Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
You can apply for a renewal before 1 year of expiry

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/Forms.htm

Waseem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Renewal of passport doesn't have any (expiry) time limit if you have any valid reasons for change in the passport details (I just renewed my passport that was due to expire in 2020).

As correctly pointed out by Waseem, re-issue of an soon-to-expire passport has a 1 year time period condition.
Thanks for the update guys. Booked my appointment date and got one for 5th July 2013.

Thanks.
Old 25th July 2013, 17:39   #1262
Senior - BHPian

I had submittted mine and wife's passport application on 11th July 2013 however till date the status shows that 'Passport application has been submitted with supporting documents and fees'.

I called up their helpline and the guy on the phone advised me to visit the PSK to get more information on the status.

Is there an ETA to when the status would change?

Most Importantly: I was not asked to go to the Granting counter (C), I was directed towards the Exit counter after the Verification (B) counter. Is anybody aware whether it is mandatory to go to the Granting counter (C) and is that the reason why my application hasn't been processed till now?
Old 25th July 2013, 22:06   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Most Importantly: [/b]I was not asked to go to the Granting counter (C), I was directed towards the Exit counter after the Verification (B) counter. Is anybody aware whether it is mandatory to go to the Granting counter (C) and is that the reason why my application hasn't been processed till now?
Was it for a fresh passport or a renewal? Were you given the final receipt before exiting? Most likey, you may have to visit the PSK and get this sorted out. They should have given specific reasons why you have not been sent to the counter (C) or otherwise the counters would have been closed by the time you are out of counter (B) on that day. Either way, you should have visited the PSK the next day.
Old 26th July 2013, 15:05   #1264
Senior - BHPian

My wife went to the PSK today to find out more about this. She was told that it takes 20 working days (Mon-Fri) for the police verification and overall 45 calendar days for the passport to be delivered.

Since it hasn't been 20 working days for us we've been asked to wait for now.
Old 5th August 2013, 20:57   #1265
BHPian

Just a few questions from my side,

Do I need to go back to my original place of issue for renewing my passport?

During renewal can I update my marital status and include my wife's name or will I need to reapply? My signature too has changed since the last application.
What supporting documents do i need for this since all that I have in my new address is my HRA and Gas connection bill.

Can I travel with an un-updated marital status passport which hasnt expired but will do before I return back?
Old 6th August 2013, 13:07   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Just a few questions from my side,

Do I need to go back to my original place of issue for renewing my passport?

During renewal can I update my marital status and include my wife's name or will I need to reapply? My signature too has changed since the last application.
What supporting documents do i need for this since all that I have in my new address is my HRA and Gas connection bill.

Can I travel with an un-updated marital status passport which hasnt expired but will do before I return back?
1, You can apply from Bangalore itself.

2, You can include your wife's name during renewal.You need to produce Marriage certificate or an affidavit.

3, HRA will not do,Gas connection certificate will do if it is an year old.You can get a letter from your employer stating your DOJ and your current address.Bank statements for last one year will serve as address proof.

4, All countries insist that DOE of passport should be 6 months before the expiry of Visa, in all probability you may not get a visa if you apply for US,UK or Schengen.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 6th August 2013 at 13:10.
Old 6th August 2013, 13:43   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

I have a question in mind for a long time. Hope someone can advise me.

My passport expires in June 2015 (2 years from now). I am expecting a Visa Stamping to be done in the next 6 months.

- Should I apply for and get a new passport now and have the Visa stamped on it ?
- Or should I have the Visa stamped on the old passport and apply for a new one around 2015 ?
- Since I will have two passports, will the stamped Visas from the old passport be valid ? Or do I need to get the Visas transferred to the new passport ?

I have travelled abroad just 2 times and have limited knowledge on Passport and Visas. Appreciate someone's help here.
Old 6th August 2013, 14:09   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Friends,

I have a question in mind for a long time. Hope someone can advise me.

My passport expires in June 2015 (2 years from now). I am expecting a Visa Stamping to be done in the next 6 months.

- Should I apply for and get a new passport now and have the Visa stamped on it ?
- Or should I have the Visa stamped on the old passport and apply for a new one around 2015 ?
- Since I will have two passports, will the stamped Visas from the old passport be valid ? Or do I need to get the Visas transferred to the new passport ?

I have travelled abroad just 2 times and have limited knowledge on Passport and Visas. Appreciate someone's help here.
1,You can get your visa stamped in your current passport.
2,The visas will not be transferred to your new passport, you need to carry both passports when you travel if you have a valid visa on your old passport.

If you have time, the best thing would be to get a new passport.

Regards,

Waseem.
Old 6th August 2013, 14:19   #1269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1,You can get your visa stamped in your current passport.
2,The visas will not be transferred to your new passport, you need to carry both passports when you travel if you have a valid visa on your old passport.
Hi, is this the standard for all countries? I know that for US visa, you need to carry the old passport where the visa is stamped, but just wanted to know if other countries follow the same rule. Thank you.
Old 6th August 2013, 15:06   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi, is this the standard for all countries? I know that for US visa, you need to carry the old passport where the visa is stamped, but just wanted to know if other countries follow the same rule. Thank you.
Yes, all countries follow this rule but there are exceptions if you travel by road to certain countries or using that country for transit.

Waseem.
Old 6th August 2013, 15:13   #1271
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, all countries follow this rule but there are exceptions if you travel by road to certain countries or using that country for transit.
Thank you! Right now I have the US visa in my old passport, but this is something which I can keep in mind for future applications, especially on the possible exceptions for road travel. Thanks again
Old 29th August 2013, 22:50   #1272
BHPian

Last week we (wife, son and self) went to renew my six year old son's passport. It is due to expire in October this year. We could not renew because the online system shows that there is a passport application pending in his name.

The history is this. Sometime in late 2007 I applied for his passport at Thane RPO while we were living in Vashi. Before it was issued we moved to Noida. So we transferred the application to Ghaziabad RPO and received the passport in 2008.

The application status at Thane has not been updated and is still shown as pending. We now require closing letter of that application in order to renew the passport.

I have sent email to thane RPO requesting closing of that application, but have not received any response. We have contacted an agent in Navi Mumbai but he has not been very encouraging. The official here told us he can forward it through official channels but it will take a long time. As per him the other option is to physically go to Thane RPO. Both does not suit us for various reasons.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
Old 30th August 2013, 21:50   #1273

Passport Renewal

I have gone through this thread and have some queries for gurus:

I am planning to apply for passport renewal for myself (address change), add spouse name and delete ECR in Tatkal

1. Is it possible to take appointment in Normal quota and get it converted to Tatkal when I visit the PSK or appointment in Tatkal quota is mandatory for application under Tatkal?

2. How difficult is it to get Tatkal appointment at Malad PSK (Mumbai) ?

3. For address proof, planning to submit Bank statement - ICICI (1st and 12th month), company letter, Aadhar card. Is this ok?

Pls advise
Old 31st August 2013, 12:45   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post

I have sent email to thane RPO requesting closing of that application, but have not received any response. We have contacted an agent in Navi Mumbai but he has not been very encouraging. The official here told us he can forward it through official channels but it will take a long time. As per him the other option is to physically go to Thane RPO. Both does not suit us for various reasons.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
I think a visit to MEA will be of definite help and since you are based in NCR,this should not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
I have gone through this thread and have some queries for gurus:

3. For address proof, planning to submit Bank statement - ICICI (1st and 12th month), company letter, Aadhar card. Is this ok?

Pls advise
Dial the helpline to get answer for Q1 and i am not sure about Q2.

Internet bank statements are accepted as address proof and they need to be endorsed by the bank.Pls carry your bank passbook and photo copy of the same.Company letter stating your DOJ, designation and Residential address will also be accepted as address proof.

Waseem.
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:51   #1275
BHPian

I have a 3+ yrs kid. I wish to apply for his passport. As there is no urgency, will apply for normal passport instead of express. I want to know if the rules are changed from 1st July' 13.

I heard that there is no need to book slot if application is for kids. Is it true? Has anyone applied for kids in past 2 months?

Also, what is average time for getting passport of kids?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks