Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2013, 14:50   #1141
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

My Passport says "Gone for Printing" and "Police verification received".
This means it should be dispatched within the next 3-4 days?
Old 29th April 2013, 15:09   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Has anyone rescheduled the passport appointment ? What is the procedure for it ?

Rohan
Only one person in India did it. Rajnikant.

Jokes aside, it is very difficult to get an appointment and i am not sure if you will be able to reschedule in such a short span of time.You can log in your account, go to appointment section and reschedule the same by Logging in at 6pm (when the slots open). The best option here is to cancel the existing appointment and book another one.

Waseem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
Hi,

I had submitted my passport application at PSK on 22nd April 2013 for renewal. I had to get the address changed and also add my wife's name to my passport. Today I checked the status on the site and it says "Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/email once the passport is dispatched".

I am a little confused with this update as there should have been a Police verification as I had changed the address. Do i need to assume that there is no police verification for me? Has anyone seen similar update? Thanks
Police verification and passport application processing happens parallely, only in cases of renewal.You will get a call from the police station soon.

Waseem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My Passport says "Gone for Printing" and "Police verification received".
This means it should be dispatched within the next 3-4 days?
5-7 days.The next update will be in Printing, followed by printed and will be dispatched soon.

Waseem.
Old 30th April 2013, 12:26   #1143
Senior - BHPian

I need 2 passports for my kids.

Boy ( 4 this June ) - Have Birth Certificate although all the spelling of father / mother etc are wrong. Name is not printed. I have his School ID Card ( he just got admitted in DPS )

Girl - 3 Months - Have Hospital Certificate of Birth. Need to get one from the Nagar Nigam which is a step I will follow on the side as it is all online these days.

Wife - Original Passport still valid for 3 more years. But has her maiden Surname. I want a new one which shows her current address in Agra ( Old one is Delhi ).

My Passport just got remade in 2011 and is valid till 2021. I did get my wife's name endorsed on my passport.

Now my question is what should I do ? Should I approach a travel agent and give him all documents or should I fill up these forms Online ? Or should I go to Ghaziabad one fine day and get it done myself.

Money is not a problem. I dont want to save a few thousand rupees. But what I want is these passports made in a maximum of 2 months as we may plan a vacation together very soon. So I should have these docs ready.

Please suggest.

Also ECR should be there right ? I saw this column online.
Old 4th May 2013, 12:16   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I need to renew someone's passport which had expired in the year 2002. The old passport is a manually written type and also has the old address of the person on it.
Do we need to apply for reissue or get a completely new passport ?
Old 4th May 2013, 12:22   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Folks, I need to renew someone's passport which had expired in the year 2002. The old passport is a manually written type and also has the old address of the person on it.
Apply for a fresh passport as process for renewal after 1 year of expiry and new passport is the same. You can apply on passport seva kendra portal.
Old 4th May 2013, 15:14   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Should I approach a travel agent and give him all documents or should I fill up these forms Online ? Also ECR should be there right ?
The only help you will get from the agent could be to book an appointment for your wife. You can't avoid the following even if you go to an agent:
a) Collating the documents required
b) Being there in person for the appointment etc
I would suggest that you fill up the forms online and book an appointment. The process is made simple and "transparent" which will negate the need for an agent.

The default is ECNR (not marked on the passport) and they will mark it on the passport only if it is ECR. You should get ECNR.

Quote:
Folks, I need to renew someone's passport which had expired in the year 2002. Do we need to apply for reissue or get a completely new passport ?
Reissue and "new" are one and the same in this case, you need to submit relevant documents as if this is a new passport and also enclose copy of the old passport.
Old 6th May 2013, 17:04   #1147
Senior - BHPian

PSK MALAD(east),Mumbai-Senior Citizens Appointment

Hi,

I was at the PSK Malad the other day for the renewal of my wife's parents fresh passport applications.Just a few pointers that might help others:

1.No prior appointment needed for Sr.Citizens at PSK Malad and PSK Andheri

2.Sr.citizens can walkin any time between 0930 and 1030

3.One blood relative is allowed to accompany the senior citizen into the psk-in my case I was not allowed in!

4.Took them 2 hours for the entire process and their form has a pre-verification stamp which means passport would be issued only post verification by the local police.
Old 8th May 2013, 10:00   #1148
Senior - BHPian

I have been trying to schedule an appointment for 3 days now, and I simply get the message that all available slots are booked for the day or something like :
"Currently no appointment slots are available for the selected Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Please try scheduling an appointment from 08/05/2013, 12:00 PM onwards.".
Old 8th May 2013, 11:28   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need to apply for new passport, but do mention the old passport number in the passport application form. Passport can be reissued upto 1 year before expiry or upto 2 years after expiry.

Quote:
I have been trying to schedule an appointment for 3 days now, and I simply get the message that all available slots are booked for the day or something like :
"Currently no appointment slots are available for the selected Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Please try scheduling an appointment from 08/05/2013, 12:00 PM onwards.".
This means that you need to login and book the appointment exactly at the date and time mentioned in the message. Have fun booking the slot - it is extremely difficult, but possible.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 8th May 2013 at 11:35.
Old 8th May 2013, 13:17   #1150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the world of passport booking! And you thought booking a tatkal ticket on irctc was tough

Jokes apart, login and veer to the application page at 11.59 a.m. and make that attempt at the book appointment link exactly at 12. Chances are there you might be displayed available slots, but they get booked before you can confirm, but atleast once it will go your way Btw the slots get done in less than a minute.
Old 8th May 2013, 13:46   #1151
Senior - BHPian

I went to PSK on ORR last Monday for renewing my kids passports. Kids need not have prior appointment and can walk in.

We reached there by 09:30AM and by 11:30AM both my kids passport details have been verified and acknowledgement handed over.

Yesterday we received both the passports. Well that was quick!
Old 8th May 2013, 14:21   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Kids need not have prior appointment and can walk in.
Kids,Senior Citizens and people traveling for medical treatment do not require prior appointment at any PSK across India.

Waseem.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:18   #1153
Senior - BHPian

My passport has been dispatched but as I was out of town I couldn't receive it. Now the status is showing as Delivered to but in Koramangala. What can be the issue? Also it seems they've attempted to deliver it around 10 days back but after that the passport was forwarded to Koramangala. What should I do now? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:55   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
My passport has been dispatched but as I was out of town I couldn't receive it. Now the status is showing as Delivered to but in Koramangala. What can be the issue? Also it seems they've attempted to deliver it around 10 days back but after that the passport was forwarded to Koramangala. What should I do now? Any help would be appreciated.
Call Speed Post helpline and explain your case.

Call Passport helpline and explain your case.

They will surely provide some guidance.

Rohan
Old 8th May 2013, 17:12   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
What should I do now? Any help would be appreciated.
Go to RPO Koramangala with the PSK receipt and an ID Card to collect the passport.

Waseem.

Most Viewed