Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 09:41   #1066
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
I don't understand the mentality here. You accuse somebody of cheating. You insinuate a illegal operation (whatever that means). You allude to underhand dealing by brokers. But don't have have a shred of evidence/plausible theory/first hand experience. And you don't believe a citation is required.
Don;t try too hard. What evidence do you need when I am the witness that such a thing happened.

Quote:
There are people in this world who believe holocaust never happened, 9/11 was a inside job and kasab was a RAW agent. I think I need to add one more to this list- Everything is government's fault.
So when did I say everything is Govt's fault. I accept my fault for not being as patient as you to get the booking thing working on time (sharp 6 PM whatever that is). I dont have time. I tried for 2 weeks then gave up.

So you have enough "citation" that man did not go to moon, now which version do you trust. As I said sometimes you have to believe something on the face value. Not referring to this incident but I am saying that in general.

Quote:
I booked 3 appointments in March. For every single one of them I cherry picked the slot (4:15pm).
You have been just lucky, and I dont want any citation if you are actually not. I'd trust you if you actually worked your way to get your bookings done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Read a philosophy joke sometimes back.

A philosophy professor walks in to give his class their final. Placing his chair on his desk the professor instructs the class, "Using every applicable thing you've learned in this course, prove to me that this chair DOES NOT EXIST."
So, pencils are writing and erasers are erasing, students are preparing to embark on novels proving that this chair doesn't exist, except for one student. He spends thirty seconds writing his answer, then turns his final in to the astonishment of his peers.

Time goes by, and the day comes when all the students get their final grades...and to the amazement of the class, the student who wrote for thirty seconds gets the highest grade in the class.

His answer to the question: "What chair?"
Beautiful

Last edited by penpavan : 15th March 2013 at 09:44.
Old 15th March 2013, 11:41   #1067
BANNED

There is many a slip between cup and lip. I applied on the 6th at PSK Kanpur and was pleasantly surprised to get a sms and e-mail with the tracking number of the Speedpost last night. I was told to expect a gap of 18-21 days. On tracking I get zilch till now (11:30am) . So one office may be Ok, but the next link (again GoI) is suspect. May be the Post Office has not have entered the data into the database, or (most likely) they have not updated it.
Old 15th March 2013, 11:50   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
What evidence do you need when I am the witness that such a thing happened.

So when did I say everything is Govt's fault. I accept my fault for not being as patient as you to get the booking thing working on time (sharp 6 PM whatever that is). I dont have time. I tried for 2 weeks then gave up.

So you have enough "citation" that man did not go to moon, now which version do you trust. As I said sometimes you have to believe something on the face value. Not referring to this incident but I am saying that in general.

You have been just lucky, and I dont want any citation if you are actually not. I'd trust you if you actually worked your way to get your bookings done.
Last post regarding the current interaction.
  1. Citation doesn't mean what you think it means.
  2. You mention that you could not get a appointment for 2 weeks, and you were short of time. In this particular case definitely go for the broker to book a appointment. But its not fair to come back and report that the system is gamed from within in.
  3. When people throw around accusations like they are established facts, they discourage people who are actually willing to go through the process themselves. Somebody new who will land up on this Team BHP thread will wrongly conclude that only way of getting a appointment is to pay the brokers and the system is compromised. That is definitely not true.
  4. I personally think the system is unfair and biased in favour of people with good internet knowledge. But it is not compromised in any way.

Last edited by carbookie : 15th March 2013 at 11:51.
Old 15th March 2013, 13:46   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
Last post regarding the current interaction.
[*]Citation doesn't mean what you think it means.
Anyway that isn't the dispute
Quote:
[*]You mention that you could not get a appointment for 2 weeks, and you were short of time. In this particular case definitely go for the broker to book a appointment. But its not fair to come back and report that the system is gamed from within in.
The reason I think I could not get an appointment was because it is getting fixed from within. And I figured it out that it is true. I am the witness and that's the best proof you can have for this case. Anything better and obvious kind of proof would make sure that the people who are fixing are booked.
Quote:
[*] When people throw around accusations like they are established facts, they discourage people who are actually willing to go through the process themselves. Somebody new who will land up on this Team BHP thread will wrongly conclude that only way of getting a appointment is to pay the brokers and the system is compromised. That is definitely not true.
Forums are the platforms to voice individual's opinion. In fact I see that I am adding information. Let others know that there are people [at least one person] who has faced this problem and figured that it is fixed. I stand by what I said. There is fixing happening.
Quote:
[*]I personally think the system is unfair and biased in favour of people with good internet knowledge. But it is not compromised in any way.
I am precisely saying the otherwise. Let's agree to disagree.
I wish everyone gets it online (I see many do) and never has to approach a bookie. But if somebody ever will talk to a bookie and sees himself, will know I was right.
Old 16th March 2013, 17:27   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Recently applied for my son's (minor) passport. I created a login at the passport seva website and downloaded the application form. After filling it up, uploaded it at the site on 10th March. Immediately after uploading it, I looked for an appointment through the site and got one on 12th March.

Reached the PSK on 12th March a few minutes early. It took about 5 minutes at the counter to verify the documentation and issue a token. We then had to wait another 10-15 minutes for our turn. In the first zone (A), they accessed the online application, scanned my son's photo (I had carried it as he is less than 4 years old), scanned all the supporting documents, told us to verify the details once more and collected the fees (Tatkal). This was done in about 10 minutes. We were then asked to go to zone B (verification zone). We hardly had to wait a minute there. The officer in zone B again verified the application and verified all the originals of the supporting documents. This took less than 5 minutes. We were then asked to go to zone C (granting zone). We had to wait about 5 minutes here before our turn came. The officer again took hardly 5 minutes to verify everything and say "OK".

I checked the status on 13th March and it said "your passport is printed". One 14th, I received an SMS saying that the passport has been sent by post and I received it on 15th.

That's 5 days in all from uploading the application to receiving the passport in hand. No middlemen or bribes involved. Of course, I think the waiting times at zone B and zone C were reduced due to this being a minor's passport application.

Last edited by StarrySky : 16th March 2013 at 17:31.
Old 16th March 2013, 18:08   #1071
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure but i have been trying to get an appointment for last 3 months, almost everyday i log in at 5:55 pm, only to be told a few minutes later that all appointment are booked. I am on a fast corporate network and its surprising to see this has been happening for more than 3 months.

Once the application form that i filled up online was removed because it was over 90 days old (I failed to get appointment for that long), i filled up the form again, but everyday i am told to come back next day and the story repeats itself.

I have ran out of patience, this is for my daughters passport which is expiring in May. What are the options that i have, can i approach the PSK directly without appointment? or are there any places were i can file my grievance and someone can help?

I hear there are agents that get you an appointment, with this over-deal not looking at ending soon, i am thinking.

I also escalated this matter to the grievance section on the site, got a standard response from someone to try again.

Seriously, if this is happening, this is such a shame.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 16th March 2013 at 18:20.
Old 16th March 2013, 19:56   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I am not sure but i have been trying to get an appointment for last 3 months, almost everyday i log in at 5:55 pm, only to be told a few minutes later that all appointment are booked. I am on a fast corporate network and its surprising to see this has been happening for more than 3 months.
Are you trying to get "Normal" appointment or "Tatkal" appointment at the site? I had the same issue that you had when I tried "Tatkal" appointment. I tried it because I had opted for Tatkal passport in the passport application. But then I tried "Normal" appointment and it worked at the very first attempt.

Of course, a lot would also depend on how busy the PSK is. Maybe the one in my city is not very busy.

Last edited by StarrySky : 16th March 2013 at 19:58.
Old 16th March 2013, 20:13   #1073
BHPian

I am not sure about Bangalore but in New Delhi you can visit the passport centres without any appointment. Though for the Head office you need to reach before 9 am to get a token and accordingly submit the documents,incase you don't have an appointment.

As far as online appointment is concerned, never had such problems.Recently my friend also applied online. No problems at all.
Even in the case of online appointments one has to wait for 30 minutes or so
Old 17th March 2013, 06:06   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Are you trying to get "Normal" appointment
I am trying to get Normal appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I am not sure about Bangalore but in New Delhi you can visit the passport centres without any appointment.
Could someone confirm if this is also the case in Bangalore, PSK policies should be same across India.
Old 17th March 2013, 07:08   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
This might sound wierd but the reason that you are not able to get appointment is because you have been using corporate network to access the site. I too was facing a similar issue but one fine day I just tried to book an appointment via my phone (office network was down) and it worked! At first I couldn't believe but then I google'd a bit and many people seems to have faced this problem. I am very sure about this since in last 6 months I have had to take appointment twice and it worked like a charm from my phone (both the time access via office network didn't work out). It's worth a shot, do try accessing the site from a non-corporate network.
Old 17th March 2013, 07:20   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora View Post

This might sound wierd but the reason that you are not able to get appointment is because you have been using corporate network to access the site. I too was facing a similar issue but one fine day I just tried to book an appointment via my phone (office network was down) and it worked! At first I couldn't believe but then I google'd a bit and many people seems to have faced this problem. I am very sure about this since in last 6 months I have had to take appointment twice and it worked like a charm from my phone (both the time access via office network didn't work out). It's worth a shot, do try accessing the site from a non-corporate network.
I can second this. My office colleague was trying to book a slot from office for a long time. Once he tried using the data card and was successful!

Probably they allow only limited bookings from the same IP addresses ( network locations)!
Old 17th March 2013, 11:42   #1077
BHPian

I have a kind of a stupid question. My passport is up for renewal.

There is a small hitch with regards to my signature. My signature has changed over the years and the one in my passport is the old one.

Do I need to inform about the same when I visit the PSK or is it ok to just go ahead with the new signature?
Old 18th March 2013, 09:54   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Do I need to inform about the same when I visit the PSK or is it ok to just go ahead with the new signature?
No need to mention. They will ask you sign in there (with a nice stylus!), and just sign your new signature. You are done.
Old 18th March 2013, 10:21   #1079
BHPian

thanks mjothi.
I had another query. Have a PPF account with SBI bank with photo and active transaction details.

Hope this will be acceptable as address proof. Oh yes, my current address is different from the one present in my passport.

Last edited by pareshraheja : 18th March 2013 at 10:22.
Old 18th March 2013, 10:37   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora View Post
This might sound wierd but the reason that you are not able to get appointment is because you have been using corporate network to access the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I can second this.
Awesome guys, thanks a ton. I finally managed to get appointment when i tried form home yesterday for coming Wednesday.

Now for the six year child passport what all i need to carry?

1. Address proof - Mine (Bank Statement)
2. Address proof - Wife's passport
3. Old passport of child
4. Marriage certificate - Do i really need this
5. Birth certificate with name
6. My passport
7. Do both parents need to go or just one is enough?
8. Address proof - mine (BSNL Bill)
9. Anything else for which i can be harassed?

Most Viewed