Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2014, 17:13   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

A small update on my query earlier.

Yesterday i visited the PSK with my 26 day old daughter for her passport. For startes i would like to tell you that for kids <5 yrs one can simply walk in any time after they have filled in the online form.

We reached the PSK at 10:50 am and were taken in without any questions and my wife asked to go in the waiting hall with the baby while i stood in the line. It took me about 15 mins to get the token as this was a common Q for
"Senior citizens and minors < 5 yrs with parents holding passport"

After getting the token we were waiting in the Waiting Hall and in 5 mins our token number was displayed we were guided to Counter A. The only documents i carried were Org Passports & copies for me and wifey, Baby's birth certificate and a passport size photograph of her. I got the answer to my question, "Compulsory Kid rule", they took a thumb impression of her left hand thumb on the passport form. The staff member was so afraid thinking he might wake up the baby. The funny part, upon inquiring i was told carry 4 passport size photos of the baby, where as they took only 1, scanned it and returned it back to me. Why ask for 4?

After the A counter it took us hardly 10 mins to process counters B & C. All the staff was very helpful and gave us priority and infact at counter B & C, the staff didnt even insist on bring the child there. After processing counter A wifey just sat at one place while i sorted Counter B & C and collected the receipt and we left.

We were issued the token at 11:23 AM and we exited the PSK at 12:03. Which is really not bad. We were also told there is a baby room in case wife wants to take her there. I must really thank my daughter for yesterday. She was asleep the entire time. LOL

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 8th January 2014 at 17:15.
Old 8th January 2014, 17:31   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
A small update on my query earlier.

Yesterday i visited the PSK with my 26 day old daughter for her passport. For startes i would like to tell you that for kids <5 yrs one can simply walk in any time after they have filled in the online form.
This facility is available between 9.30-11am for kids <5 and senior citizens.You just need to have the Application Reference Number (ARN) and the relevant docs.

Waseem.
Old 8th January 2014, 17:37   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
This facility is available between 9.30-11am for kids <5 and senior citizens.You just need to have the Application Reference Number (ARN) and the relevant docs.

Waseem.
Was not aware it is only between 9:30 - 11. I was told by the security guard that if i have the ARN i can come anytime with the child. Anyways, we had targeted getting there in morning to avoid too much rush and home by lunch. We had planned to get there by 10 but eventually made it by 10:45

Regards,
Old 8th January 2014, 19:13   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Was not aware it is only between 9:30 - 11. I was told by the security guard that if i have the ARN i can come anytime with the child. Anyways, we had targeted getting there in morning to avoid too much rush and home by lunch. We had planned to get there by 10 but eventually made it by 10:45

Regards,
I have to go for the passport of my 1 month old baby.
Could you guide me for the passport photo. What type of photo is required?
Most of the time, babies are sleeping, so how to get the pics clicked? Any special tips for the photos will be helpful.
Old 8th January 2014, 22:10   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post

I have to go for the passport of my 1 month old baby.
Could you guide me for the passport photo. What type of photo is required?
Most of the time, babies are sleeping, so how to get the pics clicked? Any special tips for the photos will be helpful.
All I did was put my D90 in burst mode and take multiple pics while she was in a playful mode. Make sure you get pics in natural light where the kids eyes and ears are clearly visible. And then hand the pic to a photo studio so they can process the background to white.

It took us 25 pics after which we finally managed to get one pic which had my daughters eyes wide open and ears clearly visible.

Make sure there is no head gear on while you taking pics.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 8th January 2014 at 22:13.
Old 9th January 2014, 18:49   #1371
BHPian

Passport reissue - Bangalore

Wanted to share my experience. My passport was due for expiry in Mar-2014 and I submitted online application on 3-Jan-2014 under tatkal and got an appointment for 7th 2:30 PM. I had to change my address, add my spouse name and strike off ECR.
Proof submitted
1> Marriage certificate
2> 10th marks card
3> BSNL bills (2 bills for current residence and 2 for previous covering a span of more than 1 year)
I moved in to my new place last august and I had only one month of BSNL bill to prove my current address. I was told to bring 2 bills for current address and 2 for previous residence. Also, the TCS staff were kind enough to inform me that if I take the printout of BSNL bill instead of bringing in the original bill sent via mail, I will be sent back. Luckily the new bill got generated day before and I took a printout and got it endorsed at BSNL office in BSK yesterday. By the time it was done it was 11:30 and I couldn't get inside. Today, I got early at 9:15 AM and was out by 11:30 AM.

Also, overheard that if your passport is not issued at bangalore, you need to present 2 different address proofs. Since mine was issued in Bangalore, BSNL bills saved me. Also, was informed that bank statements from ICICI bank will not be considered.

Thanks,
Krishna
Old 16th January 2014, 14:40   #1372
Senior - BHPian

So I was summoned to the Police station for the verification (for expired passport renewal).
I carried with me what all certificates and documents I have gathered in my entire life - not willing to take any chances.
A good thing too, since they asked for quite a few stuff which is NOT mentioned in the website.

They asked for 10th certificate, Degree certificate, Electricity bill, Rent agreement (living on rented flat), Tenant verification, ID card, Adhar card and what not.

What I could fathom, and hence couldn't produce there and then was the copy of Bank passbook!

They also refused to accept the rent agreement since it is not registered, and also because the stay has been mentioned since 2007 - all the rental agreements (registered) from that period onwards need to be submitted.

I said I have submitted the Employer letter, Aadhar card, etc and will submit the SBI passbook all with same address as well proof that I am living there since 2007- "so why don't you accept it?"

The guy at police station said that they will accept only the registered rent agreements (that too for the entire period), OR get an NOC on stamp paper from the owner. (or get lost)

Why was this crap not mentioned in the Passport website?
Old 16th January 2014, 15:40   #1373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
The guy at police station said that they will accept only the registered rent agreements (that too for the entire period), OR get an NOC on stamp paper from the owner. (or get lost)
Nobody does registered rent agreements, that is the reason behind 11 month leases.

The police are merely playing with you. When they ask for so many things, they are merely fishing for a reason to refuse. They just want bribe.
Old 16th January 2014, 16:05   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Nobody does registered rent agreements, that is the reason behind 11 month leases.

The police are merely playing with you. When they ask for so many things, they are merely fishing for a reason to refuse. They just want bribe.
So what should one do? (not the bribe way)

As of now, I have bought the Rs100 stamp paper and will go to the owner for NOC (so that I can mention his place as passport address). But I am absolutely sure that the P(F)oolish officer would place yet another spanner in the works to stop the file from getting approved.

I am not that desperate for the passport, neither do I have any foreseen foreign travel in my plans ...

Is there any place where it is written what all docs would police require for verification?
http://www.mahapolice.gov.in/mahapol...assportfaq.jsp
I searched this website, and there is no (deliberate?) mention of the documents a policewalla will ask for!

Last edited by alpha1 : 16th January 2014 at 16:07.
Old 16th January 2014, 16:25   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
But I am absolutely sure that the P(F)oolish officer would place yet another spanner in the works to stop the file from getting approved.
He wants MONEY:As simple as that.You can also give last one year bank statements (endorsed) by the bank and bank passbook (with pic) as address proof as well.

MEA does not have any control on Police functioning as police belongs to the respective state.All they want is PV to be done and the report to be submitted in 3 weeks.Many places in India which are sensitive, police guys even ask for domicile certificate from the tahsildar or an equivalent officer.

Waseem.
Old 16th January 2014, 16:49   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Waseem bhai,

Had been to the Police station as per your suggestion. They said, don't come here unless and until we visit your house. Nothing has moved an inch here and they say, passports are delivered within one month.

There was one guy who was called to the police station for police verification despite his passport also being delivered at home!

PS: Society letter is required.
Old 16th January 2014, 17:06   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Waseem bhai,

Had been to the Police station as per your suggestion. They said, don't come here unless and until we visit your house. Nothing has moved an inch here and they say, passports are delivered within one month.

There was one guy who was called to the police station for police verification despite his passport also being delivered at home!

PS: Society letter is required.
Here in Bangalore,the aspirants are called to the PS with a set of docs.May be the norms set by the commissioners office are different in Mumbai.You just need to wait now.

PV and passport dispatches are a parallel process in case of renewals.All the passports are machine readable and they become active only after the PV report is sent back to the concerned PP Office.Till then, the PP's are only a piece of paper and nothing else.

Waseem.
Old 16th January 2014, 19:38   #1378
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Here in Bangalore,the aspirants are called to the PS with a set of docs.May be the norms set by the commissioners office are different in Mumbai.You just need to wait now. PV and passport dispatches are a parallel process in case of renewals.All the passports are machine readable and they become active only after the PV report is sent back to the concerned PP Office.Till then, the PP's are only a piece of paper and nothing else. Waseem.

I would not call passport applicants 'aspirants'.
As a Citizen of India it is definitely an entitlement if not a 'right' for anyone to have a passport.

We have too long laboured under this strange unreasonable 'yoke' of oppression imposed upon us common Indian people at first by the Colonial powers and subsequently by our own elected representatives and bureaucrats!

I am a full blooded Indian. An Indian passport or other document enabling me to cross the borders of my country is my entitlement as a tax paying person. The right to travel is my entitlement too.

I am a 'customer' to the passport authorities and clerical staff as well as the bureaucratic machinery that processes my application. If my documents are provided as per the published rules and meet the criteria, no one has the right to question this entitlement!

I will not be apologetic or contrite in front of this bureaucratic machinery because I have done no wrong and they on their part are merely doing their duty for which they are paid with my tax money. They are not doing me any favours by giving me my passport!

I think more of us need to get real and get clear as to what our rights are!
Old 17th January 2014, 11:42   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
An Indian passport or other document enabling me to cross the borders of my country is my entitlement as a tax paying person. The right to travel is my entitlement too.
There are no two ways about it.Passport is a travel document and It is the right of every Indian citizen (Tax payer or not) to posses it.

Waseem.
Old 17th January 2014, 11:55   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I would not call passport applicants 'aspirants'.
As a Citizen of India it is definitely an entitlement if not a 'right' for anyone to have a passport.

We have too long laboured under this strange unreasonable 'yoke' of oppression imposed upon us common Indian people at first by the Colonial powers and subsequently by our own elected representatives and bureaucrats!

I am a full blooded Indian. An Indian passport or other document enabling me to cross the borders of my country is my entitlement as a tax paying person. The right to travel is my entitlement too.

I am a 'customer' to the passport authorities and clerical staff as well as the bureaucratic machinery that processes my application. If my documents are provided as per the published rules and meet the criteria, no one has the right to question this entitlement!

I will not be apologetic or contrite in front of this bureaucratic machinery because I have done no wrong and they on their part are merely doing their duty for which they are paid with my tax money. They are not doing me any favours by giving me my passport!

I think more of us need to get real and get clear as to what our rights are!
Agreed.
The funny laughing matter about the whole business is not the passport office, which are now quite clear and open - but the darned police.

As I have mentioned, the police can stop your passport application at their whim - since they have not openly declared what all docs will satisfy their inquisitiveness.

In fact I think the Police Verification is the biggest scam, since ALL the idiot policewalla should actually do is VISIT the LOCALITY. Ask the neighbors, housing society, nearby shops etc to check if what I have mentioned in the application about place of residence is true or not. How will he ascertain whether my date of birth mentioned is correct or not? What verification is he doing when he asks me tons of documents?

What the police is doing right now can be done by any 10th pass clerk sitting in an isolated office at Timbuktu.
The country is truly wretched.

Last edited by alpha1 : 17th January 2014 at 11:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks