Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2013, 13:46   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
DIY is the key here.

Buy a 20rs E-Stamp, print the matter on both sides and affix a joint pic on the bottom left. Take it to any notary and he will charge you Rs 50 to notarize it.

I did the same thing last month for my wife's passport.

BTW:You dont require a joint affidavit if you have a marriage certificate.

Waseem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
i also added my wife's name in my passport in Feb 2013. i just needed marriage certificate. no affidavit.
Thanks for the inputs.

I have a marriage certificate but it does not have photo. Also the address mentioned in it is not the current address or the permanent address. Hence not not sure whether it will be useful. Any idea how to find a notary?

Thanks.
Old 17th April 2013, 14:03   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Thanks for the inputs.

I have a marriage certificate but it does not have photo. Also the address mentioned in it is not the current address or the permanent address. Hence not not sure whether it will be useful. Any idea how to find a notary?

Thanks.
It is ok if the marriage certificate does not have a pic or the current/permanent address.You can use the same for addition of spouse name.

PFB the link if you still need a Notary guy in your area.

http://www.justdial.com/Bangalore/No...efield/ct-4599

Waseem.
Old 17th April 2013, 23:13   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how to find a notary?
You may not need one in this case, but if you are still loooking - look around the passport office in the side lanes, you may find one in any of the photo-copier shops. You can also search near sub-registrar offices or courts.
Old 18th April 2013, 06:43   #1129
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

Thanks for the inputs.

Thanks.
The BDA Complex, Koramangala has a bunch of job typists who will arrange for your affidavit to be made, affix the photographs to it and get you your notarized attestation, all for a reasonable price.
I also got my marriage certificate and various affidavits done there.
Very smooth, very efficient and perfectly acceptable for things like passports, loans, driving licenses and other paraphernalia of governmental red tapism....
Old 19th April 2013, 18:17   #1130
BHPian

Hi Friends i filed an online application for fresh passport through normal route. I failed many times to book the online appointment. It just closes off in fraction of seconds. How do it manage this. I am in desperate need of advice. Please help!
Old 20th April 2013, 08:13   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

A question related to my mom's passport renewal. today morning she had an appointment at the PSK Ahmedabad. While at the process the person said that since her passport has a small tear / crack she needs an affidavit from a lawyer. But they werent clear what they want on that affidavit. The crack / tear is so small that one probably needs a magnifying glass to spot it.

Has anyone here every faced such an issue?

Thanks,

Regards,
I guess its better to have an Affidavit for Damaged passport handy. You never know when they might insist on one. You would need "Annexure L". You can get the format here - http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...exureAffidavit

You can go to a Notary, he will have format ready with him. It might cost around 100-150Rs.

Last edited by bond_bhai : 20th April 2013 at 08:15. Reason: Link
Old 22nd April 2013, 07:25   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Does anybody know thr procedures for passport application for Senior Citizens at the Malad PSK in Mumbai.Can they just walkin or is an appointment needed?Thanks in advance for sharing any sr.citizen experiences that anybody has had.
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:29   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi Friends i filed an online application for fresh passport through normal route. I failed many times to book the online appointment. It just closes off in fraction of seconds. How do it manage this. I am in desperate need of advice. Please help!
It is difficult but not impossible.

Login at 5:55 pm and keep practicing entering the captcha for 5 minutes. It would help if you have 2 people sitting in front of the PC, on to operate the keyboard and another to operate the mouse. (Even a fraction of a second can be the deciding factor)

Use a fast internet connection, preferably 2 Mbps and above.

Once the appointment slots get displayed, don't think about what time suits you. Just click whereever your mouse is located.

Last resort would be to approach an agent. Apparently they can operate the keyboard and mouse faster than us, hence charge a hefty amount just for getting the appointment.

Rohan
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:37   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hi

Does anybody know thr procedures for passport application for Senior Citizens at the Malad PSK in Mumbai.Can they just walkin or is an appointment needed?Thanks in advance for sharing any sr.citizen experiences that anybody has had.
We need to file the application online, but appointments are not neccesary for senior citizens as long as you are at PSK before 11 AM. Please carry the online application receipt. I filed a renewal application for my dad recently and followed the above procedure at lalbagh PSK in Bangalore.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:00   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
We need to file the application online, but appointments are not neccesary for senior citizens as long as you are at PSK before 11 AM. Please carry the online application receipt. I filed a renewal application for my dad recently and followed the above procedure at lalbagh PSK in Bangalore.
Thanks for this info JM,really helps.What was the experience like at Lalbagh PSK?Long line for senior citizens?Reason is because I want to schedule things accordingly at Malad because the person is really old and he really wouldnt be in any shape to hang around the place for half a day.Thanks once again.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:26   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Keep trying may try for Monday which opens on Sunday/Sat I guess
Trying is the mantra for you
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:10   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanks for this info JM,really helps.What was the experience like at Lalbagh PSK?Long line for senior citizens?Reason is because I want to schedule things accordingly at Malad because the person is really old and he really wouldnt be in any shape to hang around the place for half a day.Thanks once again.
Well, for us it took 2 hours in and out of PSK. Even for senior citizens, we need to be on queue to get a token and then the wait starts for it to appear on the screens. You need to be at 3 different counters for it to end, but most of it is done at the first counter. I urge him to be there early in the morning, and also if possible someone to accompany him.
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:00   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post

Please try these .

Use firefox , and in the address bar type in" about:config" and then click " i will be careful " .
You will see a new page opening up , search for "timeout" and increase the values of these 3 .

network.http.connection-retry-timeout
network.http.keep-alive.timeout
network.proxy.failover_timeout.

Sometime what happens our machine time or server time , might not be in sync with passport server time.
So from 5.50 onwards start trying to take an appointment , it will keep giving the message " try @ 6.00 bla bla bla " , so don't stop there and keep doing it continuously and i can assure you , you will be able to see the page for slots available.

Once you see the slot don't try to decide which one to choose just click on anyone of the slots, if possible make someone seat next to you who can read out the string which you need to input , and submit .

For me i was able to get to the slot page twice but after submitting it , it was timing out after sometime and was not able to book, so the next day increased the timeout and submitted .
Then also the firefox page timed out and it logged me out of the passport login , but when i logged back i saw the appointment was booked for me .

Please try that out , i am sure you will be able to get the slot .

Even then if you are not able to , then send a mail to this person Adith Phani Kumar @ adithphanikumar@gmail.com or you can reach him @ 91645 06928 , he will arrange a slot for you and i think he might charge you around Rs 850 for getting the slot .

Hope it helps .
Quote:
How do it manage this. I am in desperate need of advice. Please help!
Please see my post quoted above .
I followed the same and was able to book a slot in one go .

Hope it helps . Let us know if it works or not.
Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 22nd April 2013 at 19:02.
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:08   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone rescheduled the passport appointment ? What is the procedure for it ?

Rohan
Old 29th April 2013, 14:35   #1140

Hi,

I had submitted my passport application at PSK on 22nd April 2013 for renewal. I had to get the address changed and also add my wife's name to my passport. Today I checked the status on the site and it says "Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/email once the passport is dispatched".

I am a little confused with this update as there should have been a Police verification as I had changed the address. Do i need to assume that there is no police verification for me? Has anyone seen similar update? Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks