Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2014, 16:49   #1486
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I followed a very simple process of joint affidavit for name change in my wifey's pp.

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXURED_woman.htm
Its not specified anywhere what denomination of stamp paper should be used for joint affidavit. Also would any photo do? Or do I need a wedding photo/photo clicked in a studio with background in any particular color?
Old 9th June 2014, 18:12   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Tell me about it! I had similar issues when my wife was getting her passport renewed. My wife has an account with ICICI bank and works for a famous Indian IT company. She also had the aadhar card hard copy, but which was less than a year old. She also took along an attested copy of my passport which had her name endorsed and had the same home address. She also carried a copy of the bank statement spanning a year, reflecting this address and which also had the seal from the bank.

Wonder of wonders.. they rejected her application for renewal right at the reception counter itself, claiming insufficient documents!! All this was despite the fact that we had also gotten Police Verification done about a year ago at the same address for a different purpose!

The company HR refused to provide an address proof letter on their company letter head, and we had no other option to proceed.

Since the situation was urgent, I had to fly down from my current location to India to provide my passport in original which was then used as address proof, supplemented by her aadhar card. Must have been the most expensive passport renewal ever!!
Did you have to provide affidavits for the tatkaal process in Bangalore? I have the same questions as you did since the need for affidavits are not mentioned through the booking process.
Old 9th June 2014, 18:39   #1488
BHPian

I have three empty pages left in my passport. So I need to get my passport renewed.

1) I need to update spouse details. Can I get it updated while renewing the passport? When I get my passport updated with the spouse details, is it mandatory for my wife also to get her passport updated with the spouse details, or can she get it done later?

2) I'll be probably moving from my current permanent residence to a rented house, and then move to our own apartment after 2-3 years. While renewing the passport, is it OK to retain the current permanent address? (Since I'm moving to a rented house, I might not stay in the same place for a long time). I plan to change the permanent address details in the passport after moving to our own apartment.
Old 9th June 2014, 20:37   #1489
BANNED

Went for DOB CHANGE & ADDRESS CHANGE at psk
As usual & expected they made excuses like can't update address as I don't have 1 year old proofs, I said I just moved 6 months or so - so how can I produce 1 year old proof of same address - after much haggling they accepted the aadhar card as address proof.
DOB CHANGE - they said not possible, whats in your 10th class that will be your dob.
I said its incorrect in certificate & i'm providing you birth certificate to update the same but they declined & I met with APO - he forwarded my case to RPO - Have to go RPO office now, they gave me acknowledgement letter saying ( ESCLATION APO) & cancelled my passport.
What should i expect now ? I hear from some person they can charge 5000 fine & do the update (i'm not sure about it)
Went to PSK at 10 am & got out by 3.10 pm & work still not done.
Old 10th June 2014, 05:57   #1490
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
Did you have to provide affidavits for the tatkaal process in Bangalore? I have the same questions as you did since the need for affidavits are not mentioned through the booking process.
We had the affidavits made, which were signed by the Asst. Police Commissioner - Bangalore.

However, when my wife went to the Passport office with these documents, they didn't even bother checking the affidavits. They started creating troubles for address proof related documentation. I can bet that if she had not taken along the affidavits, that would have been their bone of contention.
Old 10th June 2014, 10:41   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Its not specified anywhere what denomination of stamp paper should be used for joint affidavit. Also would any photo do? Or do I need a wedding photo/photo clicked in a studio with background in any particular color?
The denomination is 20Rs and you can use any color pic.

Waseem

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I have three empty pages left in my passport. So I need to get my passport renewed.

1) I need to update spouse details. Can I get it updated while renewing the passport? When I get my passport updated with the spouse details, is it mandatory for my wife also to get her passport updated with the spouse details, or can she get it done later?

2) I'll be probably moving from my current permanent residence to a rented house, and then move to our own apartment after 2-3 years. While renewing the passport, is it OK to retain the current permanent address? (Since I'm moving to a rented house, I might not stay in the same place for a long time). I plan to change the permanent address details in the passport after moving to our own apartment.
You can get your spouse details added when you renew your PP.Your wife can get it done later and please retain your permanent address.

Waseem.
Old 10th June 2014, 15:49   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I said its incorrect in certificate & i'm providing you birth certificate to update the same but they declined & I met with APO - he forwarded my case to RPO - Have to go RPO office now, they gave me acknowledgement letter saying ( ESCLATION APO) & cancelled my passport.
These guys are RPO are true sarkari babus and they can take a long time to take a call on this.I think you should speak to a trustworthy tout ( i know its an oxymoron) to expedite your application.

BTW:where are you based at.?

Waseem.
Old 10th June 2014, 16:56   #1493
BANNED

Quote:
These guys are RPO are true sarkari babus and they can take a long time to take a call on this.I think you should speak to a trustworthy tout ( i know its an oxymoron) to expedite your application.

BTW:where are you based at.?

Waseem.
Everyone said there that it can't be done, be its mention on their site that it can be corrected though, I talked with an agent he also said that it can't be done
i'm in ncr
Going on thursday to meet rpo.
Old 10th June 2014, 18:04   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Everyone said there that it can't be done, be its mention on their site that it can be corrected though, I talked with an agent he also said that it can't be done
i'm in ncr
Going on thursday to meet rpo.
Please post the link where they mention of the same.

Waseem.
Old 11th June 2014, 17:16   #1495
BANNED

Quote:
Please post the link where they mention of the same.

Waseem.
Please when select REISSUE > CHANGE IN PARICULARS > DOB
So they have option of changing/correcting dob & they require SSLC & BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
What about 5000 fine thing ? I hear from someone.
Old 13th June 2014, 23:38   #1496
BANNED

Met with an RPO regarding DOB change, they said can't be change unless i provide court order
So i said okay issue me the passport on same dob, told me to come after 2 weeks SHRUGS.
Old 20th June 2014, 19:42   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone attempted change in "place of Birth" and "mothers name"?
Old 21st June 2014, 06:58   #1498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Has anyone attempted change in "place of Birth" and "mothers name"?
Am really curious why anyone would need to change either of those. Care to elucidate?
Old 21st June 2014, 07:50   #1499
Senior - BHPian

I went to PSK Mundhwa yesterday for re-issue of my passport due to expiry. Since I am in PUNE now, address also had to be updated.
I booked a appointment under normal quota in APRIL.
Appointment was at 11 AM and the entire process was completed by 1:50 PM.

They said I will receive my passport in 12-15 days. I received an SMS from PSK that printing has been initiated and that I will receive one more SMS after printing is completed.

Police verification has been initiated in POST ISSUANCE mode.

The PSK is managed by TCS. Except for TOKEN creation everything else went pretty smooth.

Last edited by F150 : 21st June 2014 at 07:52.
Old 21st June 2014, 15:11   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Then this is killing the very purpose of the online booking if I have to give bribe / commission to a third party!! Will this link work after some time? Doesn't look like this is working at least for 15 mins after the booking opens at 1.30 PM.

I am tried to book an appointment for TATKAL scheme as soon as it opened at 2:30 PM. It gave an error "Unable to process, Please try after sometime".

At 2:45 PM 30 slots are booked an I have to try tomorrow.

Am I wasting time trying to do it myself? Should I go through a broker? Please suggest.

Most Viewed