Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2012, 19:24   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Yesterday when I checked, the appointment slot was saying "Check Oct 25th at 2.00PM". Today (25th) I have been checking all along the day and it shows "Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day". I am not sure why the same message appeared before 2.00PM and after 2.00PM as well. What should I do now? I just keep checking for the available slots?
Did you check exactly at 2.00? What you need to do is login at 1.55 and keep the portal active by clicking some links. Exactly at 1.59 you need to visit the appointments page and schedule a slot. Even if you are late by a minute, there is very less chance that you might get a slot.

Or atleast that has been my experience!
Old 25th October 2012, 19:37   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Did you check exactly at 2.00?
Yes. I have started clicking on "Manage Appointment" link from 1.30PM onwards to till evening. I am seeing the same error message "Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day".
Old 1st November 2012, 00:23   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Yes. I have started clicking on "Manage Appointment" link from 1.30PM onwards to till evening. I am seeing the same error message "Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day".
The portal allows only three appointments per day per IP address. If you are using a shared connection, this error will occur. Try scheduling from a different connection and you will be done.
Old 1st November 2012, 11:09   #904
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Staple old passports? Why? I am on my 4th passport. You need to carry only your current passport. The only reason to carry old passport is if you have a valid visa in the older passport.

For example, I got my new passport this year. But my 10 year US visa is in the old passport. So I need to carry the old passport if I am visiting US. And there is no need to staple.
Don't they cancel the old passport once you apply for a renewal? This happened in my case. Once I took an appointment and went to the PSK, they put a "Cancelled" stamp on my old passport (I still had six months of validity remaining on it). The new passport did arrive in due course, but during that waiting period, you can't use your old passport (or can you, if it has a valid Visa?).

Last edited by Oxy : 1st November 2012 at 11:16.
Old 1st November 2012, 13:05   #905
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Don't they cancel the old passport once you apply for a renewal? This happened in my case. Once I took an appointment and went to the PSK, they put a "Cancelled" stamp on my old passport (I still had six months of validity remaining on it). The new passport did arrive in due course, but during that waiting period, you can't use your old passport (or can you, if it has a valid Visa?).
When applying for a renewal, they would surely cancel the old passport. However, if you have a valid visa, i believe this is still valid even after you get the new one.

Others can confirm though.
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:08   #906
Senior - BHPian

My passport had expired on November 2010. Now I need to renew the passport for an immediate travel opportunity coming up this month. So I have limited time to get it renewed. While applying online, which mode should I select? Normal or tatkal? I heard that even in normal mode, passport is given immediately while police verification happens in parallel, is that the case or do I need to request for that specially? Please someone clarify.

Last edited by clevermax : 2nd November 2012 at 20:13.
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:14   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax
My passport had expired on November 2010. Now I need to renew the passport for an immediate travel opportunity coming up this month. While applying online, which mode should I select? Normal or tatkal? I heard that even in normal mode, passport is given immediately while police verification happens in parallel, is that the case or do I need to request for that specially? Please someone clarify.
You got to apply for tatkal. Normal mode takes anything between 1-3 months depending upon you luck and their workload. Tatkal should get you one within 7 days.
Old 2nd November 2012, 23:37   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
You got to apply for tatkal. Normal mode takes anything between 1-3 months depending upon you luck and their workload. Tatkal should get you one within 7 days.
Thank you. I asked because someone told me that even normal procedure should get one passport very quickly these days.
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:47   #909
Senior - BHPian

Another query regarding proof of address,

My address is just the same, and I am planning to submit Voter's ID card as the proof of address. Now in the address section of the application, I need to fill in the house number - this where confusion occurs, thanks to our confused system itself:

The house number has been changed twice after my Voter's ID card was issued. So, should I just fill in the house number with whatever number which is given in the Voter's id card or fill it with the new house number? The officer sitting at the Passport office just want to see both as the same number I guess, so it will be easier to fill in that field with the old house number, what say?

EDIT: Called up the local police station and asked - I am told to furnish the application with new number itself. They said they will take care of the verification.

I have Old passport, Voter's ID card, SSLC certificate, PAN card and driver's license - would these documents suffice for a Tatkal application of renewal in the case of expiry within last 3 years?

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd November 2012 at 12:52.
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:18   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I have Old passport, Voter's ID card, SSLC certificate, PAN card and driver's license - would these documents suffice for a Tatkal application of renewal in the case of expiry within last 3 years?
This should be enough for tatkal, also add Annexure I to list which can be made by a lawyer for 200 rupees.

I got my passport renewed through tatkal mode last year october 2011 at chennai PSK , I did not have my name in ration card, so had to opt for Annexure F
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:41   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
This should be enough for tatkal, also add Annexure I to list which can be made by a lawyer for 200 rupees.

I got my passport renewed through tatkal mode last year october 2011 at chennai PSK , I did not have my name in ration card, so had to opt for Annexure F
Was it renewed after three years of expiry? In my case, the site as well as an agent told that no address proof document is required but only the old passport and it's self attested copies since it is just two years after expiry. Even I don't have my name in ration card.

Passport Renewal Procedure-screenshot_201211032247481.png

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd November 2012 at 22:49.
Old 4th November 2012, 00:48   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Was it renewed after three years of expiry? In my case, the site as well as an agent told that no address proof document is required but only the old passport and it's self attested copies since it is just two years after expiry. Even I don't have my name in ration card.

Attachment 1010132
Ohh It was renewed within one year before the date of expiry. Sad part is that rules vary across PSK's & there can be a case where one is made to bring extra documents for additional proof (more than what is mentioned on the website), it is all at the discretion of the PSK.

I was made to come 2 times, had a heated argument with the PSK team managed by TCS. My wife passport had to be updated with the following:
1.) Spouse name
2.) Data bifurcation, Last name section was empty (earlier passport had this problem)
3.) Change of address from Blore to Chennai, as she was from blore and staying along with me in Chennai after our marriage. It was only 6 months into our marriage, how on earth can we show address proof for her, they were not happy with the marriage certificate, they laughed at us and asked if this is a real marriage certificate, this was a plain piece of paper with seal (issued in Kerala).

Our appointment went through, Level 1 was cleared, we got stuck in Level 2 where PSK insisted on birth certificate of my wife for data bifurcation(not mentioned on the site). TCS team members supporting the PSK are such low lifes, they were telling my wife, " This is what will happen if your husband talks about rules".

I propose you a do a recce before your appointment.
Old 5th November 2012, 20:36   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post

I propose you a do a recce before your appointment.
My appointment went fine, I showed pan card, voters id and sslc certificate as documents. I also got my wife's name added to the passport by producing the marriage certificate.

Last edited by clevermax : 5th November 2012 at 20:37.
Old 8th November 2012, 22:37   #914
BHPian

Passport Quandary - need all help possible

I am faced with a peculiar dilemma, and would appreciate any help from team-bhp members at the earliest.
The problem is with application for an Indian passport- and the so called 'easy' way of online application. Here goes-

I have to apply for 2 passports for my kids- One renewal of passport for my 5 year old daughter, and one new passport for my 10 month old son.

Now I did a detailed read up on the passport.gov.in website, and decided to download the form and fill it offline and then upload it.

Question 1: Creation of an ID - do I need to register separate IDs online for each of my kids? - or can I just create one on my own name and use it for them? How many applications can be made from one ID?

Question 2: The Application form -the mandatory fields are highlighted in red and there is no way to skip these right? - I have filled out the 'present address' spaces, but however I am also required to fill out the 'previous residence 1' field - and here when I try and enter the same details as the 'present address' one (Since we have never lived anywhere else) the form gives an error saying something about the dates ('cannot be same as residence 1') - now what am I supposed to do with this? - if I skip this field and try validating and saving - I get the message - 'Mandatory fields required' , so its back to square one. What do I do here?
Please try filling out the form in order to get a clearer picture of what I mean.

Question 3: Online token issuance - from what time to when does the Bangalore passport office issue online appointment slots?

Question 4: Walk in for minors - It says on the site that minors have a 'walk in' application - is this advisable? or is it better to get the online appointment?. Do I have to catch hold of any 'agent' ?- if so what are the approximate fees?

Question 5: My passport and my wife's passport have the spouses name entered - in that case Police verification is not required right? - or will the officials still ask for some sort of documentation?

Question 6: The PSK - What is the best time to arrive at the Bangalore Passport office? and approximate waiting time?.

Question 7: Dispatch - I need to travel to NZ with my family by december - in that case - do I have to apply for the tatkal passport for the kids or should I believe the website's '3-day dispatch statement' for regular passports?

Question 8 : - In case of tatkaal - do I have to specifically provide a reason for tatkaal application ( because both are for kids - not for me or wife)?.

please help me out guys.
Old 9th November 2012, 12:43   #915
Senior - BHPian

Eseva Centre-Hyderabad

Does anybody know if the E-Seva centres are still accepting the application forms for renewal in Hyderabad?This online nonsense just doesnt seem to be working for the HYD PSKs.I am fed up of trying to get an appointment for the past 45days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks