Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2014, 00:08   #1396
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

My 2 Cents about passport reissue in Hyderabad.

First and Fore most, for NON ECR , SSC or Matriculation certificate is the only one accepted. Well I learnt this the heard way

Online Application and Reporting.
The online application is extremely user friendly. I submitted the form under normal scheme on 11th Feb 2014 @ 4 pm and received the appointment on 13th F;45 pm. Feb 2014 between 3:00-3:15 pm at PSK, Ameerpet. The reporting time was 2:45 pm. No point in being there before time as you will have to stand outside on the road. Here I feel they need to allow people within the building compound.

I reached on the dot and was asked to get into the line. Here the security guys asked us to self attest the Xerox copies of the supporting documents. I was surprised to see majority of the applicants signing then and there inspite of it being clearly mentioned on the application. Once the appointment letter was verified, I was let in to the Token counter.

Token Counter
They are 5 or 6 counters which are looking into the applications. If there was any issue, the applicants were informed immediately. While my turn came, I was told that For NON ECR I need SSC certificate ( Class X). And I was carrying my Graduation Certificate which is valid document according to the passport website. When I mentioned the same , he asked me to check at counter B.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...Documents.html

I submitted the 12 Month bank statement from SBI as address proof. They did not ask for anything else except that the statement is for one year.

The whole process at this stage is around 15 mins. Once the token is issued, they announce the name. Again at the counter they handed over the token and the file and asked me to proceed to counter A. The token clearly mentions the sequence of steps, one needs to take.

Counter A
Here all the documents are processed and Photographs taken. They are 20 A counters. The lady whom I met was very courteous and informed me that as of now only SSC is accepted and if I want NON ECR I should get one. All the finger prints are scanned here. Paid the Rs 30/- that are charged for the sms services.

A 15 minute process and I was asked to wait for counter B. The main waiting Area is pretty well lit with ample seating space. The pantry guys do come and ask if you would like to order any food. Further there is also a Xerox counter here. I had to wait close to 30 minutes before my number popped up on the screen.

Counter B
At counter B i was informed that I need to get SSC if I wanted NON ECR and I can come the next day, 14th feb 2014 @ 8:30 am . Proceeded to the exit where an acknowledgement was issued after the file was handed over. The letter has the file number and other basic details.

There are total of 6 B counters. Counter B is the Verification step where they cross check the documents and counter sign on the page that will cancel if your existing passport. The waiting area here is very small.

Day 2:
Reach again on dot and realized there was a huge line. After the security check they took the letter previously issued and ushered us to the waiting area. Now they started announcing the names and issued new tokens. I had to wait more than an hour before my name was announced and received the new token.

Once the token was issued proceeded to A counter where the SSC certificate was scanned and I was done in 5 minutes.

Counter B
The tokens are different categories like N, W, S, P etc . Did not check what they implied. So the sequence with which they are calling was a little erratic. One needs to keep track of when there number might appear. I wanted to wait in the main waiting area but the screens at B Counter and the main waiting area were giving different info. So went to and stood for more than a hour before my number appeared.

Went and wished the lady a good day which I felt she was grateful for. Within 2 minutes she cross checked and asked me to wait for Counter C.

Counter C
The waiting hall here was small and extremely crowded. As I was expecting my number to take a long time, I went back to the main waiting hall. By this time all the waiting hall screens (Main, B and C halls) were in sync. Within 40 minutes my number appeared. At counter C they asked if I have put all the documents. When I gave an affirmation, he checked the originals and granted my passport. I was asked to take the file to C3 counter where they stamped on the old passport canceling it and took a counter sign that the old passport has been returned to me. They kept the file and I was done.

I went to exit counter handed over my token. I was issued a letter and feedback form. The letter mentions that I was granted the passport and there is no need for police verification.

And at 7:45 pm today received that my passport is printed and ready for dispatch.

Some observations
  • People need to have some activity like a book to pass the time as there will be waiting for sure.

The crowd were anxious when they did not receive the tokens in the order in which they stood in line. This issue is more to do with the fact that passport office is allowing people some breathing space to make corrections. People in priority like children , tatkal etc seem to jump the queue. I guess the only way to avoid this is have separate zones for special appointments. Also experience will give them better understanding on how to handle it.

For the officers, I guess we need to give them some leeway. A lot of people come to them with insufficient documentation and expect that to be processed. And this happens day in day out and it is not a pleasant job.

In the 4 hours that I as there I myself was surprised to see some simple things that even educated people do not care. No wonder the officers become insensitive if people miss stuff.

A simple smile both sides of the desk will surely help in a longway to ease the frustration of waiting.

Overall I am happy to see things are moving for the better. Hope the same happens in other departments as well.
Old 15th February 2014, 16:38   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
PP + 2 photo copies
Electricity Bill + photo copies (last year and this year)
Gas bill + photo copy
Phone bill + Photo copy
Aadhar card + photo copy
Marriage certificate + photo copy
a few photos

All photo copies are self attested, right ?
Took all these docs and submitted the application on 20th jan. The officer very sweetly told me police verification was not required.

Took me 3 hours to get out of the PSK.

Same night I get an sms - passport printing initiated.

Received the passport on the 28th of Jan.

Seamless and Painless !

Lovely experience though waiting times were long.

Good job by TCS and the Govt of India.
Old 20th February 2014, 17:32   #1398
BHPian

Update. I got the passport today. Exactly 7 days after appointment under normal scheme. No Hassle of Police Verification also
Old 20th February 2014, 17:55   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Update. I got the passport today. Exactly 7 days after appointment under normal scheme. No Hassle of Police Verification also
You are lucky. Well, I've also applied for a renewal of my passport and my address has not changed for the last 10 years and it is same in my current passport as well. But for me, in the acknowledgement i got at the end, it was mentioned that my passport will be issued subject to police verification. I do not know what is the criteria for police verification. I read on the website that for renewals without any change in address, police verification will not be there. I've applied on 24-Jan-2014.

The current status is that the police verification is done and says passport is in printing, since last friday. Hope i'll get it soon.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 20th February 2014 at 17:57.
Old 20th February 2014, 18:15   #1400
BANNED

Guys
I am planning to take passport for my 3 year old kid. What all documents is needed for the same? I am a state Government employee and my wife is a homemaker.
Old 21st February 2014, 15:06   #1401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
I am planning to take passport for my 3 year old kid. What all documents is needed for the same? I am a state Government employee and my wife is a homemaker.
I got my 2 month old daughter's passport done in Jan 2014. The documents we carried were:

1. Org passports + 1 copy each for myself and wife.
- If your spouse names are endorsed in each others passports, you dont need to carry your marriage certificate. Else you do. We had the marriage certificate and a copy with us even though our names are endorsed in passports.

2. 4 White background Passport Size photographs of your kid. PSK will not take pics of kids < 4 years. Make sure the pic is take against a white background, with eyes open, both ears visible and no head gear.

3. Additional ID documents for yourself and Wife in case they ask.

4. Annexure "H". - Declaration of Parent/Guardian for Minor Passports
- For this i would advise you copy paste it on a word file and type in the necessary info, as the space given in there is very little in case you have long names. I had that issue, so i copied the content in a word file and just typed in the info and took a print out.
Source : http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...exureAffidavit

Carry all your documents in Original + 1 copy each.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 21st February 2014 at 15:08.
Old 23rd February 2014, 10:03   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
You are lucky. Well, I've also applied for a renewal of my passport and my address has not changed for the last 10 years and it is same in my current passport as well. But for me, in the acknowledgement i got at the end, it was mentioned that my passport will be issued subject to police verification. I do not know what is the criteria for police verification. I read on the website that for renewals without any change in address, police verification will not be there. I've applied on 24-Jan-2014.

The current status is that the police verification is done and says passport is in printing, since last friday. Hope i'll get it soon.
I feel police verification or not is dependent on the Passport Issuing officer. And in your case with everything remaining the same probably they did not need to redo it.

By the way when was your interview at PSK and when did the police verification happen? Under what scheme did you apply.

Once the passport is printed it takes around a weeks time for the verification of details and signature.
Old 24th February 2014, 00:13   #1403
BHPian

Unfortunately, i've lost my passport. I filed an FIR and got the acknowledgement.
Can somebody please guide me on what all documents are required for re-issue. Ive searched the net regarding this and i'm confused.
Also, is it possible to apply for re-issue of passport under Tatkaal category?
I'll be applying for the Passport in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th February 2014, 12:44   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Unfortunately, i've lost my passport. I filed an FIR and got the acknowledgement.
Can somebody please guide me on what all documents are required for re-issue. Ive searched the net regarding this and i'm confused.
Also, is it possible to apply for re-issue of passport under Tatkaal category?
I'll be applying for the Passport in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.
I hope this helps.

BTW:I am not sure if they allow tatkaal bookings for lost/stolen cases.

Waseem.
Attached Files
File Type: rar ppppp.rar (189.3 KB, 92 views)
Old 24th February 2014, 14:39   #1405
BHPian

I wanted to check the authenticity of an information which i recently got:

My wife's passport was due for expiry this month and she got it renewed. She took help from the agency which was authorized by her company. During the application process agency asked her whether she applied for passport previously using 'Tatkal' facility? According to them an applicant can apply passport under tatkal only once in life time. For instance: if an applicant had applied for a new passport under tatkal for subsequent renewal he/she is not supposed to avail tatkal facility again. Is this true? this is something new rule i hear!!
In case of my wife since she applied for a new passport using normal category last time, for renewal she applied under Tatkal!!
Old 24th February 2014, 16:43   #1406
Senior - BHPian

My wife's passport renewal has been in "Printing in Progress post police verification" state for the last 3 weeks. I am surprised that it is taking so much time as I have earlier received passport in a couple of weeks post police verification.
Old 24th February 2014, 17:15   #1407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
During the application process agency asked her whether she applied for passport previously using 'Tatkal' facility? According to them an applicant can apply passport under tatkal only once in life time.
Sounds fishy but just to be sure, please go through this document in detail. It specifies every single instance of when tatkaal passports may not be issued. Also there is a blanket statement on the passport seva portal that the local RPO has full authority to issue tatkaal passports or not, in which case you have no recourse, sadly.

Incidentally, most major cities these days are issuing regular passports in a week or so.
Old 24th February 2014, 18:27   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Incidentally, most major cities these days are issuing regular passports in a week or so.
True with this. My wife got her passport (renewed) in hand within 48 hours of application under Tatkaal. I must admit we were pretty impressed. Even post police verification was smooth. My wife got a call from police station to drop by the station with all relevant documents. In the police station they verified all documents and she was informed that we will approve it without visiting your place (Neither single penny bribe was demanded )

Only one thing we felt sad in the entire process is Aadhar Card is not being accepted as valid ID/address proof. Aadhar would hold valid only if it was submitted as a secondary supporting document. This is kind of weird!!
Old 24th February 2014, 18:42   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
My wife's passport renewal has been in "Printing in Progress post police verification" state for the last 3 weeks. I am surprised that it is taking so much time as I have earlier received passport in a couple of weeks post police verification.
This is what happened to me, my passport was sent for printing (thats what the SMS said) on the same day I had my appointment at PSK, and I received "Passport Printed" message more than 5 weeks after that. My passport took 40 days to reach me after my PSK appointment.

You may also want to read this (Short supply of booklets delays passport issuance) :
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/30420348.cms
I believe my passport too was delayed because of this.
Old 24th February 2014, 19:18   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I feel police verification or not is dependent on the Passport Issuing officer. And in your case with everything remaining the same probably they did not need to redo it.

By the way when was your interview at PSK and when did the police verification happen? Under what scheme did you apply.

Once the passport is printed it takes around a weeks time for the verification of details and signature.
I guess you are lucky, we applied for my Mom's and Dad's passport, its been more than a week and the status still says " passport printing in progress". The appointment at the PSK was on 23rd Jan 2014 and the police verfification got completed on 11th Feb 2014.

I did read the shortage of blank passport booklets but in that particular table hyd seems to have the required number :(

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/30808097.cms

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks