Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2013, 23:33   #1336
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post

The funny thing is that we have say 20 counters in A -> 10 counters in B -> 5 counters in C.

Why is this so? Anyone will have to cross these three hurdles anyway, all it leads to is slow processing, since the queue in the consecutive counter is longer. Also why this 3 fold verification of the same documents?
I had done my Passport reissue yesterday and these are my observations.
1. Counter A and the pre verification counters are manned by TCS guys who do all the hard work of verification the document, scanning, taking photos and correcting issues with the passport application.
2. Counter 2 is Verification Officer and Counter 3 is AGO (Assistant Grant Officer?) are manned by MEA, old guys who think they are very correct but very illogical and are very are not at all computer savvy.
3. Considering the count of MEA guys and how comfortable they are with computers TCS have done a very good job with reducing the amount of time in taking up application processing.

In my case my appointment was at 12:30 and there was a lunch time in between. On top of it AGO was very adamant that my address proofs (BSNL bill and Electricity bill) have to be consistent word for word. How is that possible when each department has their own way of entering address fields.

Result: Spending 3.5 hour shutting between counter A->B->C and then to A again for atleast 3 times with my documents and relaying message as MEA guys do not know how to enter or read comments on the computer. By the time I was done I was exhausted, hungry and in a real bad mood. Atleast I was done with wasting only one single day.

Now I hear they have stopped walk-in for applying passports for kids at all chennai PSK. Looks like I have another ordeal in front of me.
Old 26th December 2013, 12:57   #1337
BHPian

I had my appointment on 24 at the Marthahalli PSK Bangalore.I was getting renewal of passport for me and spouse,addition of spouse name on passport.Firstly a big thanks to members on this thread giving details on the process/documents so well.

It took me 4 hours from entry to exit, as mentioned by members here there are 4 steps: Token Issuance->A->B->C. The Token and A counter processes were completed in half an hour the B & C counter took 3.5 hours of wich 3.15 mins was waiting time.It is well organised compared to earlier times, but for people with kids/infants and senior citizens it is quite taxing with the rush at the token counter and waiting halls.It is good to report at the reporting time or max 15 mins prior to reporting time mentioned on the letter, else you will be unnecessarily wasting time standing in the que outside.Also as mentioned there is no logic in how the renewals take place my wife got her passport granted without Police Verification(PV) ,I got PV on post verification basis .The sarkari babus can either be super efficient as I saw on some counters in B where a lady was clearing 10 applications by the time my assigned officer was clearing 1 . Better to adress the B&C counter personnel as Sir and Mam else as has been reported in the forum they come up with various reasons to send you back for documents.Great job by TCS personnel and will be good if B&C counters can also have at least 6~7 personnel manning B&C counters,to ensure the process is over in couple of hours, since TCS has around 11 counters .
Old 26th December 2013, 15:25   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
So the visit on 13th Dec has been concluded.

Now lets see the police verification part.
Do we still have to pay bribes to policewalla these days?
No one from Police station has visited yet.
Looks like my fears about bribery still holds valid.
Old 26th December 2013, 18:14   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I

Now I hear they have stopped walk-in for applying passports for kids at all chennai PSK. Looks like I have another ordeal in front of me.
May i know your source of info.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masin4 View Post

It is well organised compared to earlier times, but for people with kids/infants and senior citizens it is quite taxing with the rush at the token counter and waiting halls.
All the PSK's have a separate queue for Kids and senior citizens for token issuance and the time taken to complete A-B-C is not more than 30 mins if all your docs are in order.(At least here in Bangalore).

Waseem.
Old 26th December 2013, 23:30   #1340
Senior - BHPian

I was at the PSK day before yesterday to collect my PCC. And at the same time I inquired about passport issue process for my daughter. She is 16 days old.

I was told that we need to fill the form online and generate the ARN number but we can walk in the PSK anytime we want. Also in addition I was told that I will need to carry 4 x passport size photographs for the child.

I filled up the form today and took an appointment for 31st Dec. But we plan to go around 2 week of Jan now. Dr advised we go after at least 1 month of birth.

I really feel for infants at least they shouldn't have the "kid present" rule. Just my thoughts. Parents should be authorized to get the process done on the child's behalf.

Regards,
Old 27th December 2013, 11:13   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
May i know your source of info.?
I saw a circular in front of PSK got it confirmed with the enquiry as I have an 8 month old son for whom I plan to apply for a new passport after my current address and spouse name is added in my reissued one.
This is applicable only for the 3 Chennai PSKs (Aminjikarai, Saligramam & Tambaram). The Senior Citizen and Physically Challenged can still do a Walk-in.
Old 27th December 2013, 11:43   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

I filled up the form today and took an appointment for 31st Dec. But we plan to go around 2 week of Jan now. Dr advised we go after at least 1 month of birth.

I really feel for infants at least they shouldn't have the "kid present" rule. Just my thoughts. Parents should be authorized to get the process done on the child's behalf. Regards,
If you are planning to go in the 2 week of Jan, please cancel your appointment and free that slot.

The ''kid present" rule is justified as there are lots of legalities involved when issuing a pp for a infant/Minor and that is the reason these guys ask for Annexure H from both parents, embassy endorsed certificate if any parent is abroad, divorce decree/death certificate of either spouse/Child custody from single parents.

Waseem.
Old 27th December 2013, 11:55   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are planning to go in the 2 week of Jan, please cancel your appointment and free that slot.

The ''kid present" rule is justified as there are lots of legalities involved when issuing a pp for a infant/Minor and that is the reason these guys ask for Annexure H from both parents, embassy endorsed certificate if any parent is abroad, divorce decree/death certificate of either spouse/Child custody from single parents.

Waseem.
Got it. "KID PRESENT" makes sense

Yes. I already cancelled my appointment as soon as it was decided that we are not going on 31st.
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:18   #1344
BHPian

I have my appointment on 7th Jan @ PSK, Marathahalli, Bangalore.

Do I need to carry passport size photos? Couldn't find it mentioned anywhere on the Passport website.

Document copies I currently have -
- Old passport
- Gas Connection Proof (for address change)
- Marriage Certificate (for inclusion of wife's name)

Experienced people, do I need to carry anything else besides the above mentioned copies and their originals?
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:17   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Do I need to carry passport size photos? Couldn't find it mentioned anywhere on the Passport website.

- Old passport

Experienced people, do I need to carry anything else besides the above mentioned copies and their originals?
No you don't need to carry photos to PSK, they take your photo on the spot. But photos would be required during police verification.

Old passport would act as id proof and age proof. Hence you only need to carry address proof (better to carry gas receipts for last 1 year) and marriage certificate in original.

You can also check the "documents required" link on the passsport india website for the list of documents to be carried.

Rohan
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:25   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Waseem Sir,

My son's passport application is done. 2 days ago, I received an sms that that file has been sent to local police station for further processing. What should i do now? Should I visit the station on my own or should I wait for them to come home?
Old 6th January 2014, 10:58   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have my appointment on 7th Jan @ PSK, Marathahalli, Bangalore.

- Old passport

Apart from Gas connection receipt, i would suggest that you carry one more address proof.(Letter from your employer,bank statements for last one year,last years IT return etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Waseem Sir,

My son's passport application is done. 2 days ago, I received an sms that that file has been sent to local police station for further processing. What should i do now? Should I visit the station on my own or should I wait for them to come home?
I think you should visit the PS without any delay with all the documents and a photocopy of the same.Please carry 2 pics as and PSK receipt as well.

Waseem.
Old 7th January 2014, 17:37   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
No you don't need to carry photos to PSK, they take your photo on the spot. But photos would be required during police verification ...
Quote:
Apart from Gas connection receipt, i would suggest that you carry one more address proof.(Letter from your employer,bank statements for last one year,last years IT return etc) ...
Thanks rohan_iitr and SILVERWOOD for your replies. I did carry letter from my office for address proof, but they asked only for latest gas bill to go along with gas connection doc. It never occurred to me they could ask for gas bills, and I hadn't included them in my file before posting my query here. Thanks a lot, you guys saved me second trip to PSK.

The acknowledgement they handed over says, "Police Verification Mode - No verification" and "Police verification is not required for issuance of your passport". Does that mean I get to save 500 bucks? Really? Just sit back, relax and wait for my passport? But my address has changed from the last passport, and it had expired 6 months back.
Old 7th January 2014, 18:10   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The acknowledgement they handed over says, "Police Verification Mode - No verification" and "Police verification is not required for issuance of your passport". Does that mean I get to save 500 bucks? Really? Just sit back, relax and wait for my passport? But my address has changed from the last passport, and it had expired 6 months back.
Yes, Just sit back and relax and you should get your PP in 10 days.You can treat us the with money you saved.

BTW:PV is normally required if there is a change in Address,addition of spouse name etc, not sure if the norms are eased.

Waseem.
Old 8th January 2014, 11:13   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
...BTW:PV is normally required if there is a change in Address,addition of spouse name etc, not sure if the norms are eased...
They probably have. There was no police verification for my renewal. I had both change of address and addition of spouse's name. Or may be they saw my face and concluded that I am a trustworthy individual .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks