Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 11:00   #1081
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Awesome guys, thanks a ton. I finally managed to get appointment when i tried form home yesterday for coming Wednesday.

Now for the six year child passport what all i need to carry?
You are welcome

There is a document adviser link somewhere on the PSK page and it will give you the exact list of documents required. However as per my knowledge you would require the following:

1. Old passport with 2 photocopies of front & last 2 pages.
2. Address proof - Carry 2 address proofs. 1 year bank statement (stamped) and your passport copy (if it has the latest address) or you can carry BSNL phone bills of last one year.
3. If you and your wife's passport is already endorsed with spouse details then no need to carry the marriage certificate.
4. Carry your and your wife's passport with a copy of each.
5. No need for both of you to go. Just one parent is sufficient.
6. You will also need some Annexure (I or H - one of these) on plain paper signed by you and your wife.
Old 18th March 2013, 11:14   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora View Post
2. Address proof - Carry 2 address proofs. 1 year bank statement (stamped) and your passport copy (if it has the latest address) or you can carry BSNL phone bills of last one year.
Do we need to get the photocopy stamped from the bank? As I mentioned I have a SBI PPF account and have up to date transaction history in the passbook.

I was under the impression that photocopy with bank stamp was required if it was a private bank. Kindly clarify. Have my renewal date at PSK tomorrow.
Old 18th March 2013, 11:38   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post

Do we need to get the photocopy stamped from the bank? As I mentioned I have a SBI PPF account and have up to date transaction history in the passbook.

I was under the impression that photocopy with bank stamp was required if it was a private bank. Kindly clarify. Have my renewal date at PSK tomorrow.
As far as I know the statement copy has to be stamped. If the passbook has a photo and it is stamped then there is no need to get the passbook photocopy stamped.

Edit: You need to carry originals of every document.

Last edited by Vikas Arora : 18th March 2013 at 11:55.
Old 20th March 2013, 10:32   #1084
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Completed the passport renewal procedure on 19th March 2013 at PSK, Lalbagh, Bangalore. Thanks all for your guidance and help, the whole process was a breeze.

Time slot was 2:15 pm and I was there at 1:45 pm. When you enter, there is a room to the left and one to the right. Was asked to wait in the room to the right.
At about 2 pm, the security guard called out the batch number which, was printed on my appointment sheet.

From there, you proceed to the room on the left and are welcomed by a huge crowd standing in 6 ques. 3 are for regular passport and 3 for tatkal.

It takes nearly a 15 minute wait in the Que before the first passport office representative checks all your doc's. As mentioned by others, 10th marks card (for ECNR & age proof), address proof and an ID proof (for new passport) are essential. There is also a photocopying machine in the same room in case one forgets to carry duplicates.

A brown file is prepared in which, all the essential doc's photocopies are kept in and you are given a token number. You are asked to proceed to the next hall wherein almost instantaneously your token number is displayed/called out to approach counter A.

At counter A, you get your snap clicked, finger prints given, sign on a paper (no more digital signature) pay INR 1500 as renewal fees and get a receipt for the fee. Your address proof, all spelling's etc are double checked by the representative and they also show you the same on the monitor and take your consent.

Next stop is counter B. Again, as mentioned by others, the time gap between counter A and B is nearly an hour. The actual time at counter B is hardly 3 minutes subject to all your document's are in place.

Final stop is counter C. The time gap between B & C is hardly 10 minutes. This is where you chit chat with the granting officer. From here, you proceed to the exit counter wherein you show your paid receipt and get your acknowledgement which, also has your file number for tracking the passport status online.

Total time taken 2.5 hours. Entered at 2 pm and exited at 4:30 pm. Counters A,B & C are all in the same room. Looks like a fish market but, everything is well organized and the staff is very courteous. Also, you will get a feedback form at Counter A. There is a cafeteria and a loo that is accessible once you have entered the hall with Counter A,B & C.

Hope I have covered everything.

Cheers
Old 20th March 2013, 16:28   #1085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Now for the six year child passport what all i need to carry?

1. Address proof - Mine (Bank Statement)
2. Address proof - Wife's passport
3. Old passport of child
4. Marriage certificate - Do i really need this
5. Birth certificate with name
6. My passport
7. Do both parents need to go or just one is enough?
8. Address proof - mine (BSNL Bill)
9. Anything else for which i can be harassed?
Since you are going for re-issue of your child's passport, you won't need the marriage certificate and the birth certificate. A new address proof is required only if there is change in address compared to the old passport. Parents also have to give an undertaking as per Annexure H.
Old 21st March 2013, 11:32   #1086
BHPian

Guys,

Got an urgent question. I've my appoinment today. I am trying to include my wife's name in my passport. According to list of documents required

"An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage"

When they ask for attested copy, are they asking for self attested or I have to get it attested by a notary?

please advise.

-Ijeet
Old 21st March 2013, 11:43   #1087
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
"An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage"

When they ask for attested copy, are they asking for self attested or I have to get it attested by a notary?
Obviously self-attested, do take the original so that they can verify it. I did this last year.
Old 21st March 2013, 18:24   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Obviously self-attested, do take the original so that they can verify it. I did this last year.
Thanks Samurai,

You saved me a trip to Notary officer. Applied for my re-issue with address correction and inclusion of my wife's name. Just checked the status and its already shows printing in progress. Awesome

Thanks once again

-Ijeet
Old 25th March 2013, 17:01   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Completed the passport renewal procedure on 19th March 2013 at PSK, Lalbagh, Bangalore.
I need to renew my dad's passport. Can i drop in at PSK tomorrow, without an appointment? Also, is this PSK according to your residence? I mean, like if am in JP Nagar, can i go to the PSK at Lalbagh. Heard there is another one in K'mangala.

From the website, i got to know i just need to carry the self-attested photocopies of the old passport and also the old passport in original. Is there anything else i need to carry? Also, how long it might take if am there without an appointment?

Pl. advise.
Old 25th March 2013, 17:29   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I need to renew my dad's passport. Can i drop in at PSK tomorrow, without an appointment? Also, is this PSK according to your residence? I mean, like if am in JP Nagar, can i go to the PSK at Lalbagh. Heard there is another one in K'mangala.

From the website, i got to know i just need to carry the self-attested photocopies of the old passport and also the old passport in original. Is there anything else i need to carry? Also, how long it might take if am there without an appointment?

Pl. advise.
You need to take an online appointment before visiting a PSK. RPO is in Koramangala, another PSK is in Marathahalli.

Read this link for detailed info on how to register and take an appointment at any PSK in the country.

http://www.webadvices.com/2012/11/ma...rt-online.html

Waseem.
Old 25th March 2013, 18:58   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
Thanks to TBHP, I've recently filed an application for renewal at Lalbagh PSK, but after two weeks it still at " Pending for physical police verification at Jayaprakash Nagar Police Station, Bangalore." and no one have visited my place. Nor anyone have contacted me. Should I directly go to the police station? If I have to go to the police station then do I need to carry any documents? Please help.
Regards,
Old 25th March 2013, 19:46   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
If I have to go to the police station then do I need to carry any documents? Please help.
Regards,
Of all that I've seen, police guys simply wait if the file they are processing belongs to an educated, no previous offence kinda guy (3 stations have done this in my friends circle). They know when the person call's/comes in, "tea/coffee" can be easily obtained. Bangalore cops i tell you...

Yes carry all the originals because they're going to check it. Keep 200 bucks in hand as the cops are least likely to give you change if you offer them 500/1000.

2 passport size photos need to be given too.
Old 25th March 2013, 19:54   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
You need to take an online appointment before visiting a PSK.
So you mean to say, i cannot go to PSK for passport renewal without an online appointment? I thought there should be a way out for impromptu submissions.
Old 25th March 2013, 19:54   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Of all that I've seen, police guys simply wait if the file they are processing belongs to an educated, no previous offence kinda guy (3 stations have done this in my friends circle). They know when the person call's/comes in, "tea/coffee" can be easily obtained. Bangalore cops i tell you...

Yes carry all the originals because they're going to check it. Keep 200 bucks in hand as the cops are least likely to give you change if you offer them 500/1000.

2 passport size photos need to be given too.
Thanks a lot for the pointers and tips. One of my friend also told me the same thing about police verification:(. So I guess I'll have to visit myself. BTW, only document that I've given was the bank statement (in original), so I guess I'll have to again get the statements from the bank? Along with that I'll take the passport(cancelled) and 2 photographs. So that should be enough I hope.
Regards,
Old 25th March 2013, 21:03   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post

Thanks a lot for the pointers and tips. One of my friend also told me the same thing about police verification:(. So I guess I'll have to visit myself. BTW, only document that I've given was the bank statement (in original), so I guess I'll have to again get the statements from the bank? Along with that I'll take the passport(cancelled) and 2 photographs. So that should be enough I hope.
Regards,
I would advise you to take 2 different address proofs. Otherwise these policemen will make you visit them once again. Happened in my case last year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks