Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 11:44   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My passport will expire in ~7 months from now. I am planning to re-new the passport. My current passport was issued with my permanent address in Kerala.

I currently work in Chennai and stay in a PG. I do NOT have a gas connection or a BSNL landline. Neither have I got a passbook from the employer.

I am inclined to applying thru the Cochin office itself, though it requires some extra travel; I doubt I have a choice. What should I do in this case?

I have an SBI Passbook with picture on it (and permanent address of mine (Kerala)) and also transactions for atleast 6 months in the last 1 year .

1. What is the time taken for a normal re-issue application Vs Tatkal application?

2. For re-issue of the passport, do I need to have police verification done?

Please advice.
Just undergone the similar process (working in BLR and address available in Cochin)
This is workable as I have done that. At the first section of counter they may ask you about your working. In my case, even though 80% of my time is spent in Bangalore, our office has a branch in Cochin where I visit often. Hence I told I work from Cochin too and they never raised an alarm. However, I feel if you are working in Chennai, they may not accept the application in Cochin.
That should work. I have seen a link in Passport seva website with approved banks in which SBI is there. Recollect not seeing banks like Standard Chartered, Citi Bank etc there. In my case even though I was having aadhar card having issue date two years old, they asked me to supplement the address with ration card having me as family member (card is in my Father's name with me as member, having same address as aadhar)
I applied on March 13 and have got a confirmation that it has reached post office on March 30th (PSK Thrissur)
I had changes like address, addition of spouse and signature correction. The passport got granted without police verification. I had applied after expiry and your passport is only due for expiry. Further, passport seva site also specifies that no police verification for normal reissue unless they suspect a red flag.

Not sure about Tatkaal, but under normal application, time and date is given by system automatically (you cannot select).

Last edited by benbsb29 : 31st March 2014 at 16:02. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button when posting within 30 mins of previous post. Thanks.
Old 10th April 2014, 11:31   #1442
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

I had applied for Passport renewal on 26th March '14. The current status states
"Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched."

Considering the above status, how many days does it take for the passport to deliver to me?

I am curious as I need to take appointment for my wife's new Passport.
Old 10th April 2014, 12:07   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
I had applied for Passport renewal on 26th March '14. The current status states
"Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched."

Considering the above status, how many days does it take for the passport to deliver to me?

I am curious as I need to take appointment for my wife's new Passport.
RPO Bangalore was facing shortage of booklets couple of months back, The PP should be delivered to you in a week if the demand/supply gap has been met by Security Press Nashik.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/30808097.cms

Waseem.
Old 10th April 2014, 12:29   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
RPO Bangalore was facing shortage of booklets couple of months back

Waseem.
Yes Waseem, I'm aware of the shortage. However, since the status states "Your Passport has been printed", that means I don't have to worry of the shortage, as the Passport is printed. May be the book shortage issue is solved.
Old 15th April 2014, 22:19   #1445
BHPian

I had applied for Passport online (renewal), got appointment on 26th March and today the Passport was delivered. 20 days flat!
Old 16th April 2014, 09:18   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
I had applied for Passport online (renewal), got appointment on 26th March and today the Passport was delivered. 20 days flat!
Seriously, thats slow! I got mine on the third day!
Old 16th April 2014, 10:20   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Seriously, thats slow! I got mine on the third day!
Slow, cos of the non-availability of Passport booklets. I expected more delay!
Old 20th April 2014, 21:18   #1448
BHPian

Can we apply for change of Address/Addition of spouse name under Tatkal or does it only go under normal processing?
Old 28th April 2014, 13:32   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Can we apply for change of Address/Addition of spouse name under Tatkal or does it only go under normal processing?
Change of address/spouse addition is done via reissue of passport.so when you submit the form,you can opt for tatkal option along with the necessary forms.
Old 12th May 2014, 08:28   #1450
BANNED

My passport has wrong dob (difference of 1 year) my dob is 87 but in passport its 88, that is due to wrong dob in 10th certificate & all my other documents have correct dob.
I have approached an agent to get the dob corrected in passport but he denied saying its not possible unless & until you'll get the dob corrected in 10th
certificate (Is it correct ? ) - Its not possible to correct dob in 0oth certificate, so how can I change dob ? I have correct dob certificate though.

I need to travel abroad this month so have to apply for visa, I wonder which dob to provide to them ( DL/AADHAAR/PAN has correct dob) but on my passport has wrong dob.
I will face problem ?
Old 12th May 2014, 11:34   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
My passport has wrong dob (difference of 1 year) my dob is 87 but in passport its 88, that is due to wrong dob in 10th certificate & all my other documents have correct dob.
I have approached an agent to get the dob corrected in passport but he denied saying its not possible unless & until you'll get the dob corrected in 10th
certificate (Is it correct ? ) - Its not possible to correct dob in 0oth certificate, so how can I change dob ? I have correct dob certificate though.

I need to travel abroad this month so have to apply for visa, I wonder which dob to provide to them ( DL/AADHAAR/PAN has correct dob) but on my passport has wrong dob.
I will face problem ?
The situation is Little tricky here.

The reason your DOB is 88 in you PP is because you have submitted your 10th std certificate as proof of DOB when applying for your PP.You should have submitted your birth certificate as proof of DOB and 10th std certificate for ECNR.Having said that,this could also raised eyebrows as the officials would have questioned this disparity.

You need to provide the the DOB mentioned in your PP for all your Visa and ticketing purposes.I am not sure why are you expecting problems in getting your visa.?The only problem i could foresee is when hiring a self driven rental car abroad because the DOB's are different in PP and DL.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Waseem.
Old 12th May 2014, 13:05   #1452
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
The situation is Little tricky here.

The reason your DOB is 88 in you PP is because you have submitted your 10th std certificate as proof of DOB when applying for your PP.You should have submitted your birth certificate as proof of DOB and 10th std certificate for ECNR.Having said that,this could also raised eyebrows as the officials would have questioned this disparity.

You need to provide the the DOB mentioned in your PP for all your Visa and ticketing purposes.I am not sure why are you expecting problems in getting your visa.?The only problem i could foresee is when hiring a self driven rental car abroad because the DOB's are different in PP and DL.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Waseem.
I got the passport issued through agent that time, 10th certficate is what they required, Is it possible
to get dob change with the help of birth certificate ? from 1st to 9th class my dob is 87 but in 10th its 88.
I found a school certificate (of 8th) of same school that has correct dob.
Or
Is it possible if i can apply for new passport with birth certificate & cancel the current one ?

VIsa guys asked for insurance/bank statement/pan card so in all documents dob is correct but it will differ with passport dob,
so they may question, any other flaws with travelling with wrong dob apart from won't able to drive in abroad ?
I'm worried as its Incorrect so thinking to get it correct but thats not a easy task.

Thank you very much mate !
Old 12th May 2014, 14:28   #1453
Distinguished - BHPian

How much time is the Tatkal schedule open in the website per day? For the last 3-4 days i tried, it says "appointment is NOT available, please try the next day" and it also shows the number of applications done for the day.

I tried logging in at 1.40 PM etc for all these days, but NOT able to book a slot.
Old 12th May 2014, 14:56   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I
Is it possible if i can apply for new passport with birth certificate & cancel the current one ?
Yes, you can very well do that.

Book a slot in Tatkaal and you should get your PP in 2-3 days.You can also get your address/Marital Status/Inclusion of spouse name added (if you need any) while you get your DOB Changed.

Waseem.
Old 12th May 2014, 15:16   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How much time is the Tatkal schedule open in the website per day? For the last 3-4 days i tried, it says "appointment is NOT available, please try the next day" and it also shows the number of applications done for the day.

I tried logging in at 1.40 PM etc for all these days, but NOT able to book a slot.
I faced the same problem last month and approached a passport agent for advice. As per him- "They have to log-in using an employee access to book a Tatkal Appointment. During the first few minutes the web traffic to the booking link is blocked." Charges (agent fee + bribe) only for an appointment is INR 2000/- in Pune.

Last edited by bijuiser : 12th May 2014 at 15:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks