST verification I should get the passport first and then the police verification can happen in parallel.

I'm not sure what to do as I need the passport latest by mid next week else all my travel plans are gone for a toss.
Old 12th June 2012, 18:24   #819
Senior - BHPian

Guys is there any trick as to how to get online appointments at bangalore PSK?
I have been trying but without any luck.
I am wondering who is actually getting appointments? I have doing it sitting in office where I find the net to be reasonably fast.

So who is getting these appointments?

Any browsers which provide better chance?

Its for PCC I want appointment.
Old 12th June 2012, 23:25   #820
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Based on my understanding since it is POST verification I should get the passport first and then the police verification can happen in parallel.

I'm not sure what to do as I need the passport latest by mid next week else all my travel plans are gone for a toss.
Done.

Quote:
Passport XXXXXXXXX has been dispatched on 12/06/2012 via Speed Post. Speed Post Tracking Number is EKXXXXXXXXX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I am wondering who is actually getting appointments? I have doing it sitting in office where I find the net to be reasonably fast.

Make sure you are logged in and have the appointment page open from 5:55PM. The page opens at 6PM but within a few mins it is sold out. If you are not signed in and have the appointment page open it will time out.
Old 14th June 2012, 13:17   #821
BHPian

My passort expired in 2008 , i am applying for re-issue .I also want to apply for my wife and kids , should i wait till my new passport is issued or i can apply simultaneously quoting my old passport # .

Also should i take individual appointments for each of us or club everything in one appointment !
Old 14th June 2012, 14:11   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
My passort expired in 2008 , i am applying for re-issue .I also want to apply for my wife and kids , should i wait till my new passport is issued or i can apply simultaneously quoting my old passport # .

Also should i take individual appointments for each of us or club everything in one appointment !
It is not possible to club all applications, need to take separate appointments.
Old 14th June 2012, 15:26   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Try on a saturday or sunday evening. In my case I got it easily on sunday evening for both my and my daughter's passport. Mine were for passport.
Old 15th June 2012, 11:06   #824
Senior - BHPian

Changes in rules in Bangalore passport office. Pick up The Hindu dated 15th June for details.

Here is a short summary from the website itself::

Bangalore RPO New!
Applicants seeking Passport and Passport Related Services are intimated that from 14-06-2012 onwards, online Tatkaal appointments will not be released. However, applicants desirous of availing tatkaal services would require to obtain Application Reference number (ARN) under "Tatkaal category option" on the same appointment pool, during application submission process. Once the applicant arrives at PSK, the necessary documents desired for Tatkaal services and Verification Certificate will be verified by Government official and thereafter Tatkaal token will be issued, if documents are in order.

This is to bring to the kind notice of general public/passport applicants that henceforth there will be no enquiries on all Wednesdays starting 9th May 2012 at Regional Passport Office, Kormangala, Bangalore. Enquiries will continue as usual on all other working days. Therefore, general public are advised not to visit this office on Wednesdays. However, cases pertaining to tatkaal/normal appointments for submission of passport applications will continue to be attended as usual.

It has come to the notice of the Regional Passport Officer, Bangalore that few applicants are not able to get appointment under the new Passport Seva at the four Passport Seva Kendra viz (Bangalore - 2 PSKs, Mangalore -1 PSK, Hubli -1 PSK) under Regional Passport Office, Bangalore.
Those applicants applying under Tatkaal and those who are in need of passports for Educational, Medical, Visa interview, job purpose etc. and not able to get appointments are hereby advised to come to Regional Passport Office, Bangalore located at 80 feet road, Koramangala 8th block and they will be issued out of turn walk-in appointments to submit their applications on priority basis in any of the Passport Seva Kendra as mentioned above. This scheme has been implemented with effect from 21/02/2012. Applicant should come to this office with valid printed ARN (Application Registration Number) and also with required and supporting documents for the processing of his/her application.
It is reiterated that these appointments are for Tatkaal and Normal appointments only for people under the categories as mentioned above (Educational, Medical, Visa interview, job purpose etc.). Applicants will be entertained on first come first serve basis and without appointment.

For those applicants who require Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), it is advised that applicants can continue to approach Passport Seva Kendra under Regional Passport Office, Bangalore on a Walk-in basis (with valid printed ARN Number).

With effect from 21st February 2012, applicants applying under Tatkaal, and those who are in need of passports for Educational, Medical, Visa interview, job purpose etc., and not able to get appointments for Passport Seva Kendra (PSK), may visit Regional Passport Office (RPO), Bangalore located at 80 feet road, Koramangala 8th block with required documents and a print-out of the Online Application Receipt (ARN Sheet). Applicants seeking Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) can continue to approach PSK under RPO, Bangalore, with required documents and a print-out of the Online Application Receipt (ARN Sheet).
With effect from 14th January 2012, appointments are open at 6:00 PM.
With effect from 10th January 2011, Passport Seva Kendras at Mangalore and Hubli are accepting applications registered online with prior appointments only. No walk-in applicants will, therefore, be allowed except in emergency cases. Accordingly, the provision for online registration has been adequately enhanced.

So does it means that I need not take online appointments at PSK for PCC?

Last edited by download2live : 15th June 2012 at 11:09.
Old 15th June 2012, 12:10   #825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So does it means that I need not take online appointments at PSK for PCC?
For PCC, all it mentions is that you require a valid ARN number, which means the file details need to be present online for the application.

I am going to the PSk on the 19th for the PCC. Looks like we can sync up on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks