Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 22:13   #1051
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Depends which country you are in.

For US, typically it takes one day. For Canada, for some reason, the average time seems to be approx. one week.

I have to renew my passport in next few months and I am thinking of getting it done here in Canada too rather than going to India solely for this purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
In that case I will pursue the consulate route when I'm abroad.

Generally how long is the process (embassy route or getting in done right now)?
Old 14th March 2013, 11:24   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post

Why accuse some one of impropriety if you don't even have a shred of evidence. I have seen these brokers book PSK slots. They do nothing different from what everybody else is doing. They just have experience on their side.
Not correct. They have more reliable "special login" that enables them to book at any time any slot. I can tell you this for sure.
Old 14th March 2013, 11:41   #1053
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Not correct. They have more reliable "special login" that enables them to book at any time any slot. I can tell you this for sure.
Hmm, I thought the request for that special login had been rejected. Did they finally get it?

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/hc...urity/943384/0
Old 14th March 2013, 11:42   #1054
Senior - BHPian

4th work day from the day I visited PSK, my application status shows Passport is printed and you will receive a text when its dispatched. I guess it took a bit longer at some state (PV submitted to commissioner office) longer than expected, otherwise, there are instances where people received it within 2-3 working days for Tatkal application which is my case. Overall a very good experience, once my passport is received, I'm ready with my wife and kids application.
Old 14th March 2013, 11:48   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
4th work day from the day I visited PSK, my application status shows Passport is printed and you will receive a text when its dispatched.
This must be for renewal without any change in particulars (Address etc)

My co-brother got his passport (renewal)in a weeks time.He stays in mysore.His application was ordinary, not tatkal.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 14th March 2013 at 11:50.
Old 14th March 2013, 12:00   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
This must be for renewal without any change in particulars (Address etc)

My co-brother got his passport (renewal)in a weeks time.He stays in mysore.His application was ordinary, not tatkal.

Waseem.
Is that Waseembhai (Isuzu wala)?
Mine is a renewal application with change in address it was issued in Gujarat. You're right, my tatkal application took same time as normal it seems.
Old 14th March 2013, 12:23   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that Waseembhai (Isuzu wala)?
Mine is a renewal application with change in address it was issued in Gujarat. You're right, my tatkal application took same time as normal it seems.
Apologies, didn't read your post carefully to know that your application was in tatkal.

Yes, i own a Isuzu Trooper and how do you know that.?

Waseem.
Old 14th March 2013, 12:26   #1058
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Waseem.
It is mentioned in your profile.
Old 14th March 2013, 12:35   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Waseem.
We drove to sultan bathery together during HVK meet lets meet up sometime.
back to the subject, yes mine was Tatkal and still took this much time, I'm going to request a new passport application for my wife next, I'll report how much time it takes and experience.
Old 14th March 2013, 17:10   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
As I said before, need citation. Conspiracy theories will not cut it for me. At the very least do you have first hand experience of these "Special login" in work...
Old 14th March 2013, 17:17   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hmm, I thought the request for that special login had been rejected. Did they finally get it?

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/hc...urity/943384/0
I really meant illegal operations.

Quote:
As I said before, need citation. Conspiracy theories will not cut it for me. At the very least do you have first hand experience of these "Special login" in work...
Citation not required. Not out to prove anything. Nevertheless I have first hand experience to have gotten it done. I also got to choose the time and date.
Old 14th March 2013, 17:18   #1062
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday morning status turned to "printed and dispatched", received the same today morning at home. So exactly 15 days from the day i visited i received my passport, in BLR. Absolutely normal application, done on my own without any bribes or middle men.

Longest delays were at printing, commissioner office final verification, but they were also under very very reasonable time. Feeling very happy that some systems do work in this country afterall. Once again Thank you to you guys for helping me with the whole process
Old 14th March 2013, 17:22   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can tell you that there is no such thing exists like special login.

Who told you this.?The garden fairy.?

If they have a special login, give them your details (xml file) to them at 10am and ask them to give you ARN (Appointment Reference Number) in one hour.

Quote:
We drove to sultan bathery together during HVK meet lets meet up sometime.
back to the subject, yes mine was Tatkal and still took this much time, I'm going to request a new passport application for my wife next, I'll report how much time it takes and experience.
My Bad, lets meet up soon.

Quote:
+1 on this.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 14th March 2013 at 17:23.
Old 14th March 2013, 18:09   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
I really meant illegal operations.
Citation not required. Not out to prove anything.
I don't understand the mentality here. You accuse somebody of cheating. You insinuate a illegal operation (whatever that means). You allude to underhand dealing by brokers. But don't have have a shred of evidence/plausible theory/first hand experience. And you don't believe a citation is required.

There are people in this world who believe holocaust never happened, 9/11 was a inside job and kasab was a RAW agent. I think I need to add one more to this list- Everything is government's fault.

Quote:
Nevertheless I have first hand experience to have gotten it done. I also got to choose the time and date.
I booked 3 appointments in March. For every single one of them I cherry picked the slot (4:15pm).
Old 14th March 2013, 22:19   #1065
BHPian

Read a philosophy joke sometimes back.

Quote:
A philosophy professor walks in to give his class their final. Placing his chair on his desk the professor instructs the class, "Using every applicable thing you've learned in this course, prove to me that this chair DOES NOT EXIST."
So, pencils are writing and erasers are erasing, students are preparing to embark on novels proving that this chair doesn't exist, except for one student. He spends thirty seconds writing his answer, then turns his final in to the astonishment of his peers.

Time goes by, and the day comes when all the students get their final grades...and to the amazement of the class, the student who wrote for thirty seconds gets the highest grade in the class.

Quote:
Citation not required. Not out to prove anything. Nevertheless I have first hand experience to have gotten it done. I also got to choose the time and date.
His answer to the question: "What chair?"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks