Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2014, 08:44   #1531
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Do I need to add my spouse's name (we married recently) to the passport? If yes, do they give a new passport (both our PPs won't expire for atleast 8-9 years) or just update the last page with spouse name?

If not, can we travel abroad without issue?
From my understanding every time you ask for a change in details, you are issued a new booklet, i.e. a new passport with a different number. The end date will remain the same though.

As far as I know, unless you have children whose passports need to be procured, there is no practical use of endorsing the spouse's name in your passport. It is however a good practice and you should probably do it as soon as you can.
Old 12th August 2014, 11:02   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

From my understanding every time you ask for a change in details, you are issued a new booklet, i.e. a new passport with a different number. The end date will remain the same though.

As far as I know, unless you have children whose passports need to be procured, there is no practical use of endorsing the spouse's name in your passport. It is however a good practice and you should probably do it as soon as you can.
Heard that In some middle eastern countries endorsement of wife's name in passport is helpful in spouse visa processing, no first hand experience though.
Old 12th August 2014, 11:22   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Do I need to add my spouse's name (we married recently) to the passport? If yes, do they give a new passport (both our PPs won't expire for atleast 8-9 years) or just update the last page with spouse name?

If not, can we travel abroad without issue?
It is a good practice to add spouse name, it will come handy when it comes to kids passport. Inclusion of spouse name in one PP is a must to get PP for kids. They issue you a new PP with 10 years validity from the date of issue.This holds good even if you apply for Change in address/Deletion of spouse name/ECNR updation etc/Exhaustion of pages, Lost/stolen/Mutilated PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Heard that In some middle eastern countries endorsement of wife's name in passport is helpful in spouse visa processing, no first hand experience though.
Yup.We had similar experience when we were travelling to UAE couple of years back.They asked for our marriage certificate because my wife did not have my name endorsed in her PP and we both had applied for visa separately.

Waseem.
Old 13th August 2014, 10:54   #1534
BHPian

This is my experience of getting my Passport re-issued. Hope it helps someone.

First, thing first – I needed to re-issue my Passport because ( my PP was still valid for next 4 years)

1. I was trying to get my daughter’s passport made
2. For that, you need either parent’s passport to have the spouse’s name endorsed (i.e Your wife’s/husband’s name on your passport)
3. This is an absolute must, marriage certificate will not work. So you have to get it endorsed (and of course, for that you do need the marriage certificate or affidavit etc).
So round and round we go.

Now, I also needed it as a rush job since I was applying for US Visa to move there for long term. And getting tatkal appointment through the website is as easy as lifting an Elephant in one hand, I did the 2nd best thing. I went to the RPO Koramangla, with

1. Copy of PP and original
2. Proof of address with copy
3. Proof of Urgency (in my case, offer letter)

Reached there early in the morning and got in the queue – it took me one hour to get to meet the RPO and she promptly gave me the tatkal appointment for next day.

Now the more tricky part begins. Nothing prepares you (unless you have read everything on every forum about getting a passport) for the kind of documents they may ask you for. The document advisor on the website is a bit of sham as it does not tell you exactly what you need. For example, in my case all I needed was (per the document advisor)

1. Existing PP
2. Address Proof
3. Marriage Certificate

I went to the PP office blithely with the above documents in tow and got the shock of my life when my application got rejected. The reason – they wanted Annexure – I and F, along with an extra document of address proof. No amount of pleas will work in this case and I was directed to get them and waste two more days. In fact, I even met the APO there who lied to my face telling me I did not get my Police Verification done last time and hence I’ve got to do it now. My appointment was good only for next 3 days, failing which I’d have to get a new appointment.

Now, when does one need those beasts of Annexure I and F –When you have applied under tatkal. That’s what I feel. I did not find any document which makes these annexures compulsory but then they still ask for it. Maybe if there is no material change in your passport, like address change, name change, etc, they may not ask for it. But I will not bet against them asking for it.

Now Annexure - I is easily done but F is different kettle of fish. Unless you are well connected, or flush with cash, you can kiss your tatkal dreams goodbye. This link shows the Annexure-F and who can give it to you (http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin.../AnnexureF.pdf). I wish you good luck. And if you are prudent, then you will get this annexure before applying for Tatkal.

So I get these documents in place, reach the PSK at 9.30 AM sharp and hand over the documents. It’s still not easy as I imagined. Now they want to send a fax to the officer who has endorsed my Annexure F. This takes another hour and a half. Who knows what would happen if they don’t pick up the fax at the other end. But anyway, now I am led inside the office and there are 3 more steps of going through counters A ->B ->C.

Counter A is quickly negotiated. Here the TCS employee feeds in all relevant information like your documents/photograph etc in the system and then asks you go and wait in the lobby. And now the wait begins for getting to counter B. It takes another 3 hours before I get there. Here, the official from Passport dept. checks all your original documents and wait for it, any other document they might need (which they could have informed you at the beginning but didn’t do so. We had a lady sitting next to us who went through the whole charade and was asked to bring class 10th mark sheet at counter B. Mad does not even begin to describe here feeling). But fortunately, I was not asked for any other document. Then had to wait another half an hour to get to counter C. It was similar to counter B and then they sent me on my way. The whole process lasted a good 7 hours, from 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM. So be prepared for a long haul.

The good part begins now. Once, you have paid the devil it’s due, it gets to work like no one’s business. The Tatkal process works at the speed of light. My passport was sent for printing the same day, next day it was printed and dispatched and had I been at home would have gotten it in 3 days flat. M police verification also happened in parallel. I was called to the Police Stattion next day of submitting the documents at the PP office. I was asked to come with
1. Old PP
2. Address Proof
3. Two Photographs

There, they made fill up two forms (which they should have done, but who the hell cares at that point) and I was done. No one asked me for anything and next day, the PSK sms informed me that Police Verification is also done. And now, I have the new Passport, with 10 years validity. So there it is.

Hope this helps and wasn't too long a post

P.S. One piece of advice i would like to give is to always carry your 10th Mark Sheet, these guys love it and it helps.

Also, will document how the process of getting my daughter's passport goes

Last edited by wickedchauhan : 13th August 2014 at 11:01. Reason: Need to add more information
Old 13th August 2014, 12:49   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
It is a good practice to add spouse name, it will come handy when it comes to kids passport. Inclusion of spouse name in one PP is a must to get PP for kids. They issue you a new PP with 10 years validity from the date of issue.This holds good even if you apply for Change in address/Deletion of spouse name/ECNR updation etc/Exhaustion of pages, Lost/stolen/Mutilated PP.

Yup.We had similar experience when we were travelling to UAE couple of years back.They asked for our marriage certificate because my wife did not have my name endorsed in her PP and we both had applied for visa separately.

Waseem.
Thank you for your inputs. I'm glad it is not mandatory to go through the hassle of getting a new passport (atleast not immediately).
Old 13th August 2014, 14:57   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I went to PSK Mundhwa yesterday for re-issue of my passport due to expiry. Since I am in PUNE now, address also had to be updated.
I booked a appointment under normal quota in APRIL.
Appointment was at 11 AM and the entire process was completed by 1:50 PM.

They said I will receive my passport in 12-15 days. I received an SMS from PSK that printing has been initiated and that I will receive one more SMS after printing is completed.

Police verification has been initiated in POST ISSUANCE mode.

The PSK is managed by TCS. Except for TOKEN creation everything else went pretty smooth.
Team,
I have received my passport yesterday.
I had to bribe, the police to complete the police verification.
Old 13th August 2014, 17:27   #1537
BHPian

I booked the appointment for PP renewal last month. But I was not able to go to PP office on the scheduled day due to some personal reason.

Will I be able to reschedule the appointment to next month with same submitted form? or, should I submit a new form by paying 1.5k again?
Old 15th August 2014, 07:26   #1538
BHPian

My passport is up for renewal (with new address) and my wife also wants to get her passport renewed for change of last name (her existing one was issued before marriage). We also want to get our son's passport done so that would need endorsement of spouse's name on the PP. While time is not a big constraint, we need to have all our passports in about 3 months time.

- Would it make sense to apply for renewal together (me and my wife)?
- or would it be faster if I apply first and then submit the new PP for my wife's PP renewal?
- or would there be no difference in terms of the time it will take to complete the overall process?
Old 15th August 2014, 19:34   #1539
BHPian

Had a butter-smooth experience for my passport renewal at PSK Andheri East. My existing passport would expire in 2015. So, had a year left on the existing passport. Decided to renew it via tatkaal. Since, needed the passport to be valid at all times due to work constraints.

Only glitch, for my renewal was the form that i had filled. In the columns for the reference names/address, i gave 2 names outside my current police jurisdiction. At the first counter, where you show the print out, was asked about the addresses. There was told to correct the form , with a pen only and get the Assistant Passport Officer's signature.

After that, the process was very smooth. Got the token at the first counter, where documents are checked. Waited at the lounge, and was directed to counter A, where bio-metrics and photo was taken. Paid the balance amount and paid Rs. 30 for SMS tracking. Was asked to confirm all details there, so no spelling mistakes.

Then, moved to counter B, where my old passport was annulled.

Finally at counter C, to my surprise, the lady officer, did not ask any question and told me there would be no police verification. Asked her about the expected time of receiving the passport She said a maximum of 3 working days.

At the exit, got a receipt and a feedback form to fill.

Got my passport within the next 2 days.

So, hats-off to the PSK Andheri staff. Very smooth process and ever friendly staff.
Old 18th August 2014, 11:17   #1540
BHPian

Re: spouse name update.

Does the new booklet which is issued carry the existing Visas or will they have to be newly applied for?
Old 18th August 2014, 12:21   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Would it make sense to apply for renewal together (me and my wife)?
Apply your PP together.You can also get your wife's name endorsed in your pp when you apply for change of address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Re: spouse name update.

Does the new booklet which is issued carry the existing Visas or will they have to be newly applied for?
You need to carry your old PP whenever you travel to the countries whose visa is stamped on your old PP.

Waseem.
Old 21st August 2014, 22:06   #1542
BHPian

I need some suggestions friends. I am in US now. I would like to renew my sons passport that's due for next April. The current address is different than the address in passport (Both addresses are within Chennai).

1) Is there a Tatkal facility in Chennai for Minor passport renewal? How soon the Tatkal passport will delivered?
2) Do we need to take any appointment for 11yrs old boy in Chennai PSK?
2) Are there any documents required from my side? I see that Annex G or H may be required.
3) What are the other documents are important for the minor renewal?

The details are not clear atleast to me. I need your quick help here.

-Thanks in advance
Old 26th August 2014, 01:43   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_flying_B View Post
Had a butter-smooth experience for my passport renewal at PSK Andheri East.
Can you please suggest what documents we might need for my son's renewal under Tatkaal? Whats the procedure to get the Tatkaal appointment?
Regards
Kiran
Old 27th August 2014, 13:02   #1544
Senior - BHPian

I have applied online for renewal of my son's passport. His passport will expire in November.

Now, do I need to print the online application form that I had filled in and submitted?

In my case, there is no address change and both me and my wife have each other's names in the 'Spouse' field already.

My son is 5.5 years old.

What documents should we carry besides the original passport and the appointment printout?
My wife will take my kid to the RPO and she will carry all three original passports with her.

Last edited by S_U_N : 27th August 2014 at 13:04.
Old 27th August 2014, 13:18   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I have applied online for renewal of my son's passport. His passport will expire in November.
Please carry his birth Certificate,appointment printout and all three passports.

Waseem

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks