Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2013, 08:58   #1096
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
So you mean to say, i cannot go to PSK for passport renewal without an online appointment? I thought there should be a way out for impromptu submissions.
Yes, PSK's need an appointment even for renewals. RPO koramangala has tatkal walkin facility for Rs. 1000 extra. You'l need Annexure e and some police clearance certificate to apply at this RPO koramangala. Go for it only if you need to fly out immediately.
Old 26th March 2013, 09:02   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
BTW, only document that I've given was the bank statement (in original), so I guess I'll have to again get the statements from the bank? Along with that I'll take the passport(cancelled) and 2 photographs
Just carry all POI and POA originals and xerox's. Regardless of passport guys accepting only your bank statement cops will ask for the other originals and mostly make you sign on the photocopies.
Old 26th March 2013, 09:32   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Yes, PSK's need an appointment even for renewals. RPO koramangala has tatkal walkin facility for Rs. 1000 extra. You'l need Annexure e and some police clearance certificate to apply at this RPO koramangala. Go for it only if you need to fly out immediately.
The passport application PDF is not taking the old passport issue date of 2003. It blanks the field out, saying it is a future date.

What is the way out of this? Has anyone here faced the same?
Old 26th March 2013, 09:51   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to renew my dad's passport. Can i drop in at PSK tomorrow, without an appointment? Also, is this PSK according to your residence? I mean, like if am in JP Nagar, can i go to the PSK at Lalbagh. Heard there is another one in K'mangala.

From the website, i got to know i just need to carry the self-attested photocopies of the old passport and also the old passport in original. Is there anything else i need to carry? Also, how long it might take if am there without an appointment?

Pl. advise.
If your father is a senior citizen, he can walk-in to PSK without online appointment. It should not take more than 1 hour.

Passport office in Koramangala is a back end office, don't go there. Go to either Lalbagh PSK or Sai Arcade PSK near Marathahalli, depending on your convenience.

If his current address is same as the one on the old passport, he need not carry any other documents since the existing passport will serve as the proof for Id, age and address. Still, I would suggest you to carry some extra proofs for age, Id and address in original and photo copies.

Rohan
Old 26th March 2013, 21:25   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
What is the way out of this? Has anyone here faced the same?
Sounds quite weird. Try on another system. My mom's passport expired in the same year -2003. The form accepted 2003 when i filled it in! Must be some sort of a minor glitch from TCS side...
Old 26th March 2013, 21:48   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
If your father is a senior citizen, he can walk-in to PSK without online appointment. It should not take more than 1 hour.
Rohan
Thanks Rohan! Yes, he is a senior citizen and residing in the same address as before. Hope we can drop in at PSK@Lalbagh and get this done without an appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Sounds quite weird. Try on another system. My mom's passport expired in the same year -2003. The form accepted 2003 when i filled it in! Must be some sort of a minor glitch from TCS side...
I tried multiple times, but on the same machine. Anyways, as the applicant is a senior citizen, will try walk-in once.
Old 27th March 2013, 09:46   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rohan! Yes, he is a senior citizen and residing in the same address as before. Hope we can drop in at PSK@Lalbagh and get this done without an appointment.
He has to create a login on the passport website and upload the filled application form in soft format.

Then take a print out of application receipt, which contains the application reference number (take 2 copies of this).

Carry passport in original along with photo copies of first 2 and last 2 pages and any other relevant pages.

I would still suggest that he carries some alternate address proof such as BSNL landline bill, gas bills etc (one latest and another 1 year old) in original and xerox.

He can visit either Lalbagh PSK or Sai Arcade PSK. It is not area specific.

Rohan
Old 27th March 2013, 12:43   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I am not sure but i have been trying to get an appointment for last 3 months, almost everyday i log in at 5:55 pm, only to be told a few minutes later that all appointment are booked. I am on a fast corporate network and its surprising to see this has been happening for more than 3 months.
Mayankji

Please try these .

Use firefox , and in the address bar type in" about:config" and then click " i will be careful " .
You will see a new page opening up , search for "timeout" and increase the values of these 3 .

network.http.connection-retry-timeout
network.http.keep-alive.timeout
network.proxy.failover_timeout.

Sometime what happens our machine time or server time , might not be in sync with passport server time.
So from 5.50 onwards start trying to take an appointment , it will keep giving the message " try @ 6.00 bla bla bla " , so don't stop there and keep doing it continuously and i can assure you , you will be able to see the page for slots available.

Once you see the slot don't try to decide which one to choose just click on anyone of the slots, if possible make someone seat next to you who can read out the string which you need to input , and submit .

For me i was able to get to the slot page twice but after submitting it , it was timing out after sometime and was not able to book, so the next day increased the timeout and submitted .
Then also the firefox page timed out and it logged me out of the passport login , but when i logged back i saw the appointment was booked for me .

Please try that out , i am sure you will be able to get the slot .

Even then if you are not able to , then send a mail to this person Adith Phani Kumar @ adithphanikumar@gmail.com or you can reach him @ 91645 06928 , he will arrange a slot for you and i think he might charge you around Rs 850 for getting the slot .

Hope it helps .
Old 31st March 2013, 23:19   #1104
BHPian

Hi Friends

I am planning to apply for a new passport (First Time) in next week at Thane RPO. I am staying at rented apartment. So my query is regarding a valid address proof:

1. Is a notarized Leave and License agreement admissible as address proof
2. Will getting the agreement registered in courts be of any help
3. I do not have a MTNL landline on my name, but i have a Tata Docomo wifi with landline on my name. Is that of any use
4. Needless to say electricity bill is on Landlord's name
5. I have a aadhar card with current address; any luck with that?

Any other proof that you guys suggest.

Also any lead with some dependable guy who can help me with this in Thane?

Thanks!!

Rohit
Old 1st April 2013, 11:01   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post

Any other proof that you guys suggest.
I recommend sticking to the documents mentioned on the passport seva portal for address proof.

Also remember, whatever may be the address proof (acceptable by authorities), you have to prove that you have been staying there for more than a year.

Cheers
Old 1st April 2013, 11:53   #1106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Use firefox , and in the address bar type in" about:config" and then click " i will be careful " .
You will see a new page opening up , search for "timeout" and increase the values of these 3 .

network.http.connection-retry-timeout
network.http.keep-alive.timeout
network.proxy.failover_timeout.

Sometime what happens our machine time or server time , might not be in sync with passport server time.
I was able to download the form using FF. Then it started playing up in FF so went back to IE. Also, for the file, you must use Adobe Reader and not any other software (I tried Foxit, and then had to restart). Under IE I had no problems.
Old 1st April 2013, 12:36   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I was able to download the form using FF. Then it started playing up in FF so went back to IE. Also, for the file, you must use Adobe Reader and not any other software (I tried Foxit, and then had to restart). Under IE I had no problems.
Sir.
Could you please clarify which file/form are you referring here which needs to be opened via Adobe reader .
As far as getting an appointment is concerned , i don't remember if i had to open any file .

Cheers
Old 1st April 2013, 15:01   #1108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Sir.
Could you please clarify which file/form are you referring here which needs to be opened via Adobe reader .
As far as getting an appointment is concerned , i don't remember if i had to open any file .
The form is the application form, which you need not fill online. This can be filled off line, verified by the file itself, and then generate an XML, which you then upload after creating your account. All this needs Adobe Reader!

You need this file/form in your account before getting an appointment. I did not need the appointment since I am 60+. The best will be to create the account, upload the form, and then at the appointed hour (when bookings start) ask for an appointment.
Old 8th April 2013, 02:45   #1109
BHPian

Do I need to take an appointment if I have applied for renewal of my passport under tatkal scheme?? I tried booking an appointment but get a message that appointment is not available for this category. Trying to get it renewed in Bangalore.
Old 8th April 2013, 06:19   #1110
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Do I need to take an appointment if I have applied for renewal of my passport under tatkal scheme?? I tried booking an appointment but get a message that appointment is not available for this category. Trying to get it renewed in Bangalore.
You have to take an appointment at the PSK for this. And even for renewal you have to submit a bunch of documents and photos etc. My wife and I went through this in 2011 and in my case it was very smooth since my earlier passport was also reissued here in Bangalore. For my wife it was a bit chaotic and delayed because her earlier passport was issued in Bombay and the local cops had to wait for some report from there.
I would also suggest that you go to the Bangalore One Kendras and check if you can request the renewal through them, instead of the PSK, especially in case your passport was earlier issued in Bangalore or Karnataka itself.
The other option is to try out of Mysore or Mangalore because there is likely to be less pressure there.

Most Viewed