Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 14:31   #1606
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
While booking appointment, is there a way to mention that you need Tatkal passport. If so, does it allow a person to get appointment at a earlier date?
There's an option asking for Normal or Tatkal but I dont think you will get an earlier date.
Old 17th September 2014, 14:46   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Passport is issued by the government. Why would they need an NOC from your society to issue you a passport?
A lesson in this: don't believe everything you hear. Check the passport seva website- it has all the details precisely laid out. Follow it faithfully and you will get your passport.
Thanks for the revert. Actually I faced this ordeal when i renewed my passport 3 years ago from Mumbai. I was told by the cops to get society NOC and an affidavit from my landlord even though I had SBI bank statement, rent agreement, IT assessment orders as well as letter from my employer. When I told the cops to rely on these documents, they sent an incomplete verification report. This happened twice and everytime I had to visit passport office and furnish fresh PPI forms. Finally, I made a written complaint mentioning name of the cop who was harassing me to DCP-CID (Passport Branch) and submitted acknowledged copy of complaint to the Police Station. This resulted in erring cop getting transferred from the passport desk in police station. However, since i did not want to waste any more time, I convinced my landlord for the affidavit and also obtained NOC from the society by pulling some strings.

This entire ordeal lasted six months and I wasted so many working days The only good thing which came out of this was the erring cop getting transferred from the passport desk so his wallet would have certainly become lighter. This time, I don't want to go through the same experience so thought of getting some information from BHPians on how to get around this NOC related mess.

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 17th September 2014 at 14:56.
Old 17th September 2014, 14:46   #1608
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Tanveer, regular passport dates are more easily available but in the future. e.g. I applied early August for my child's passport by "regular" route and got a date 6 weeks in the future (sometime next week). This is Pune PSK and should vary by location.

Using Tatkaal, not that long ago, for my wife's passport, we got the date within a week or so. But it was a very painful process since the slots only opened at 3 pm and they blocked company IP's (so needed to do a WFH and start refreshing the damn screen from 5 minutes before). Also it severely limited our timeslot choice since you would tend to grab whatever was available.

Very poorly designed process and I hope it has now been revamped.
Old 17th September 2014, 14:51   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While booking appointment, is there a way to mention that you need Tatkal passport. If so, does it allow a person to get appointment at a earlier date?
Yes, you need to select that option before booking an appointment.

Tatkal is like IRCTC, booking for Tatkal slots opens at 3:30 PM and slots are gone in few minutes. Usually you get a slot in next 2 - 3 days.

Specific list is here : http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...ne/appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Passport is issued by the government. Why would they need an NOC from your society to issue you a passport?
Check the passport seva website- it has all the details precisely laid out. Follow it faithfully and you will get your passport.
PSK clearly mentioned that list (and Document Checklist) on site is just indicative. Site also mentions that.

For eaxample, Letter from IAS/IPS is not a mandetory (if someone has multiple documents from list of 16 + affidavit) as per site, but PSK will not process Tatkal applications wihtout that. They will actually Fax office of that IAS/IPS to validate the latter before granting passport.

Similarly NOC is a Mumbai thing, Police has its own parallel system of verification and sometimes they do insist on NOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
1. Landline Bill from MTNL from last 1.5 years
2. Bank passbook which was issued recently but has transactions from more than one year. Also have Bank statements of Aug 2013 and Sep 2014 (Internet printouts on which I've obtained stamps and sign from SBI branch)
3. e-Aadhar card downloaded this month after updating the address
These should be fine for passport office. You can later arrange NOC if Police insists.

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 17th September 2014 at 15:08.
Old 17th September 2014, 15:06   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
These should be fine for passport office. You can later arrange NOC is Police insists.
That's where the problem is. Our society has informed me that no NOC for passport etc. will be issued to the tenants. Passport officials may understand the same but i am wary of cops due to my last experience. Fingers crossed.
Old 17th September 2014, 15:12   #1611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more thing, if you have "Proof of urgency", appointment is not required and you walk-in to regional passport office (not in PSK). They will generate appointment for same/next day.
Old 17th September 2014, 18:09   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
My wife's passport was due for expiry in April. Since we have travel plans next month, applied through tatkal yesterday. The process was smooth and took 45 minutes in all. All they wanted was a original and a single copy of the Aadhaar card, filled application copy and copy of the old passport. This because there is a change in address. Otherwise, only documents 2 & 3 sufficient.

The status was changed to printed within a couple of hours. They informed that the passport will be sent to our address before Friday.

"Your Passport has been printed and You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched."

Next kids passports need to be renewed.
Passport dispatched. All within 24hrs, impressive!
Old 17th September 2014, 19:45   #1613
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my passport renewal process done. Applied for "Normal" for Tuesday and was allotted 10 AM slot (no choices given). Reached the place (PSK office, Kottayam) at 9.55 AM and then walked into the counter in a queue. I was asked for the passport copy which I did NOT have! Thankfully, there was a xerox counter within the office. Passed the xerox and appointment print out and NOTHING more was asked for.

I was given a token & sent to the second floor, waited for 5 mins till I was called into counter A where photograph & finger prints were taken - total time spent : 10 mins. Sent to counter B and then counter C as soon as I was done with counter B; though I was asked to wait. Counter C - 5 mins, the old passport was stamped "Cancelled" and I was told that the new passport would be send in 2 weeks time.

Went to the exit, where I was handed over an acknowledgement form. NO police verification for me either. All in all, time taken 45 mins; that too because of my fault. Else less than 30 mins I guess. What I noticed is, a smile on your face helps. Staffs were friendly - I was even asked whether my pic was OK?!
Old 18th September 2014, 14:39   #1614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My son's passport renewal application was done on 11th. The current status is passport is printed and awaiting quality check/ lamination/ signing.
Passport received today, 18th September. It took exactly 7 days to get the passport after applying for it at the PSK.
Old 18th September 2014, 15:45   #1615
Senior - BHPian

Need some information regarding PP application process for a friend.

The PP was applied at first in Chennai which is the place of permanent residence of the person.
She has been working in Bangalore since few years now and stays at a PG accomodation . The Chennai PP office asked for a letter from her place of employment since the permanent address given was Chennai and her office is in Bangalore, which she did not get unfortunately and she had to cancel the application at Chennai.

Now she is re-applying in Bangalore since the Chennai application file has been closed. What needs to be known is if she can give the address of her PG stating that she is staying on rent there or does it have to be mentioned specifically that it is a PG accommodation?
Old 18th September 2014, 18:07   #1616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Now she is re-applying in Bangalore since the Chennai application file has been closed. What needs to be known is if she can give the address of her PG stating that she is staying on rent there or does it have to be mentioned specifically that it is a PG accommodation?
Yes she & can no need to mention that it is a PG.The documents she can produce for address are Bank Passbook(with pic) with statements of last one year (endorsed by bank) and letter from employer mentioning current PG address and DOJ.

Waseem.
Old 24th September 2014, 14:29   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Finally, I was 'granted' passport today morning, on my 2nd visit to the PSK, Pune. First time, they kept the application on hold for not producing original Marriage Certificate. So I had got today's date for producing the same.

Things moved briskly between all counters and I was out in 40 minutes with the status 'Granted'.

However, I am surprised with the remark 'Police Verification: Not required'. I wonder why. Since I am not only renewing my passport, I am also changing the address details. Lucky me (???) !
Old 24th September 2014, 15:33   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
However, I am surprised with the remark 'Police Verification: Not required'. I wonder why. Since I am not only renewing my passport, I am also changing the address details. Lucky me (???) !
It depends on the ''MOOD'' of the officer at counter 'C'.

Lucky you.

Waseem.
Old 24th September 2014, 15:47   #1619
BHPian

Applied for passport in PSK Pune on 5th Sep.

Status shown on 5th Sep evening as : Police Verification Initiated.[ address change is there]

As of today 24th Sep, status is same as above.

No phone/ visit by local police station.

Is it normal delay ? or am I expected to visit the PS and enquire about it so that after necessary 'oiling' it might move :-) ?
Old 24th September 2014, 16:33   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Applied for passport in PSK Pune on 5th Sep.

Status shown on 5th Sep evening as : Police Verification Initiated.[ address change is there]

As of today 24th Sep, status is same as above.

No phone/ visit by local police station.

Is it normal delay ? or am I expected to visit the PS and enquire about it so that after necessary 'oiling' it might move :-) ?
The duration depends on the load and efficiency of the respective police station. You don't have to do anything. If you need it soon, you can approach the police station and ask regarding your verification form.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks