Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 18:38   #1111
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

I have 2 queries:

1. Renewing my own passport

The facts:
- Living in Bangalore since Apr 2008
- Original Passport issued by RPO Bhopal (M.P.)
- Family's own house address used as address proof
- All my ID documents carry my Bhopal address

Questions:
- Should I apply for a renewal in Bhopal or Bangalore?
- Am I eligible to apply in Bhopal, since I've haven't resided at that address for a few years now?
- What documents will I need?

2. Fresh passport for Wife

Facts:
- Wife's domiciled in Ghaziabad, U.P.
- All her ID documents carry her family's (permanent) Ghaziabad address
- Our Marriage Certificate is issued by the Sub-Registrar in her domicile area

Questions:
- Where should we apply for her passport? Her native (Ghaziabad), my native (Bhopal) or current residence (Bangalore)?
- She has been in Bangalore less than a year, and hasn't lived in Bhopal at all, so will that be an issue? Or is the spouse's credentials enough?
- What documents will she need? Again, will my credentials (added to the Marriage Certificate) be enough for her, or does she need to satisfy each credential requirement (Address proof etc.) as an individual?

Appreciate the help!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th April 2013 at 18:42.
Old 9th April 2013, 10:12   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Day3: I try from my moms house(airtel's 8mbps line) my cousin manages to move moms apt by a day so that she can go along with my wife, but I end up getting an apt for myself, my wife's session times out.
2 slots confirmed

hope this helps
@ Raihan, Jaggu - Thanks for sharing the log.

Question for you and the other good samaritans who have been updating this thread regularly -

Can I use my login to book an appointment for my wife assuming the same documents have been uploaded ?

We have been trying with a 16 Mbps line with 15 Mbps speeds but we haven't been very successful. Everytime someone else takes our Appointment by the time we enter the captcha phrase

Cheers
Old 9th April 2013, 10:27   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I have 2 queries:

1. Renewing my own passport

The facts:
- Living in Bangalore since Apr 2008

Questions:
- Should I apply for a renewal in Bhopal or Bangalore?

2. Fresh passport for Wife

Facts:
- Wife's domiciled in Ghaziabad, U.P.

Questions:
- Where should we apply for her passport? Her native (Ghaziabad), my native (Bhopal) or current residence (Bangalore)?
- What documents will she need? Again, will my credentials (added to the Marriage Certificate) be enough for her, or does she need to satisfy each credential requirement (Address proof etc.) as an individual?

Appreciate the help!
You should apply for your passport at Bangalore, given that you've been in Bangalore for the last 5 years.

Your wife should also apply for her passport in Bangalore. It doesn't matter if she hasn't lived in Bhopal, her previous address can be Ghaziabad address.

If you get your passport with a Bangalore address and your wife's name is endorsed on your (new) passport, your wife can use it as an address proof. Otherwise, she needs to have an address proof in her name (with Bangalore address).

For documents required, visit: http://passportindia.gov.in
Old 9th April 2013, 11:54   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I have 2 queries:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
You should apply for your passport at Bangalore, given that you've been in Bangalore for the last 5 years.

Your wife should also apply for her passport in Bangalore. It doesn't matter if she hasn't lived in Bhopal, her previous address can be Ghaziabad address.

If you get your passport with a Bangalore address and your wife's name is endorsed on your (new) passport, your wife can use it as an address proof. Otherwise, she needs to have an address proof in her name (with Bangalore address).

For documents required, visit: http://passportindia.gov.in
They do not accept Husband's passport as address proof (They rejected my wife's application and asked for one more address proof).

Here is what you need to do to get your address proof.

a,A letter from your Employer mentioning your joining date, position,current residential address &
b, Your bank passbook and statement of account for last one year.

For your wife's passport.

1, Get your passport with her name endorsed and bank statements for last one year with bank passbook.

Note:If you have your account elsewhere, transfer your account to a branch in B'lore, get a new passbook with your photograph mentioning your current address.Take printouts statement of account for last one year and get the same endorsed from your bank.

PM me if you need any additional info.

Waseem.
Old 9th April 2013, 12:04   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@ Raihan, Jaggu - Thanks for sharing the log.

Question for you and the other good samaritans who have been updating this thread regularly -

Can I use my login to book an appointment for my wife assuming the same documents have been uploaded ?

We have been trying with a 16 Mbps line with 15 Mbps speeds but we haven't been very successful. Everytime someone else takes our Appointment by the time we enter the captcha phrase

Cheers
why would u want to use your login to book your wife's apt.? since you are family, you can just take 1 apt. & your spouse can walk-in along with you on the basis of your apt. (I saw this rule on the notice board outside the PSK)
But you will need to take at least 1 apt, unless you are a Sr. Citizen wherein one can walk in until 11am.
hope this helps,
R
Old 9th April 2013, 13:22   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
why would u want to use your login to book your wife's apt.? since you are family, you can just take 1 apt. & your spouse can walk-in along with you on the basis of your apt. (I saw this rule on the notice board outside the PSK)
But you will need to take at least 1 apt, unless you are a Sr. Citizen wherein one can walk in until 11am.
hope this helps,
R
Thanks Raihan - I am not doing booking an appointment for myself but was wondering if it will improve the chances if 2 of us try instead of one..

Hope this clarifies

Cheers
Old 9th April 2013, 14:10   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
You have to take an appointment at the PSK for this. And even for renewal you have to submit a bunch of documents and photos etc. My wife and I went through this in 2011 and in my case it was very smooth since my earlier passport was also reissued here in Bangalore. For my wife it was a bit chaotic and delayed because her earlier passport was issued in Bombay and the local cops had to wait for some report from there.
I would also suggest that you go to the Bangalore One Kendras and check if you can request the renewal through them, instead of the PSK, especially in case your passport was earlier issued in Bangalore or Karnataka itself.
The other option is to try out of Mysore or Mangalore because there is likely to be less pressure there.
I read somewhere that appointment is not needed for tatkal renewal. Also, Bangalore One have stopped passport services. My passport was issued in Bangalore in 2002 and has expired now.
Old 9th April 2013, 18:44   #1118
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post

I read somewhere that appointment is not needed for tatkal renewal. Also, Bangalore One have stopped passport services. My passport was issued in Bangalore in 2002 and has expired now.
An Appointment is absolutely mandatory with PSK. One cant just barge in. Especially for Tatkal, where you have to make a request of the PSK TCS executive at the time of submission of documents. He will view your case and decide whether you can be sent to the Tatkal line. You pay the extra charge at this stage and then go through the rest of the process. Tatkal normally is allowed for those whose passports have been issued locally and for whom the police verification has been done before. They call it 'post verification' and once the passport is issued they will randomly re- verify you. Sometimes they may not. In your case however since ten years are over and the passport itself has expired, they might not even grant Tatkal. This bit is quite arbitrary or discretionary in terms of decision making and there is no transparency at all to be had. Typically one is supposed to renew one's passport six months before it actually expires or if pne is running out of pages.
I m afraid there is no go but to get on the net and try and try and try to get that appointment.
You can check my wife's and my experience somewhere on this thread. The date was sometime in May 2011, when we had to go through all this stuff to get our passports renewed.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th April 2013 at 18:45.
Old 10th April 2013, 18:10   #1119
BHPian

If its a reissue of Passport, because of Damage to the passport along with addition of Spouse Name require a "Police Verification"? I see a "Pre Police Verification" in the Acknowledgement form after i completed my process! Why is this? Any ideas?
Old 10th April 2013, 19:15   #1120
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
If its a reissue of Passport, because of Damage to the passport along with addition of Spouse Name require a "Police Verification"? I see a "Pre Police Verification" in the Acknowledgement form after i completed my process! Why is this? Any ideas?
Even in case of re issue of passport, sometimes they require a police verification. In your case since the passport was damaged, they may want to be sure it was not tampered with. In most cases, if the previous passport has been issued in the same city within a certain time-frame, say 6-7 years, unless the address etc has changed, they typically do a post verification only. End of the day they have a number of guidelines to cover the maximum scenarios possible, but it is also left to some extent to the discretion of the Passport Officer on duty on that day and his perceptions of the scenario.
Old 12th April 2013, 12:19   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

An Appointment is absolutely mandatory with PSK. One cant just barge in. Especially for Tatkal, where you have to make a request of the PSK TCS executive at the time of submission of documents. He will view your case and decide whether you can be sent to the Tatkal line. You pay the extra charge at this stage and then go through the rest of the process. Tatkal normally is allowed for those whose passports have been issued locally and for whom the police verification has been done before. They call it 'post verification' and once the passport is issued they will randomly re- verify you. Sometimes they may not. In your case however since ten years are over and the passport itself has expired, they might not even grant Tatkal. This bit is quite arbitrary or discretionary in terms of decision making and there is no transparency at all to be had. Typically one is supposed to renew one's passport six months before it actually expires or if pne is running out of pages.
I m afraid there is no go but to get on the net and try and try and try to get that appointment.
You can check my wife's and my experience somewhere on this thread. The date was sometime in May 2011, when we had to go through all this stuff to get our passports renewed.
My mom got her passport renewed in Dec 2011 via tatkal after it had expired . She got it within 2days and police verification happened later. Back then she got an appointment but from what I heard we don't need an appointment now for tatkal. I have tried getting an appointment under tatkal online but it always says that appointments under that scheme are not available.
Old 17th April 2013, 11:30   #1122
Senior - BHPian

My passport is expiring in October 2013. I would like to add my wife's name in the passport for which we would have to notarize a joint affidavit. Does anyone know of any notaries in Whitefield/Marathahalli area?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th April 2013, 12:04   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

A question related to my mom's passport renewal. today morning she had an appointment at the PSK Ahmedabad. While at the process the person said that since her passport has a small tear / crack she needs an affidavit from a lawyer. But they werent clear what they want on that affidavit. The crack / tear is so small that one probably needs a magnifying glass to spot it.

Has anyone here every faced such an issue?

Thanks,

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 17th April 2013 at 12:05.
Old 17th April 2013, 12:35   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
My passport is expiring in October 2013. I would like to add my wife's name in the passport for which we would have to notarize a joint affidavit. Does anyone know of any notaries in Whitefield/Marathahalli area?

Thanks in advance.
They will charge you Rs 400-500 if you approach them. DIY is the key here.

Buy a 20rs E-Stamp, print the matter on both sides and affix a joint pic on the bottom left. Take it to any notary and he will charge you Rs 50 to notarize it.

I did the same thing last month for my wife's passport.

BTW:You dont require a joint affidavit if you have a marriage certificate.

Waseem.
Old 17th April 2013, 12:35   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post

Thanks in advance.
i also added my wife's name in my passport in Feb 2013. i just needed marriage certificate. no affidavit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks